85 308 Brake Lights | FerrariChat

85 308 Brake Lights

Discussion in '308/328' started by BEisler, Sep 20, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BEisler

BEisler Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2006
    Carmel, IN
    My 308 GTS QV was deliverd about 2 weeks ago and I just now noticed I don't have brake lights. I have read other posts and don't see anything out there that can help. With ignition on, pressing the brake pedal does nothing - neither brake light. Other functions on the same fuse seem to work (wipers, etc.) Could it be both brake bulbs are out or other electrical gremlins? All other lights seem to work fine.

thanks

Bill

2. ferrarioldman

ferrarioldman Formula 3
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Jun 19, 2002
    Summerfield, NC
    Full Name:
    Tom Jones
    It's easy to check the brake light switch with a test light under the dash. Only 2 wires to it. Check for 12V going to the switch the 12V coming out when you push the pedal down.

3. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Don't forget the bulbs. You brought it up. I see cars with both burned out all the time. But between the switch and the bulbs you will probably fix it.

4. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    Or just touch the two wires (red and green, IIRC) together and see if you have brake lights. The switches fail frequently.

5. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    There are total of 4 bulbs 2 on each side try top wigle the bulb around see if it will come on if not check bulb socket for corotion, loose fit, and worn out terminial inside socket

6. barcheta

barcheta F1 Rookie

Nov 15, 2003
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Also visually inspect the wiring harness at the light.... if it's popping fuses it could be grounding out somewhere around the assembly... Do yourself a favor and get rid of those fuse panel blocks. Replace it with Birdman's new and improved fuse blocks.

7. barbo1

barbo1 Rookie

Aug 21, 2004
    Huntington beach ca.
    Full Name:
    gerald barbisan
    had the same problem with my 85, it was the switch, works fine now! good luck!