The Official CDN Importing A Car Thread! www.riv.ca | Page 14 | FerrariChat

The Official CDN Importing A Car Thread! www.riv.ca

Discussion in 'Canada' started by tritone, Jan 11, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dakar

dakar Rookie

May 25, 2006
    Thanks for the welcome B-mak, I used the search, however I thought maybe someone had a tip that was not mentioned, hence Jsimpson did. Season greetings...

2. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    If any of you guys know of CGT's available, please let me know. I'm looking for the right deal.

3. CrazyEnzo

CrazyEnzo Formula Junior

Jul 31, 2006
    CANADA
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I spotted a CGT inside a truck at the boarder last week when i was going to the seatle outlet, but i not sure if that one is being imported or exported.

4. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Are you SURE there is none at London Motor Cars? Please advise! :D

5. CrazyEnzo

CrazyEnzo Formula Junior

Jul 31, 2006
    CANADA
    Full Name:
    Mark
    please advise???? read the other thread! i told all you @ S S HOLES that the only reason i keep on repeating that i see their cars cause i pass by there when i walk to school thus the reason for spotting and telling you wat i spot.

6. tjacoby

tjacoby F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Full Name:
    tj
    Who Mr C.Enzo - slow down, take a couple of deep breaths! Take a joke, :D = joke. Life's too short to miss a good laugh at ourselves. V's just so pleased to connect the dots, any dots, and had to let the world know :D (hint: joke too).

It's great to hear the updates with the London Motorcars inventory - they've got some of the best cars in the city.

7. CrazyEnzo

CrazyEnzo Formula Junior

Jul 31, 2006
    CANADA
    Full Name:
    Mark
    i understand jokes, lol i tell lots of jokes myself, but when it comes to things like this after constantly telling people what i have to say . . . i don't think it is a joke i prefer.

anyways who cares now

8. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    You are right. I am an *********....oh and God know's I love being one ;)

But on a serious not. Let's get down to business. We need a CGT for Claxster, can you PLEASE drop by London Motorcars on the way to.....school (hold it in V,) and get back to me with an answer!

V..

9. tjacoby

tjacoby F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Full Name:
    tj
    BAD V, Bad V - that's got to be at least a day in purgatory :D

I hate those "serious not" things, so not serious.

Clax having a C-GT for Christmas would be a wonderful thing. They just sound so amazing. Not sure why a Viper doesn't quite and a C-GT does.

10. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    Now you're talking!!! Thanks for your help.

11. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    For sure. Having one after Christmas wouldn't be so bad either. ;-)

12. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Going into a Porche for you would be 2 steps down.

Why are you looking at this car ? You bored already ?

13. ffeverd

ffeverd F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Vancouver, Canada
    I've heard they're in shop all the time.

14. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    WHAAtever, you guys have no idea what you are talking about. Porsche rules! :D

Where are my Porsche boys to back me up on this one? James, Ian, Stephan, Keith!?!?

V..

15. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    I don't really think it's a step down at all, the CGT is an awesome supercar. Le Mans technology (based on the GT1 race car), incredible driving dynamics, one of the fastest revving engines ever built, carbon fiber monocoque chassis, etc.

I was not interested in the car at the MSRP, but now the prices are dropping way down, so I want to pick one up at the right price.

16. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    Carrera GT's? I haven't heard that. If you have more details, please share. Thanks.

17. ffeverd

ffeverd F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Vancouver, Canada
    As I said I've just heard. Clutch and transmission maybe?

And driving with cold tyres is scary, too.

18. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Clax, you can say the same thing about an SLR, they are dropping like a stone as well.

Beased on what you already have driven and own, i think you might be alittle disappointed with the CGT. Its just another mid engine super car thats fading away. In a few years it will be afootnote as the "oh yeah i remember that car"
    Like the Jag xj220 whatever its called.

If you do get one, enjoy it in good health, dont get me wrong I think Pcars are excellent. Just that one, i think will serve little purpose in the Porche family.

19. carbon_00

carbon_00 Formula Junior

May 5, 2006
    Toronto/London, UK
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #344 carbon_00, Dec 22, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I love Porsches, have owned a bunch and have one of the trucks. I think the CGT is a stunning car. A business accquaintence has one that I park next to at the office, he has had zero problems. I still like the looks of my F430 better.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Thanks for the backup Scott :D.

Funny how your F430 looks so much bigger! I just hope no one uses that door next to the CGT! That would suck lol

21. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Yeah, I just dont see it with that CGT.

22. carbon_00

carbon_00 Formula Junior

May 5, 2006
    Toronto/London, UK
    Full Name:
    Scott
    You should hear us driving up Avenue Road together, side by side, when theres no traffic....like angels singing and then screaming in fear..

23. NOCAR

NOCAR Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Effective use of the far left pedal will eliminate any clutch and or transmission issues.

24. 348FTW

348FTW Rookie

Jul 29, 2006
    If you look in the Alberta thread I snapped a few pics of the CGT that Kulu brought in from the States. he mention that he was working on 2 more CGT. you may want to contact him if you are interest in buying one.

25. Biobanker

Biobanker Karting

Apr 4, 2006
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Scott, yours and Wek's car look great side by side.

I love the CGT. IMO, to get a similar car in the Fcar line up, you've got to start looking at Enzos. I think that CGT prices around US$250k are the biggest buy in the exotic world right now.

The CGT is just in a different class than pretty much any "road going" car around these days.

Then you have the GT3s tearing it up too.