O/T: How Nate Newton learned to play a PS3. | FerrariChat

O/T: How Nate Newton learned to play a PS3.

Discussion in 'Texas' started by jimpo1, Dec 6, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I took my kids shopping last night, looking for ideas for Christmas. We did the usual 'guy' stores, Best Buy, Circuit City, and Frys. While we were at CC, I was looking at the digital cameras, and my 8 year old was playing the display PS3. I noticed a very large man standing by him, watching his hands and the game. After a few minutes, I decided the man wanted to try the game, so I told my son it was time to quit. The man said "Sir, please let him play a little more, I'm watching his hands learning how to play this thing". We chatted a little more about it being user friendly and easy to learn. Something about him was very familiar, but I couldn't quite place him. He then told me that he was semi-retired and didn't need to spend any more time on the couch because he was getting fat. It clicked. The guy was Nate Newton. My son is now very proud of himself because HE was the person that Nate how to play a PS3.

2. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Didn't know who he was, so I googled him. A former football player. Sounds like he's a nice guy.

3. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
  4. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I don't even need to look at that link Will, I know what it shows. :)

5. Supercarlover

Supercarlover Formula 3

Sep 30, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Joshua B.
    Please notice that the question was not ACTUALLY answered. ;) :D

6. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    Nate's a good guy. He used to bring his kids to SpeedZone when I worked there back in the day. He's one of those guys that is nearly always smiling and laughing.

Michael Irvin, however, I am not a fan of, based on some personal experience that I'll share with anyone who wants to hear it offline.

7. F328 BobD

F328 BobD Formula 3

Mar 17, 2001
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    BobD
    Nate's son, Tre is an incredible running back with the Southlake Carroll HS football team... we see Nate on the sidelines at all the games.

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=1&pr_key=48937

BTW, if any of you want some good, cheap entertainment, there are only 3 games left until the Texas state championship game. Southlake Carroll has a 45 game winning streak and is 76-1 since joining 5A. They had a game at Texas Stadium a couple of Saturdays ago and had a crowd of 46,000+ to watch a HS football playoff game! They beat Odessa Permian last week and play Colleyville Heritage this Saturday - 1:00 at Texas Stadium.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/preps/football/2006-11-24-carroll-trinity_x.htm

Rated 3 in the country but should be number 1 (scroll down):
    http://www.usatoday.com/sports/preps/football/poll/2006-super25.htm

8. F328 BobD

F328 BobD Formula 3

Mar 17, 2001
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    BobD
    BTW Jim... you couldn't get Nate Newton in your 328 even if the entire interior was torn out!

9. Bimmerista

Bimmerista Formula 3

Feb 7, 2004
    Carrollton, TX
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Haha...My friend & I have both met Irvin & his family. Lets just say he put up an un-necessary argument over a $29.00 warranty on a product that I sell at my store.

10. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    Yup... that's par for the course.