looking for yellow F1 360 | FerrariChat

looking for yellow F1 360

Discussion in '360/430' started by ptrick, Dec 7, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ptrick

ptrick Karting

Nov 25, 2006
    North Tustin
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    I want one with shields.

2. lawwdog

lawwdog Formula 3

Dec 4, 2002
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Try Santa Claus - he grants wishes better than F-chat.

3. ptrick

ptrick Karting

Nov 25, 2006
    North Tustin
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    is that supposed to be a joke?

4. TG

TG F1 Veteran

Oct 26, 2004
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Taylor
    Perfect timing too..

5. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    spyder or modena?

6. ptrick

ptrick Karting

Nov 25, 2006
    North Tustin
    Full Name:
    Patrick
  7. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    have you tried cars.com. I know that sounds stupid, but you can find some nice cars on there.

8. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Newport European has one of the nicest Yellow 360 F1's out there. Perfect with Black Power Daytona's and stiching. Including Shields, etc.

9. lawwdog

lawwdog Formula 3

Dec 4, 2002
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Yes -

For your 5th post your request is funny. You are a 33 year old financial guy and you go to F-chat asking for a yellow F-1 360 with Shields. I will ask you the dumb question, you didn't try the obvious other places like magazine or internet?

So funny question got a funny response. That simple..

Mario

10. ptrick

ptrick Karting

Nov 25, 2006
    North Tustin
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    What a jerk. Private party cars always tend to be the best taken care of and the best deals. What does my age, profession, and number of posts have to do with me looking for somebody selling a car.

Judging from your post, you must be old, grumpy, and jealous that a young successful, stockbroker can buy a Fcar. Keep your grandpa comments to yourself.

11. Tom(Atl)

Tom(Atl) Formula Junior

Oct 29, 2006
    USA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    #11 Tom(Atl), Dec 8, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Patrick,

Not too long ago, I completed my search for a car with similar criteria- shields, challenge grill, red calipers, new clutch, perfect full history with all maintenance performed, and HAD to be private party. I was initially searching for red/tan with yellow calipers, but decided to include yellow and silver cars later on when I realized it was nearly impossible to find that EXACT match.

It took me 14 FULL MONTHS (!) of solid effort searching and calling people from the time I decided I am getting it till the time I actually found the perfect one and went through with it. And that is on top of the 6 months I spent looking for a 355 before I decided against it. I thought it would be an easy search when I started, or at least not as hard as it was. Some days I was spending 3-4 hours per day, just searching online and calling people. I emailed hundreds of people. I even set my home page to be a Ferrari search page that I custom built for the task. At one point I went out and bought the new Z06 because I got so frustrated after someone pulled out on a deal I thought I finally had. I was unhappy with the Z06, I found myself thinking "this is not my Ferrari and not my goal" every time I drove it. I was dissapointed with it, so I restarted the 360 search again with even more determination.

Finally, out of the blue, I found the one that not only met all of my criteria, it had even more extras that I didn't expect! I found out that I had done so much research by that point that I knew exactly which questions to ask and what to look for or avoid. I pulled the trigger quickly.

Here she is (and no, she's not for sale at any price). Hope you enjoy my pictures.

Don't give up on your search, and do more research. It will be worth it when you find the perfect car rather than settling for something that's ALMOST what you wanted. Here's a tip to help you get started, PM Steve Jones or Steve Barney, N24RE (or email [email protected]), and tell him what you are looking for.

Tom

ps. It helps to be nice here. Don't gloat or insult anyone. We are all relatively successful and intelligent here. I am younger than you, and yet I have found that everyone has been more than kind to me and very respectful. This is a community you can benefit from immensely. For the record, lawwdog's post was funny. :) You might even want to PM him and work it out, rather than ruining your own thread. Take it easy. :cool:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. lawwdog

lawwdog Formula 3

Dec 4, 2002
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Now this is really FUNNY - !!!!

I am really old - 34 - :)

I am really Jealous - 5 time Ferrari owner, owned the car you want and have 1 now :)

Successful - I dont know, I measure success in ways that exclude cars. ;)

Not a Grandpa yet - still attempting to make kids thanks :)

Listen to people like TOM - You need more help than you asked for.

Mario

P.S. You can take your foot out of your mouth now....Junior.

