Rooms 4 F-Challege @ RA 07' | FerrariChat

Rooms 4 F-Challege @ RA 07'

Discussion in 'North Midwest - USA (ND, SD, MN, IA, WI, IL)' started by Meister, Nov 28, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    Been in touch with both VV & Osthoff......

Lots of rooms left for the F-challenge weekend 8/3-8/5 @ RA in 2007. VV was average $155/night for the weekend (main building, standard room), Osthoff was $205/night for basic rooms (hotel style lake side rooms)..... high rollers are on your own =). Make your plans now.

Look for the Meister & wife in Red/tan 80 GTSi w/gotti wheels (hopefully changed to HRE by then.............or the Esprit (if I can get the damn thing running!)

2. paddle_shift

paddle_shift Rookie

Mar 30, 2004
    I just received an updated itinerary and they have removed Road America from next years schedule. Bummer. FYI

March 7-8, 2007 Homestead, FL
    Challenge Driver Orientation

March 9-11, 2007 Homestead, FL
    Includes F1 Clienti and FXX Program

April 13-15, 2007 Infineon Raceway, CA
    Includes Historics, F1 Clienti and FXX Program

May 18- 20, 2007 Location pending

June 8-10, 2007 Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, Montreal

June 15-17, 2007 Mont-Tremblant, Quebec
    Includes Historics

August 10-12, 2007 California Speedway, Fontana, CA
    Includes Historics

3. Dr.T348

Dr.T348 Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    Chicago NW Burbs
    Full Name:
    Richard T.
    I heard that the challenge series was coming to the Autobahn Country Club in Joliet, IL instead of RA. ???

4. Heat Seeker WS6

Heat Seeker WS6 Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    John G
    After speaking with RA this afternoon, I was told that they are not hosting the Ferrari Challenge next year. Bummer, thats always a great weekend to attend.

5. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    Serioulsy...RA is out for August 07?

There was similar confusion last year when RA was not on one "certain" list for the F-Challenge.... it was headlined as a vintage challenge and thus on a different list??

I guess RA would know though. Bummer.

6. Heat Seeker WS6

Heat Seeker WS6 Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    John G
    I know- I spoke with Jessica. I root on one of my friends every year up there.
    john

7. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    Just checked the site...it's (8/3-8/5) is no where to be found....sad

RA has one of the greatest road corses in the country and every year we struggle to get big time events. Is it the location, accomidations, airports, nightlife...what gives??

8. Old Guy

Old Guy Formula Junior
    Honorary

Dec 1, 2003
    No longer here
    The 430 Challenge and Shell Historic Challenge are definitely NOT scheduled for Road America in 2007. There are always several reasons for these decisions, but it will always come down to what Ferrari NA is willing to pay for a specific weekend versus what Road America (or Lime Rock, or any track) requires for that particular weekend. For 2007 no agreement was possible.

There are no plans to take any Challenge races to the Autobahn Country Club or similar. GrandAm, the sanctioning body for the Challenge series, requires a certain level of approval for a track; I don't know of any county club-type track in the U.S. which has suitable approvals for any professional-level racing series. (The Challenge isn't a professional series, but the structure -- officials, safety, etc. is). Track approval for this sort of thing includes track width, barriers, fencing, and safety planning among other things, and this is where most county club tracks fall short. They aren't designed for this type of event.

Many drivers in both Challenge series would love to go to Road America (again); I suspect the series will return, but just not in 2007.

O.G.