Americana Manhasset Concours - Who's going? | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Americana Manhasset Concours - Who's going?

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by Arrwin, Oct 2, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. notoboy

notoboy F1 Rookie

Jul 8, 2003
    NYC
    Full Name:
    David
    Hahahahaha.... good answer ;)

2. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    I would gladly volunteer to be your super model panty phone number collector... :)

3. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    LOL :D

4. jptyke

jptyke Formula 3

Sep 28, 2004
    Manhattan, NY
    Full Name:
    Master P.

Muhaahaa, you are the Man GF!

5. TMINUS

TMINUS Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2006
    NYC
    Full Name:
    TMINUS
    Before I offer response to your childish uninformed retort, I have to ask you where do you see hate? I loved the car and took multiple pics of it.

Now, I guess you haven't met me in person - I don't need bodyguards.

6. millemiglia01

millemiglia01 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2004
    the north shore li
    Full Name:
    amante
    i think he was just pointing out that with something as valuable as the p 4/5 (and i mean value as time invested AND financially valuable) you cant be too careful. there are a lot of jealous nutjobs out there and you never know. the worst thing would be to have noone looking out after her and have some crazy bastard pull something.. what then??

7. Parikh1234

Parikh1234 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 9, 2006
    Little Ferry, NJ USA
    Full Name:
    Shivam Parikh
    I dont think he meant that as hate. But, if I had a car like that, I would have chuck norris guarding it. There are too many stupid people out there.

8. Parikh1234

Parikh1234 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 9, 2006
    Little Ferry, NJ USA
    Full Name:
    Shivam Parikh
    lol you beat me to it.

9. notoboy

notoboy F1 Rookie

Jul 8, 2003
    NYC
    Full Name:
    David
    Unfortunately, there are too many jealous haters out there. I've had my 355 scratched at a car show before, and its not even in the same category as Jim's car.

The P4/5 is the only one in existence, so any amount of damage for any reason would be too much. A couple bucks for someone to watch that car is little insurance to pay for a car that valuable.

10. JStone414

JStone414 Formula 3

Sep 23, 2004
    Gotham
    Full Name:
    Roman Sionis
    yeah, didn't mean any hate by it. Just to each his own, Jim cares about his car and was doing everything to make sure nothing would happen to it. I'd, like most of us, would do the same

11. buzzm2005

buzzm2005 Formula 3

Aug 23, 2005
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Buzz
    All true. I actually think I picked up a door ding at the show. :-(

I will say this, though. There were 2 Enzos at the show. One was stage left ("complimenting" the P4/5 at stage right), on the red carpet, and blocked off. Another was quietly parked in the main show area next to a 355 Spider and a 308 (I think). No ropes, no "do not touch" signs. A driver's car. And guess whose car it was? Same person who takes it on runs in the rain.

12. Parikh1234

Parikh1234 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 9, 2006
    Little Ferry, NJ USA
    Full Name:
    Shivam Parikh
    My Hero....

13. Little Joe

Little Joe Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2004
    Mahwah, NJ
    Full Name:
    Joe S.
    And then there was that guy who tore his enzo apart to make his own ride...

14. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus

I'm not sure I get your point. So far P 4/5 has 700 high speed test miles including in the rain. Rene Arnoux drove the piss out of her both on the road course and the high speed banking. We took her to the speed on the banking where her body touched the tires due to the massive downforce. Afterwards I drove her in rush hour traffic into Paris at night, parked her on the Champs Elysee, and went in for dinner. MMM wanted her roped off with security so what?

15. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

Lets not get this thread all out of whack. Where, and how the cars were arranged was defined by the show organizers. The velvet ropes, the security, were for display and piece of mind... not a big deal really.

The owner of the roped-off Enzo was actually displaying several cars yesterday. He is the same fellow who most generously brought his car to Niptuck's NYU show back in May, and he was allowing many of the kids to sit inside, so I highly doubt he demanded the protection.

