SLOW DOWN | Page 2 | FerrariChat

SLOW DOWN

Discussion in '360/430' started by JOEA2, Feb 2, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    if I recall correctly, the exhaust system on Ferraris are covered by a 7 year Federal mandated warranty. I had both cat ECU's replaced on my 355 free of charge out of warranty. Check it out and see if you can get them to cover it like that. I also had a burned out manifold injector replaced on my 355 at no charge that way as well.

Ray

2. JOEA2

JOEA2 Formula 3

Feb 2, 2006
    Staten Island, N.Y./ Sea Girt,N.J.
    Full Name:
    Joe A
    They did cover it. I only asked out of curiousity.

3. LAMBOJOE

LAMBOJOE F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2006
    Brooklyn NY
    Full Name:
    Joey
    hey joe are you on 39th street in brooklyn ?

4. JOEA2

JOEA2 Formula 3

Feb 2, 2006
    Full Name:
    Joe A
  5. LAMBOJOE

LAMBOJOE F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2006
    Brooklyn NY
    Full Name:
    Joey

my place is on 36th & 2nd avenue 2 blocks from you i see your car there all the time.
    nice whip...

6. JOEA2

JOEA2 Formula 3

Feb 2, 2006
    Full Name:
    Joe A
    Thank you, neighbor!

7. LAMBOJOE

LAMBOJOE F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2006
    Brooklyn NY
    Full Name:
    Joey
    if you hear a loud roar one day, then come outside and say hello.

later

Ferrarijoe

8. tubeguy

tubeguy Formula 3

May 21, 2003
    Upland California
    Full Name:
    Kevin Deal
    Slow down shows up in yellow or in red now.....meaning two different things. Check the manual

9. JOEA2

JOEA2 Formula 3

Feb 2, 2006
    Full Name:
    Joe A
    I started my car after it sat in the cold all day and within seconds the SLOW DOWN light came on. This time it stayed on longer and wouldn't let it go into gear.
    This is getting boring! Called the dealer to have them try again!!!

10. LAMBOJOE

LAMBOJOE F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2006
    Brooklyn NY
    Full Name:
    Joey
    the F1 trani is not shifting
    it happened to me
    i thru it into reverse and then into 1st.

11. JOEA2

JOEA2 Formula 3

Feb 2, 2006
    Full Name:
    Joe A
    I couldn't get it out of neutral.

12. Diablo456

Diablo456 Karting

Jul 27, 2006
    Your are mistaken. The emission warranty covers *only* those components as listed in the owners manual, which is usually, 1) the catalytic convertors; 2) the cat temperature sensors, and the 3) the cat ECUs. All other parts are excluded.

How do I know this?

My 2000 456M with 24K miles developed excessive oil smoke traced to worn bronze valve guides. You would think a car emitting smoke equivalent to a crop duster would be an "emissions issue". I inquired with FNA and my authorized Ferrari dealer (FoDenver), and was given the answer stated in the first paragraph above. Pretty handy, as my 456M is still in emission warranty coverage but out of standard warranty coverage.

This isn't my determination, it was Ferrari's. You and I may disagree with this, but I don't have the $$$ to pony up for a lawyer to challenge Ferrari on these points, I could barely scrape together the $11k repair cost for my valve guides.

13. Jack(LA)

Jack(LA) Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Los Angeles

This is/will be a routine fix on 430's -- it appears that there are a batch of defective exhaust manifolds which develop holes. At first, it will hardly be noticeable -- once the air leak becomes significant, expect warning lights. Ferrari has a silent campaign out on this issue. Dealers are supposed to check the exhaust manifolds for leaks/holes when cars are in for routine service and replace them under warranty. FWIW, I've been told that the problem typically surfaces in the 5k-10K mile range.