Now I know why you guys are so crazy about 355's | FerrariChat

Now I know why you guys are so crazy about 355's

Discussion in '348/355' started by ucorders, Dec 25, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ucorders

ucorders Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2005
    Portland Oregon
    I drove a 355 spider for the first time a few days ago and all I have to say is that car is incredibly fun. It was much faster than I thought it would be. A perfect blend of go cart and modern car all with beautiful looks. It was as much or more fun as my former 360 spider and seemed like it had most of the power. I can't get rid of my Murcielago so now I have to justify two cars. If I don't care about the F1 option do you guys see any reason to get anything newer than a 97?

2. gothspeed

gothspeed F1 World Champ

May 26, 2006
    U.S.A.
    Full Name:
    goth
    Yes a 1997 F355 spider is what I got!! I am extremely happy with it :D !! Just have a PPI done with compression/leakdown 30k service is a plus. The stock cats will go bad, oportunity to add Hyperflows (mines got em') and gain a little bottom end HP in the process. :D :D

3. J. Salmon

J. Salmon F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 27, 2005
    VA
    I would say a good condition early car that has had all the bugs worked out is the real bargain if you want a car to drive and enjoy. I love the way a '95 that has had valve guides done will be cheap because of valve guide issues.

Almost at the 1 year mark, loving every mile.

4. RossoCorsaItaly

RossoCorsaItaly F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    The later 98 cars and the 99 model year won't have the valve guide problem which can cost over $10,000 to repair!

5. bayareaferrari

bayareaferrari Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2004
    California
    A 95 355 is a bit quicker with the OBDI, lighter as well..

6. jcramair1

jcramair1 Rookie

Dec 12, 2003
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    JJ
    I have a 95' 355 Berlietta and after owning it for the first week added the Capristo exhaust and love it!! I've been away on x-mas vacation and can not wait to get back to FL to take her for a drive. I will be adding the Hyperflow cats within the next month. The car is just very fun to drive and nothing beats the sound. Good luck and you can't go wrong just do your homework on what car you pick and you'll be very happy! Were you not happy with the 360? Just curious?..

7. ucorders

ucorders Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2005
    Portland Oregon
    I liked the 360 it was just more of a price/product ratio problem for me. It was a real low mileage 360 spider so it was about 170k. It's just when I drove it in never felt like $170k. My Gallardo felt like 170k, and my Murcie feels like 200k but I just never felt satisfied in the 360. 355's seem like a great car and the cost/performance ratio is a added bonus.

8. Ricard

Ricard Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2004
    Donington Park
    Full Name:
    Richard C
    Totally agree, I was amazed at how "normal" a 360 felt when I had a go for the first time, almost (nearly) made me think "save $80,000 and buy an M3" - but I got a 355 instead :) - but if we agree there, you have made me want to try a Gallardo even more ;)