I both arrived and departed with the Enzo owner who parked "among the masses". It was a last minute appearance, and we had to leave early. He does quietly participate here, though I believe he prefers to keep a low profile. And yes, he is the same individual whose car I posted shots of here in the rain. Truthfully all the guys I know here (save for Rehan :D of course) are pure drivers at heart.

No need to cast judgement.

16. Parikh1234

Parikh1234 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 9, 2006
    Little Ferry, NJ USA
    Full Name:
    Shivam Parikh
    I dont know Rehan, but I did see his black Murci at LoBC. Man was that car clean. Hats off to the guy. He is a man that takes care of what he loves....

17. 996TTurbo

996TTurbo Formula 3

Apr 9, 2006
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Did anyone see Mr. Bob Wallach drop the metal pole on his Enzo stepping over the rope? I wanted to cry, thank god there wasnt any damage, and he just shook it off!

BTW he is a COOL guy, very humble.

18. yetis

yetis Rookie

Nov 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Yes, you beat me too it!!! I couldn't believe it... All that and its the rope that does the damage to the Enzo! He took it well, better than I would!

19. buzzm2005

buzzm2005 Formula 3

Aug 23, 2005
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Buzz
    My earlier post lacked hi-fi post-tone and blended my Enzo observation with the P4/5. They are only distantly related.

I just found it very cool that an Enzo ended up in the field without the rope because you see the roped-off policy so often.

20. bointc

bointc Formula Junior

Mar 6, 2006
    Jersey City, NJ
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    I thought it was cool just to see those cars out, never expected to see the P4/5 in person! BTW Just curious, what other cars was he showing? I was talking to him at the NYU thing, and he said he's just a crazy collector at herat (which would imply to me that he has quite the collection! :p) , just curious to if you knew which other of the gorgeous cars that were there was his.

21. millemiglia01

millemiglia01 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2004
    the north shore li
    Full Name:
    amante
    went back for dinner last night as well.. bob wallach's heritage GT and one of folis quattroportes were still chilling there at like 8pm.. looked funny chilling there all alone..

22. TMINUS

TMINUS Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2006
    NYC
    Full Name:
    TMINUS
    JStone414 specifically told me to 'man up' and not to 'hate the playa, hate the game' when all I did was merely post facetious comment to 'McIc26' 's original comment on Page 5 of this thread.

Those were strong unwarranted words coming from JStone414 - For no reason. - Which is why I gave that blatant, unorthodox answer, on page 6.

The P4/5 and it's security was never a topic of discussion, only comment.

23. 996TTurbo

996TTurbo Formula 3

Apr 9, 2006
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Well, yea the P4/5 really stole my heart, i mean i was staring for a good 15 minutes in amazement, the thing was unreal. Mr.Wallach at a previous event i was at, could have been last year's Concours De Elegance, well he came in the Enzo, went back and got the Carrera GT i believe and an SLR Mclaren.

The black Vantage V8 Aston had his name on the piece of paper that was there, his daughter came in a 360 challenge stradale i believe and at the last NYU event she came in an SL65!

BTW anyone know who won the awards??

24. Italteen3

Italteen3 Formula 3

Oct 14, 2005
    New York
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    WOW what an awesome time yesterday! Good meeting you Jim, Noah, Wallach again, and others. Don't know where to start yesterday was amazing. I'm pulling in and so is a McLaren F1 and I believe the owner's son in his F50. Everyone in my truck was silent. Like you mentioned yesterday your P4/5 definitely looks better in person. So many more curves and lines you can't see in pictures. Thanks for taking the pic with us and the chat!

Hearing John's Stradale pull away was great, I think even the DJ turned off the music to listen in :D.

Glad I didn't see Wallach knock the pole over I probably would have cried :). Good thing he took it well.

LP640 MMMMMMMEAN!

Spyker was radical looking.

Martin does you car have a carbon wing?

Still have yet to see an F40 in person oh well.

25. Speedracer38

Speedracer38 F1 Veteran

Oct 11, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Jason Thorgalsen
    I was wondering who the girl in the CS was.