What if Alonso won WDC the next 5 years in a row?? | FerrariChat

What if Alonso won WDC the next 5 years in a row??

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by Jason Crandall, Oct 28, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    What if Alonso won WDC the next 5 years in a row??

How pissed would MS be??

2. Xassius

Xassius Rookie

Dec 5, 2005
    What if schumi came back next year and won the next 7 WDC's?

...it wont happen.

3. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Didn't I read this week that Alonso said he would retire if he won a third title?
    His ambition is to equal Senna's 3 WDC, and not to go beyond that.

4. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    And Senna's was to equal Fangios. I think Alonso will win more than 3 but not 7.

5. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    This is a laugh-able thread :D

6. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    I think people will be bored very quickly as they were with the MS run. People care about their own entertainment and not much else, so they would want FA to get the boot just so another coloured car could win for a year or two.

7. jbanzai

jbanzai Formula 3

Feb 1, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Full Name:
    Julio
    He did not say that. What he said (and he did so in Spanish) is that he would be happy to retire after 3 WDC, the same that Senna got. Quite a different statment that some journalist turned into something quite diffrerent... as always.

You guys have to remember that Alonso and Kimi and many others are not born in an English speaking country, and they are not as fluent as you on English. Some times what comes out of their mouths is not really what they ment to say. I have the exact same problem in this forum.

However this time it was the other way around. He said it properly in Spanish, and some foreign journalist did understand his statment the wrong way.

- Julio.

8. The K Reloaded

The K Reloaded Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 28, 2004
    Los Angeles
    MS would be peeved, his fans would table excuses from here to infinity.

9. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Thanks for the clarification, Julio. The way I read it, Alonso could have seen retirement before he is 30! It's not inconceivable that he can win another WDC within the next 5 years.

10. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    Sometimes I have a little fear that Alonso's success has come too early -- where do you go from up?

If he gets 1 more in a row, it will truly be a remarkable achievement for both Alonso and McClaren.

11. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    +1

Actually despite being an Alonso fan I'm quite happy he goes to McLaren now: That way he won't win another title for a while. Three in a row would be boring. Meanwhile Kimi gets a chance.

Change is the spice of life.

12. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def

I am really bored tonight. What drugs are you on, and can you spare any?

13. BlackRX7Turbo

BlackRX7Turbo Karting

Sep 18, 2004
    Northern Jersey
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    +1

It will be interesting to see how much difference the car changes for KR and FA will make in their ability to get on the podium/win a championship.... I know I've heard peopel say that if MS wasn't in a Ferrari, he'd have been nowhere near the top...

14. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    If Alonso won the next 5 DCs with McLaren, I believe the most upset man on the planet would be Juan Montoya.

15. ferraridude615

ferraridude615 F1 Veteran

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    If FA won 5 more, Kimi would start talking, Dale Jr. would have a seat at Ferrari, F1 would move to oval and circle tracks , Super Aguri would win a race, Ferrari would change its color to blue and its horse to a elephant, and gates of hell would open and start the apocalypse, pigs would start flying, and F1 will be the 2nd most popular sport in the US next to soccer.

16. Mr Payne

Mr Payne F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    Full Name:
    Payne
    More than any individual driver winning, I wish that the racing is close more than anything. That's why 2003, 2005, & 2006 were infinitely better than 02 & 04.

17. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando

Ask Emerson Fittipaldi.

18. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando

You're almost correct; F1 would be the 2nd most popular sport in the US next to (pick one)
    1) Professional Bass Fishing
    2) World Series of Poker
    3) Professional Paint Gun Championships
    4) AVP Women's Professional Beach Volleyball <<< my fav.

19. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Its good to see some humor once in a while. Yes, like McLaren will provide FA with the kind of car he needs to win just one WDC! :0

20. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    That is very possible if McLaren can get its act together...and if McLaren's history gives us an indication, it won't stay down long...

21. Steve B

Steve B Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Naperville
    Full Name:
    Steven L. Biagini
    But it is not just what McLaren does. The question is performance relative to the competition. Ferrari had extreme technical dominance from 2000 to 2004, which was helped by tire competition in some years. No one will have a competitive advantage coming from tires in the future, which may make it tougher to achieve the kind of domination that Ferrari had.

22. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    IF they can find the money.
    It takes double what it did 5 years ago to get back 'on top', not sure if Mercedes will afford it in this global economic downturn.

23. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    Global economic downturn...since when? The U.S. stock market is sitting new highs almost daily and most other world economic indicators are very high...with a lot of F1 sponser money now coming from Asia, which is the fastest growing economic giant in the world, I do not see money as an issue to McLaren's future success. Further, McLaren has been fast enough to win several races if they had the reliability...

24. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker

25. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Franklin, even Norbert Haug was quoted recently saying that McLaren are tightening their belts on budgets. I think if Ron Dennis would stay away from building Factories that are too fancy and Motorhomes that take a day to erect and focuses on F1 they can get back on top. Look at what Renault did with about half of McLaren's budget. I hope they hire a Geoff Willis, or dare I say Ross Brawn to get them back on top.

I don't think they would take a Ross Brawn as he would command a lot of power and I think McLaren is already too heavy with Chiefs...