F40 for sale | FerrariChat

F40 for sale

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by 03close, Oct 22, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. racespecferrari

racespecferrari F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2006
    Suffolk, Uk
    Full Name:
    Pete.G By The Sea
    Apart from the first one, is it me or have f40 prices rocketed, I thought they were averaging at around £175k

2. dongerdude

dongerdude Formula 3

Mar 17, 2006
    Full Name:
    Carl
    I agree with what you are saying, however I don't think it is limited to F40 - other classic Ferraris seem to be at higher prives all of a sudden as well, esp. 246 Dinos. What I do think represents good value currently on the classic supercar market is Porsche 959s - DK Engineering have a 29,000km one, formally owned by Eddie Irvine for £144,995 which seems remarkably decent value when compared to the likes of brand new F430s and Ford GTs, etc.

Although maybe it's just because I absolutely adore late 80's/early 90's supercars that I think that...

3. racespecferrari

Jan 31, 2006
    Suffolk, Uk
    Full Name:
    Pete.G By The Sea

I've never been too sure about the 959, I thought a red one I see was nice, the majority that I see were silver, which I thought was a blandish colour for 'supercar', I would guess £145k would be about right, talking of 80's supercars give me an F40 or Countach anniversary anyday ;)

4. francisn

francisn Formula 3

Apr 18, 2004
    Berks, UK
    Full Name:
    francis newman
    I believe the cost of, or even lack of 959 spare parts, make even an F40 seem a budget car in terms of maintenance.

5. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    The Eddie Irvine link is not necessarily positive as he has a bit of a reputation for not taking care of his cars. Personally I detest 959s anyway!

Jonathan

6. stocky

stocky Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2005
    Bolton , England.
    Full Name:
    Andy
    stratstone ferrari in manchester have just sold a concours F40 on an N plate for £199.999 , i went to look at it and it was spotless , a real minter , it only had 2 owners and done 11000 km , they seem to be going up in value, and it seemed to be one of the last ones , with cats and active suspension , they are definately coming more and more popular.....

7. racespecferrari

Jan 31, 2006
    Suffolk, Uk
    Full Name:
    Pete.G By The Sea
    I thought they stopped on an H, it must have been a re-registered one if its an N

8. dongerdude

dongerdude Formula 3

Mar 17, 2006
    Full Name:
    Carl
    I thought the only way in the UK that you are allowed to put newer plates on a car than the age of the car is if it has been kept unregistered and never used until the time the newer-than-the car plates are fitted, although I may be wrong.

Certainly N plates are too new for an F40 - N was August 95 to July 96

By re-registered, do you mean imported and then put onto UK plates? In fact, anyone who can tell me how this really works, I'd like to know - everyone I ask seems to have a different theory!

9. racespecferrari

Jan 31, 2006
    Suffolk, Uk
    Full Name:
    Pete.G By The Sea
    Don't quote me on this but if its a brand new never used car that the factory supplied say two or three years later it can be registered on that plate, or if the factory made one from say new parts

10. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Usually about £185k+ up to near the 200 mark.

This F40 is just down the road from me so may take a wee trip down to see it.

11. racespecferrari

Jan 31, 2006
    Suffolk, Uk
    Full Name:
    Pete.G By The Sea
    What would they give on the Prowler on Pex ;)

12. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Are you kidding? Theres no way i would exchange this beast for a puny F40, NO WAY! :)

13. racespecferrari

Jan 31, 2006
    Suffolk, Uk
    Full Name:
    Pete.G By The Sea
    Nothing to beat that wind in your hair (or rain if you live here at the mo)

14. stocky

stocky Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2005
    Bolton , England.
    Full Name:
    Andy
    a strange one this , it was definately on an N plate as i saw it with my own eyes, i wish i had asked now dammit , it must have been lying around for a few years unregistered as the info sheet said the 2nd owner acquired it with only 500 km on the clock, the chassis number ended 000095249 if that means anything to anyone....................

15. ted 191

ted 191 Karting

Sep 6, 2005
    yorkshire
    Full Name:
    chris heeley
    A friend has a maroon 959 for sale offers around £80k

16. RAY430RED

RAY430RED Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Marlborough Wilts
    Full Name:
    Ray F
    It was an Itilialin import First reg over there in 1990 with alloy yank tanks But defo was a minter

17. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Em, has it got an engine?

18. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    The DK car is about £ 50 000 ahead of the market - there are several others in Europe at well under £ 100 000 - there was a magazine test recently that basically said 959 to drive but 997 to own - they are very difficult cars to keep going apparently with (unusually) lots of unobtainable necessary parts

19. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew

Never knew they were going so low, wow!

20. dongerdude

dongerdude Formula 3

Mar 17, 2006
    Full Name:
    Carl
    Me either - in fact I'm amazed! Anyone think they'll continue to fall, or are they likely to appreciate? (not that it really matters to me - I don't even have £80K!)

How come the DKEng car is so much more - I'm presuming it has more to do with the low mileage than the fact that it was Eddie Irvines (in fact I've never got this whole thing about paying more for a car that was celeb-owned than one that isn't, but I just don't get celebrity culture full-stop!).