Drive to Daytona from Ft Lauderdale Feb 24 | FerrariChat

Drive to Daytona from Ft Lauderdale Feb 24

Discussion in 'Florida' started by robiferretti, Feb 16, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    Hey everyone, having just expanded our rental business to South FL, I am going to organize a drive to Daytona Beach next sat Feb 24th from Ft Lauderdale to enjoy the sun a little bit.

Anyone ever take out a murci or other low sports car onto the sand? If not it will be worth the trip just to watch me try (and potentially help dig me out).

for more information or to announce your coming just post up here or email me [email protected]

You don't have to drive fast, but I do take a spirited pace when I lead a drive.

-Rob

2. zitro

zitro Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2004
    Bergen County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Ortiz
    sounds like fun, i'll be there.

3. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Daytona. Beach. Sand. Salt. Rust. Ugh. :}

4. Max4HD

Max4HD Formula 3

Jun 20, 2006
    Florida
    The sand on the beach in Daytona is really pretty compacted, so I wouldn't worry too much about getting stuck.

Just make sure to rinse that salt off soon after!

If it were me coming up from Ft.L, I'd get off the turnpike/95 at Ft.Pierce and take A1A north to Daytona.

It's longer, but more scenic. And if your new to FL, it'll give you a chance to see a little more of this great state where you can drive w/your top down all year round!

Just my .02.

Enjoy the ride!

5. BH1

BH1 Formula Junior

Nov 14, 2005
    NSB, Fl & Aspen, Co
    Full Name:
    Brett
    You should be more concerned about actually being able to drive on the beach at all. The county has been pretty effective in preventing us from getting regular access due to failure to repair hurricane damaged ramps, turtle patrol people claiming turtle nests and waterfront homeowners complaining about cars on the beach.

6. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    we'll sounds like it will be an adventure, but will be fun regardless. Most of the fun occurs oon the way to Daytona.

7. lussuria

lussuria Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2007
    Clermont, FL
    Full Name:
    Heather Gambini
    pick me up on the way.... im in orlando... ur passing through!!

8. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    Vinny from Festival of Speed lives in orlando, PM me and i'll get you a ride over.

9. lussuria

lussuria Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2007
    Clermont, FL
    Full Name:
    Heather Gambini
    i can take my car, PMed you!

10. RSAEVENTS

RSAEVENTS Rookie

May 16, 2006
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    Vinny Russo
    Shouldn't be a problem...

11. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    Drive will now end in Cape Canaveral instead of Daytona. They have the atlantis space shuttle up for launch, so that will make a good background for some pictures.

12. lussuria

lussuria Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2007
    Clermont, FL
    Full Name:
    Heather Gambini
    sounds good..im still in!

13. lussuria

lussuria Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2007
    Clermont, FL
    Full Name:
    Heather Gambini
    Run was amazing!!! what a day!! details to follow when i wake up tomorrow.. THX ROB!

14. lussuria

lussuria Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2007
    Clermont, FL
    Full Name:
    Heather Gambini
    well it started out by me and hubby (chris) driving from orlando to ft. lauderdale to meet up with a couple guys, incl. robferreti, to do the run to the space coast. So we finally arrive at our destination, which turned out to be the new Gotham Dream Cars location, around noon. A few mintues later, keys were chosen and we were off....

A Ford GT, a Porsche, a Bently, and me in the Ferrari 360 spyder, headed down I-95 for the northern coast. what a site to be seen! Reaching speeds that we wont disclose,and impressing the guys with my driving skillz, we arrived at Kennedy Space Center a couple hours later. We managed to pull off some pretty crazy hijinks in the Ford GT...scary moment, but well executed btw rob! ;)

When we were finished causing havock there, we decided to grab some grub. So we ended up in cocoa for lunch/dinner. The comments from bystandards such as, "u wanna trade?"as we pull up were definately a riot... u always wonder what these people are expecting us to say... soooo from there, it was back to GDC to put away the speed machines.

Once they were in their final resting spot for the nite, we get into our daily drivers and head to the Xtreme go-karting track. I was excited bc i have never been. Well, I didnt win..lol but im up for more practice for those of you S FL guys that always go, keep me informed!! That ended our day and we arrived home around 2 am.

SO, needless to say, we had an amazing time~! So, thanks again ROb!! See you next time you're in town! and, now its YOUR turn to post up video and pics!!
    I cant wait to see them!