Front bumper skid plates for 360 CS? | FerrariChat

Front bumper skid plates for 360 CS?

Discussion in '360/430' started by sezme, Oct 29, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sezme

sezme Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2006
    NJ
    Full Name:
    sezme
    Who makes them? Does the installation use factory holes - or does there need to be some "fabrication?"

Did Ferrari ever make them??

TIA

S

2. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

3. sezme

sezme Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2006
    NJ
    Full Name:
    sezme
  4. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    No. They need to be fitted professionally which includes drilling. But it does protect the bottom of the bumper well. You WILL ground it fairly regularly. I didn't bother and my bumper is currently off for a repaint and I'm going to have these fitted this time.

5. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Did you get the car yet? Let's see it!

6. sezme

sezme Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2006
    NJ
    Full Name:
    sezme
    Yup - bought the car on Thursday sight unseen. With 650 miles on the clock the car is effectively brand new. I drove 5.5 hours yesterday to do a quick look-see, and it is as fantastic as was described over the phone. I should have it by weeks end.

I'll post some pix shortly.

Stu

7. sezme

sezme Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2006
    NJ
    Full Name:
    sezme
    Does anyone else make them, or is Hill the absolute best? What's the groups experience? Plastic? Metal?

S

8. Frenzo

Frenzo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2006
    Brisbane Australia
    Full Name:
    Brenden Bonning
    We can supply some which can be used with or without our front spoiler.
    The essential difference with these is that, although relatively small, they are fully contoured and actually provide better protection higher up the bumper as well as underneath. They are fitted to the bumper with a self-threading threaded insert. You don't need to remove the underbody panel to fit them.
    Once fitted, they are easy to remove and replace. You'll find comprehensive fitting instructions on the site. You'll be able to judge for yourself if you can handle the fitting, it's relatively easy. The price is delivered to your door, we post them out, turnaround about 7 days. Good luck with your new car. The link is below. :)

9. sezme

sezme Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2006
    NJ
    Full Name:
    sezme
    Sooooo, do I go with black plastic, Ti, or Aluminum?

S

10. Frenzo

Frenzo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2006
    Brisbane Australia
    Full Name:
    Brenden Bonning
    Ours are powdercoated black aluminum, but be aware that any skid plates will only protect you scraping across gutters and driveways, if you bottom out at speed on the road you will probably still destroy your bumper, even titanium ones are not going to save you then. Been there, Done that.
    Cheers. :)

11. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    I went with the plastic because they will still be black after you scrape them the first time. The others will be shinny so they would be more obvious. That is unless you want to touch them up often.

12. 20C4S

20C4S Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 5, 2003
    i'd suggest this. u see it u don't see it. hides well & even u scrape it doesn't turn color. here are some pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. sezme

sezme Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2006
    NJ
    Full Name:
    sezme
    That looks great. Seems to cover more area. Who makes those??? Whats the install like?

14. 20C4S

20C4S Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 5, 2003
    call Dave @ Premier. i don't have his number handy so do a search here. he's well known on the board. install is like a hour job. ask him for detail.

15. sezme

sezme Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2006
    NJ
    Full Name:
    sezme
    Where is Premier? What State or City?

S

16. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Dave is at 310.559.1562 in Culver City California. Dave made and installed the skid plates on my CS. If you call him, tell him Jon sent you. Good Luck.

17. sezme

sezme Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2006
    NJ
    Full Name:
    sezme
    Welllll - since I am in NJ, it's going to be a bit difficult!

18. jck

jck Karting

Sep 22, 2006
    Santa Monica, CA
    Full Name:
    James Kim
    I understand that Dave will ship it to you. I saw the install on my 360 last week at his shop, and it did not seem too difficult. Dave is very helpful with any questions.

James