end of the road for rosso corsa ? | FerrariChat

end of the road for rosso corsa ?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by testosterone.512, Oct 22, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. testosterone.512

Sep 23, 2005
    #1 testosterone.512, Oct 22, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Drove past rosso corsa in nw10 today and found the premises locked up with a bailiff's notice stuck on the door stating the building had been re-possessed !According to the neighbours they were kicked out on friday.

Obviously this was not expected as the showroom and workshop is still full of cars.Funny thing is though if you phone rosso corsa the person that answers will tell you that they are just re-locating !

I dread to think the hassle anyone is going to have trying to get their car and documents out of there especially as lukins is not going to be allowed to go back in.Worse still what if your car is in there having a major work done and you get your car back with a box of bits that hopefully came off your car !

I still find it amazing that punters still took their cars there with all the adverse history.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. jeffQV

jeffQV F1 Rookie

Feb 13, 2004
    NZ
    Full Name:
    jeff
    doesn't look good although the premises could have been rented and the freeholder didn't pay the mortgage? I guess the only way for sure is for someone in RC to post what the position is, I'd be a bit concerned if my car was there!

3. Ricard

Ricard Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2004
    Donington Park
    Full Name:
    Richard C
    #3 Ricard, Oct 22, 2006
  4. jeffQV

jeffQV F1 Rookie

Feb 13, 2004
    NZ
    Full Name:
    jeff
    damn! just made an appointment to see my Chiropractor

5. marky1

marky1 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mark
    That's someone using a decent city law firm too.

6. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    yes we all know about rosso corsa and richard lukins he even phoned me the other week when my car was for sale said he had a customer for it would i like to drop it at his showroom and they would clean it show it to there customer and then send me the asking price must say he was very convincing on the phone i can see how people had been caught out by this person

but what i am interested in is who is testosterone.512 as he only posts about rosso corsa on here and has done the same on piston heads you have no profile filled out are you an ex customer or a competitor that is using these sites to get at rosso corsa

7. LeeP

LeeP Formula 3
    BANNED

Mar 28, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    LeeP
    The sign has clients as "cliients"

Some good law firm huh (shoot me down as appropriate!)

8. testosterone.512

Sep 23, 2005
    Firstly i am an owner who only posts when i see a subject that i have an interest in or if i feel i can give genuine advice.I am not interested in the everyday tittle tattle that goes on on these forums.

Secondly i am an ex-customer of Lukins that got taken in by his waffle and got stung for about £1500 worth of work that was not necessary or was probably not even done.I am also a person that does not like to see innocent people get ripped off.

Meanwhile i interested to know why you always jump to his defense whenever i post anything about him,is this a case of looking after someone in the same trade or do you just not see a problem with his business practises ?

9. ewand

ewand Rookie

May 13, 2004
    According to the Official Receiver who's dealing with the liquidation of Rosso Corsa Sales Ltd (went into liquidation in March), and Rosso Corsa Workshop Ltd (liquidation in August) the premises were leased in the name of Rosso Corsa Coachworks Ltd. The landlords were informed about the situation with the other companies and they promptly changed the locks & booted RC out.

If your car is/was at the workshop then you might want to follow up the contact details of the Official Receiver on http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117238

Maybe not being able to continue trading will "encourage" a little more co-operation with ripped-off owners and the authorities investigating the behaviour of the enterprise.

Ewan

10. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    1 fair comment but look at it from other peoples view the only subject you post about is rosso corsa as far as i have seen but i could be wrong

2 Feel sorry for you have been a victim my self years ago left a boat on sale or return at ABERSOCH LAND & SEA owned by ian harrison and lost my money £10,000 in 1989

3 i dont jump to his defence as he is an bad man like i said he has tried to con me the other week and i dont class him in the same trade as me as i by cars then sell them i do not sell cars on a sale or return basis

11. racespecferrari

racespecferrari F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2006
    Suffolk, Uk
    Full Name:
    Pete.G By The Sea
    see below

I wouldn't say Steve is defending him here, he is merely pointing out that someone with the gift of the gab could easily persuade someone gullable to sell via him

12. bob355

bob355 Rookie

Jun 21, 2006
    wokingham
    Full Name:
    bobby singh
    I just got my 355 from Rc after a service no probs, They told me by next week they should be in the new place.

13. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    the story continues.............

14. tomkandy

tomkandy Rookie

Mar 15, 2006
    #14 tomkandy, Oct 30, 2006
  15. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    That was the first thing I saw, too...! Had you not posted, it would've been my only meaningful contribution to this thread... :)

16. testosterone.512

Sep 23, 2005
    Please dont take offense but why on earth did you take your car to Rc ?
    Have you not read the history ?
    You also mention that they are re-locating but the fact remains that they got thrown out for not paying the rent-does this not say something about the credit worthiness of this company ?
    Out of interest what is the name on the top of your invoice as i noticed from another poster that Rosso Corsa worshop went into liquidation in August ?

17. boba

boba Karting

May 10, 2005
    Madchester ,U.K.
    Full Name:
    dodgy bob
    Should ask bob355 to fill in his profile. I agree with what you 512 is getting at / implying

18. testosterone.512

Sep 23, 2005
    Spoke to my mate who works next door to RC and he says the place is well
    and truly locked up with no cars entering or leaving the workshop ?

Just to verify your story do you want to post a pic. of your car ?

Are you Bob & Nick that own the bodyshop in Slough ?

19. bob355

bob355 Rookie

Jun 21, 2006
    wokingham
    Full Name:
    bobby singh
    I know one of tthe mechanic there he's the only one who dose work on my car. Can some one tell me how to fill in my profill and I'll fill it in no probs, and who is bob, nick. no ofence to no one.

20. Bronco Jr

Bronco Jr Guest

Top of the screen

Click on user controls

then click on edit profile

then you're done

21. chrisx666

chrisx666 Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2004
    YorkshireUK
    Full Name:
    Chris B
  22. bob355

bob355 Rookie

Jun 21, 2006
    wokingham
    Full Name:
    bobby singh
    thats nick the chap i used when i hit my car he's in langley

23. ewand

ewand Rookie

May 13, 2004
    The fact that the company/companies is/are in liquidation seems to have little effect on the way the business is/was being run - I have invoices titled simply "Rosso Corsa" and dated after Rosso Corsa Sales Ltd went into liquidation.

Sadly, it's an uphill struggle to stop this kind of thing - businesses which are clearly in trouble continuing to trade and relieving poor, unsuspecting punters of (sometimes large) sums of money - RC Sales Ltd owes me £27k and it really sticks in my throat that they're allowed to carry on any kind of business as if it's all some technicality or other.

If anyone does spot the elusive Mr Lukins & his crowd appearing at another address, I'd be very interested to know where - as I'm sure would the Official Receiver, Wembley CID, BBC Watchdog etc etc...

cheers
    Ewan

24. testosterone.512

Sep 23, 2005
    Lukins has just taken on a 3 month lease on a unit bang opposite HR Owen at 6-8 School lane,NW10.Perhaps you should pay him a visit.
    Apparantly HR Owen are not impressed.

25. artcar

artcar Rookie

May 18, 2006
    I can confirm that he is trading, answers his mobile "Rosso Corsa"

Edited by Hud...Sorry guys no personal info allowed.