13. ptrick

ptrick Karting

Nov 25, 2006
    North Tustin
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    As I said, from your post you seem like an old, grumpy, and jealous person.
    34 ok. Probably lacking in most areas. Jerk for sure.
    successful other than cars most likely not.

LOL!

14. Maranello Racing Cars

Maranello Racing Cars Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2006
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Wil
    #14 Maranello Racing Cars, Dec 8, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hey Patrick,

I have a customer interested in selling his 2000 F1 Yellow 360. This is the picture. He is waiting for the rear challenge grille to arrive and be installed. PM me if you want more pics.

15. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    How about a yellow F430 next spring??

16. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    I don't know you but, I love your quote....You are a very wise person!

17. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    Do you have any hi -res versions of the Horse, car and sunset!

18. lawwdog

lawwdog Formula 3

Dec 4, 2002
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Mario

Patrick -

you need more help than just finding a yellow 360. Your introduction to a web site for Ferrari filled with many people and tons of useful information from owners (myself included) is pitiful. This is not high school and whatever level of achievement or success you have is surely not eveident in the comments you continue to make.

Put your tail between your legs, stop with the comments (ie: "as I said, from your post you seem like an old, grump, and jealous person") and start from
    the beginging.

EARN your respect around here. You have a ways to go and you certainly have started off on the wrong foot.

Mario

19. lawwdog

lawwdog Formula 3

Dec 4, 2002
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Dave -

life experience is the best teacher...I have learned.

Mario

20. hamdog

hamdog Formula Junior

Mar 21, 2005
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Hamdog
    If you are seriously thinking of buying a Ferrari, don't make any enemies here. The amount of free information I've received from this group and the realtionships made are invaluable.

21. ptrick

ptrick Karting

Nov 25, 2006
    North Tustin
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Making enemies? I was just responding to an idiot who was making stupid comments about my age, profession and number of posts. If that is making enemies than so be it. There have been many polite people on this site who have been generous to help me locate a car already. I will not make enemies with these people, but at the same time I have no interest in making friends with people who are wise asses.

22. lawwdog

lawwdog Formula 3

Dec 4, 2002
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Mario
    How about adding to this community rather than taking from it? What do you have to offer? Many people come to this place with an intoruduction and sense of what they have to offer. You came here like a cowboy and have done nothing but stirred the pot with personal comments waiting for me to respond in kind.

You have done nothing here other than ask for opinion regarding buying your FIRST Ferrari. What are looking for other than free info? More reaction from me?

Keep the comments coming about "responding to an idiot" and "wise asses". In doing so your stock continues to rise. I appreciate you showing your personality....lets see your brilliance start to shine brighter than what you already have given to us!

Anxiously awaiting your reply.

Mario

23. ptrick

ptrick Karting

Nov 25, 2006
    North Tustin
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Oh, now I am a cowboy for asking people in a ferrari community if anyone knows of a ferrari for sale. You are the person who is too quick to judge. As I said you are a complete idiot. If you stop fornicating with your dog maybe you would have some class.

24. Hunters360

Hunters360 Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    James Wardwell
    You being upset is warranted.(I dont think you starting a thread about what car you are looking to buy is out of the question) Buying directly from an owner is normally the best way to go as long as there record keeping is good. Buying from a dealer you will be paying 10-20% more. My recomendation would be to keep all avenues open but definately keep posting your interest of a 360 F1 Modena. Good news is most Ferraris change hands in the winter months. There should be alot on the market over the next 2-4 months. Other thing to be aware of is dont take alot of the people on Ferrarichat seriously less than 50% of the people actually have ever owned a Fcar. Good luck and if i hear of anything i will send you a quick note.

25. lawwdog

lawwdog Formula 3

Dec 4, 2002
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Patrick-

Looks like it is very hard for you to answer the questions when you are too busy spending brain power on nothing - Reading comprehension is not one of your strong points so I will again ask you the same thing with hopes you see the light (although dim...potentially)

How about adding to this community rather than taking from it?
    What do you have to offer?

You have done nothing here other than ask for opinion regarding buying your FIRST Ferrari. What are looking for other than free info?

Not even a member for 1 month and your introduction is continuing to go south.

Waiting again for brilliance to shine through !!!!

Mario