FoNE's first 599 delivered today | FerrariChat

FoNE's first 599 delivered today

Discussion in 'New England' started by BigHead, Nov 24, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BigHead

BigHead Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Outside of Boston
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    A friend of mine picked up his new 599 GTB today. Red/black, fully optioned, and, I must say, *MUCH* more attractive in person than in pictures. While I'm still unpersuaded on the 612, and remain a fan of the 550/575, the 599 is pretty attractive.

vty,

--Dennis

2. lawandorder360

lawandorder360 Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2004
    NE Ohio
  3. gman ferrari

gman ferrari Karting

Jul 5, 2006
    is there one at the dealership now or is it gone??

4. BigHead

BigHead Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Outside of Boston
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Not still at the dealership - it was delivered yesterday, see? :) He put his plate on it, and left to get a sticker!

vty,

--Dennis

5. Bertocchi

Bertocchi Formula 3
    Consultant

Jan 28, 2004
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    David Castelhano
    In which New England state will it reside?

6. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    Boch Ferrari Maserati has no inspection equipment as FoNe also did not.. hmmmm

7. Durpen

Durpen Karting

Sep 6, 2005
    South of Boston, USA
    Full Name:
    Kirk N
    State law is that a dealer can not do a Mass State inspection on a car that they have just sold.
    I saw that car. I couldn't convince Steve O to give me a test ride (I didn't expect him to!) but I was able to see it head out, and back from its road test. It sounded great - no surprise there. I was able to take some pics while it was being prepped. Tell me how to post them on here and I will - I can't figure it out! I have iPhoto for an iMac.

Kirk

8. silk32

silk32 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2005
    ASS MASS N.Attleboro
    Full Name:
    matt
    now that is HOT!!

9. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    This would be my car.
    I absolutly love the design.
    Best of the modern Ferrari's.
    I would love to see it in person.
    - Ron

10. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Kirk, yes, :) it looks like your wife did figure it out...

Can you (or your wife) send me a hi-res version of the first picture you posted...? [email protected] It would be much appreciated...

11. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    Did you play with Chico while waiting:)

12. bjm

bjm Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Fairfield County, CT
    Full Name:
    Brian
    I just cant warm to this car..too japanesse I see Toyota/Nissan all over this design. Just not exotic at all...sorry have to be honest...I am sure it drives great and has all the latest electronic gimmicks etc etc....its just too plain.

13. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Have you seen it in person? Saw it last week in NYC showroom in both red, and another in silver. It is much worse in person than in pictures IMO, but the pics are close enough to get an idea.

With the US market 'in the pocket' why bother designing for us, but am shocked the Italians would release such a dreadful design. Ferrari probably needs to design for the emerging Asian market, so the front looks like a fish and i am aghast to even guess what they thought that gawdaweful rear 1/3 was designed after.

When you see the car in person, just try to figures out the rear third. A sad day indeed, at least the previous 12-cyl had the "Have A Nice Day" smile to it.

14. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    #15 Doody, Dec 6, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    i too have not warmed to the 599 at all.

doody.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. Hunters360

Hunters360 Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    James Wardwell
    This cant be true why would state care if they do the inspection. Especially on a new vehicle that is warrantied against any safety or emission issues.

16. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    #17 enjoythemusic, Dec 6, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    If you have not seen it in person, have a feeling when you do...

i LOVED your black car dude. LUSTED after it even!!!

You car had style, visual balance, sleek styling... and i bet she was a great ride too.

Have A Nice Day :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

17. Durpen

Durpen Karting

Sep 6, 2005
    South of Boston, USA
    Full Name:
    Kirk N
    James,
    Call the Mass State DMV, or ask any car dealer. Has anyone here bought a new car from a Mass dealer, registered it in Mass and had the selling dealer do an inspection? Of the dozen or so new cars that I have bought, I have always had to go elsewhere for an inspection.

And, since I'm posting anyway... the 599 has the typical "fat butt" styling of all cars these days, at least there is some taper and tumble home in the quarters. Maybe todays auto stylists like obesely fat bottomed girls or something.
    The forward portion of the roof is hopelessly generic - Caymen, 997, 350Z, Supra etc have all gone for that weird look.
    The flying buttress C pillers are too "bolted on" looking - they look cheap. Of course black would hide that fairly well.
    The nose looks like a next generation G35 coupe would have, so more Japanese influence there too - not bad though.
    The front fender air extractors have sharp creases that are out of place on the car - a stand alone design element that just doesn't fit in. Of course black would hide that fairly well (is there an echo in here?).
    And then there is that fat butt - in the tradition of a 300 pound woman - oops, I already mentioned that didn't I? I guess its just overwhelming. Of course, black would hide that a bit (theres that echo again!).

But (no pun intended) I actually like the cars styling better than almost any other new car - particularly in black.

Kirk

18. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    I think its great and I'm getting one. So "yah boo sucks" as we used to say in Kindergarten :)

I saw the car in NYC and think it looks great in person. Gordon Murray wrote a design analysis of the car in Automobile magazine that praised the design strongly.

Not that I care about that particularly, but I do love the way it looks. To me the 550 front in particular looks very dated now, much more so than even a 348 or 355.

19. bjm

bjm Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Fairfield County, CT
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Exactly, you know you are in trouble when the Gordon Murrays of the world have to "explain" the design to us plebs who off course dont know an exotic sexy car when we see one! LOL!

20. Davesvt2000

Davesvt2000 Formula 3

May 3, 2005
    Central Mass.
    Full Name:
    Dave G.
    Just bought 4 new FORDS from the same dealer in the past two years, here in Mass., registered in Mass, and had the selling dealer do an inspection and get the sticker. I have no idea why you would have to go somewhere else..

21. Hunters360

Hunters360 Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    James Wardwell
    Just bought a new Escalade from Caddillac Norwood and they did the sticker.
    Bought My wife a Mercedes R class last June they did the sticker right there at Clair Mercedes Westwood Ma.

22. Giovanni_P

Giovanni_P Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    MetroWest, MA
    Full Name:
    John Pelliccio
    Dan-

Thought you had your eye on a 612? What changed your mind?

(Happily, 599 comes with Bose, too :)

Gio P

23. karc

karc Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2003

agreed. when i bought my new truck this year the dealer did the sticker.

24. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    Was always more serious about the 599 than the 612. The 612 really is financially insane. Mind you keeping the 599 for 3 or 4 years is likely to be similar...