Sunday 10/22-RALLY, Lunch and Grand Prix of Brazil viewing at FoNE/MoNE | FerrariChat

Sunday 10/22-RALLY, Lunch and Grand Prix of Brazil viewing at FoNE/MoNE

Discussion in 'New England' started by BigHead, Oct 16, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BigHead

BigHead Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Outside of Boston
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Check out our web site at: http://www.fca-newengland.org/home.html

Ferrari Club of America - New England Region

Sunday, October 22nd - RALLY, Lunch and Grand Prix of Brazil viewing at Ferrari Maserati of New England

The last driving event of the 2006 season in New England? Alas, quite possibly, so let's go out with a bang!

We'll be meeting at 10:00 am for a leisurely Sunday morning rally, concluding at the new (and huge) location for Ferrari Maserati of New England in Foxboro, MA, for a catered lunch and a viewing of the Brazilian GP.

The dealership is also offering free technical inspections, car washes (must call to reserve a slot!) and more. Dress is casual, and please bring the kids! The dealership will be open for this event starting at 9 am, with lunch at noon and the race viewing at 1 pm.

For rally participants, please meet at the OLD location of the dealership, 1203 Washington St in West Newton, and departing at 10 am. We'll drive through some nice country roads before parading into the dealership around 11:30 am.

To reserve a tech inspection slot with the dealership, please call Mark Mina at 617 559 0123. To RSVP for the rally, please contact me at BigHeadDennis at earthlink.net. Other questions, please contact Bruce Ledoux, MA Chapter President, at bruce.ledoux at morganstanley.com

Vty,

--Dennis
    Regional Director

101 Washington St
    (Route 1)
    Foxboro, MA 02035
    Phone: 617-559-0123

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From Points North
    Take RT.128 S towards I-95/Dedham/Providence Take the I-95 S exit towards Providence, RI At exit 9, take Ramp (RIGHT) onto US-1 [Boston Providence Tpke] towards US-1 / Foxboro / Wrentham (4.5 mi) Arrive at the Ferrari Store located on 101 Washington St, (Route 1), Foxboro,MA-02035

From Points South
    Merge onto I-95 N
    At exit 6B, take Ramp (RIGHT) onto I-495 towards I-495 / Worcester (2.8 mi) At exit 14A, take Ramp (RIGHT) onto US-1 [Washington St] towards US-1 / Wrentham (3.6 mi) Arrive at the Ferrari Store located on 101 Washington St, (Route 1), Foxboro,MA-02035

From Points East
    Take Ramp (RIGHT) onto I-495 towards I-495 / Mansfield / Worcester (8.4 mi) At exit 14A, take Ramp (RIGHT) onto US-1 [Washington St] towards US-1 / Wrentham (3.6 mi) Arrive at the Ferrari Store located on 101 Washington St, (Route 1), Foxboro,MA-02035

From Points West
    Take Ramp (RIGHT) onto I-495 towards I-495 / I-90 / Cape Cod (24.2 mi) At exit 14A, take Ramp (RIGHT) onto US-1 [Washington St] towards US-1 / Wrentham (3.9 mi) Arrive at the Ferrari Store located on 101 Washington St, (Route 1), Foxboro,MA-02035

2. SPHFerrari

SPHFerrari Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2004
    Mass
    Full Name:
    Spenser
    is there anyone going on the rally who has to go back past the Newton location? im trying to line up a passenger seat so i can do some tracking shots. i may just get a friend to drive me if nobody can.

3. abarthracer

abarthracer Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2003
    Falmouth, Cape Cod
    Full Name:
    david S.
    Dennis,
    I will be meeting you guys at the old dealership. See you there.
    David S.
    red/tan 355

4. 05redgt

05redgt Rookie

Jun 22, 2006
    I have tried to meet up for a few of these drives / events but things seem to come up. Looks like this sunday will work me if you don't mind a different kind of f-car.

5. ETW

ETW Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    I'll definatly try to get out there if you dont mind one more of those other f cars

6. abarthracer

Dec 6, 2003
    Falmouth, Cape Cod
    Full Name:
    david S.
    So do we have more Fords on this drive than Ferrari's at this point???? just checking(and joking!)
    David

7. rsvmille676

rsvmille676 Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2004
    G-town
    Full Name:
    Scott Major
    I will be there. If there is anyone from Newton going that has some spare room in the passenger seat please let me know. I'd love to hitch a ride.

Cheers!

Scotty.

8. 550marcelo

550marcelo Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 6, 2006
    Nyc
    Full Name:
    MARCELO
    I will be there Dennis

9. Prova85

Prova85 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    So. Shore MA.
    Full Name:
    Kenny K
    Hey marcelo

Good to see you on fchat. Remember you on the lawn at Tutto. See you for the race !

Kenny K

10. 550marcelo

550marcelo Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 6, 2006
    Nyc
    Full Name:
    MARCELO
    Nice that you will be there Kenny.

11. Giovanni_P

Giovanni_P Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    MetroWest, MA
    Full Name:
    John Pelliccio
    I'll dilute the Ferrari content of this event even further, but will tag along. Not sure if I'll make it to the rally but definitely to the FoNE portion of the event.

Dennis, thanks for your PM.

Gio P

12. SPHFerrari

Sep 25, 2004
    Mass
    Full Name:
    Spenser
    see everyone in a couple hours!

13. SPHFerrari

Sep 25, 2004
    Mass
    Full Name:
    Spenser
    had a great time this morning. amazing turnout for the rally, and even moreso for the viewing. thanks to Dennis for organizing and for taking me on as his navigator, and Ara for giving my friend a ride. good seeing all of you out there for a last jaunt before the winter sets in. here are my photos

http://spenserheaps.smugmug.com/gallery/2036268

14. abarthracer

Dec 6, 2003
    Falmouth, Cape Cod
    Full Name:
    david S.
    Hey SPH,
    Great pictures and good to have some younger enthusiasts with us. What a great day and as you said what a turnout!! Thanks very much Dennis for putting it together. Look forward to more of the same next spring(if not sooner!!)
    David

15. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    Thanks to FoNE for putting on a great show, thanks to Natalia and all the team for dealing with such a huge turnout!

16. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    wow - quite a turnout!

sorry i missed it - had a zillion family commitments this weekend.

GREAT pics spenser - nice work!

doody.

17. rsvmille676

rsvmille676 Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2004
    G-town
    Full Name:
    Scott Major
    Great to see everyone again! What an AMAZING turn out.

18. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    It was great to see everyone and the great cars.
    It also was good to see that EB jr. thought it important enough to show up - and spend the day.
    natalia and the FONE team did a great job.
    - Ron

19. BigHead

BigHead Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Outside of Boston
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Thanks to everyone for coming out! What a fantastic time.

I had received 10-12 RSVPs for the rally, and expected that a few more might show up unannounced, so I printed up 25 copies of the route instructions just in case. When I got there... I lost count of the cars at *35*, and a couple more rolled in just as we were getting underway! I warned people against just blindly following the guy in front of you, but, of course, lots of people did just that and so we managed to have large roaming groups of exotic cars all over!

Alas, because our starting and ending spots were so close to Boston, we weren't able to enjoy the types of roads that I usually run my rallies on (typically in Northern NH and VT, or in Central MA or NW CT). Still, some nice scenery, and I hope that not everyone got completely lost. I think everyone made it to the dealership OK, and from what I heard, some received a slight scolding from the cops but no tickets were issued.

I was fortunate enough to have Spenser (SPH) ride with me, and he took some AMAZING shots.

Great to see everyone!

vty,

--Dennis

20. EHMSQUARED

EHMSQUARED Rookie

Feb 11, 2006
    Mansfield MA>
    Full Name:
    Mark E. Mina
    It was great to see all of you,, Thanks very much for visiting us.
    We hope to do this more often.

Thanks everyone!

Great job Dennis!
    Great pics Spenser!