Eric's collection | Page 15 | FerrariChat

Eric's collection

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Speedracer38, Jan 24, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Kieran

Kieran F1 Rookie

Jul 23, 2006
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Kieran
    Yeah, I just thought the matte black might be a bit plain.

2. caballorojo

caballorojo Karting

Mar 8, 2005
    #352 caballorojo, Feb 22, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

I think this is one of them.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. LittleBro

LittleBro Formula 3

Jul 7, 2004
    Herts, UK
    Full Name:
    Woody
    I think they're called TWR's after Tom Walkinshaw Racing who, at the time the XJ220 was produced, were preparing Jaguars track cars (Le Mans etc). It looks lovely in grey, they're usually in British Racing Green (naturally) or yellow or something equally brave.

4. yellowenzo123

yellowenzo123 Formula 3

Oct 18, 2006
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    JOHN
  5. CMY

CMY F1 World Champ

Oct 15, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #355 CMY, Feb 22, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. jcgresham

jcgresham Rookie

Feb 1, 2007
    To all that have traded their ideas on ambition and happiness; Thank You!

I lurk on these forums to feed my interest in world class cars, and I appreciate your candid discussion about the "personal psychological journey".

Kudos to LV E and the rest!

7. Erick

Erick Formula Junior

Jan 21, 2006
    Altadena
    Full Name:
    Erick

Holy ****!!! Good luck with the matte blk Enzo, can't wait to see pics, surprised nobody has done that yet.

8. Erick

Erick Formula Junior

Jan 21, 2006
    Altadena
    Full Name:
    Erick
  9. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    The XJ220 is such a wonderful car. The first time I saw one was at the Beaulieu Motor Museum in England around the time it was first introduced. It was a great experience. Unfortunately, the interior is now quite dated, and maintenance is likely difficult at best. But, for around $200K these days, that's a lot of car.

10. Chav

Chav Rookie

Feb 19, 2007
    I've been reading this topic from start to finish and would just like to say thanks to Eric for taking time out of his life to share his cars on here, nice one!!!

it's funny how the internet reaches around the world these days. I'm just a normal bloke sitting at his computer, living in Scotland, looking at some great cars that an abviously busy person has taken time out of his life to share with other people.

He didn't have to do it, he doesn't have to sit chatting on here with complete strangers, but he does... so Eric, cheers for being a decent chap and for taking time to share things with people like me who aren't as well off as you and can only dream of driving such great cars

11. Dave1442397

Dave1442397 Karting

Feb 11, 2007
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    I totally agree. Looking at Eric's collection and hearing some of the story behind it has been an inspiration to me. I may have bought a ticket for the $237mm lottery this Friday, but I'm working on my own business too, and my trio of future cars at the moment would be a Gallardo Spyder, a Mercedes G55, and a Bentley Arnage Red Label.

12. LV Eric

LV Eric Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2006
    LA & LV
    Full Name:
    eric
    chav,

thank you for the kind words, i may have posted this before but i remember looking at a magazine years ago with a collection of cars owned by a regular guy who became a businessman, not a celebraty. i wanted to be that guy, i worked mt ass off-it motivated me deep down in beyond what i can describe, things didnt go as planned and just over 11 years aog i filed bankruptcy, but that didnt put out the fire, last night i flew in a friends G3 from vegas to LA and everytime i FLY IN A PRIVATE JET i GET THAT MUCH MORE MOTIVATED.

Thankyou for your complements and I hope I can get some regular guys like me fired up to become a success, education is way over rated, get out there and make it happen!!

13. TG

TG F1 Veteran

Oct 26, 2004
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Taylor
    YES!!!!!!!

14. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    On that note............I have a friend that is one year older than I, that left school when he was 15yrs old, grade 10 to start a Plumbing Apprenticeship. :) That was back in 1996. He was a tradesman by the time he was 19yrs old. He then started his own Plumbing business and has done really well by working hard. He now owns 4 properties and just built/opened a bottled water company, which he is making a KILLING on apparently. All that and he has a gorgeous wife and 2 beautiful little baby boys. Lifes good! :)

All depends what you want to do in life, but education is overated IMO also. I should have left school also to make it all happen. I stayed till Grade 12, just for the social life. I had no intentions on going to University, I knew that and my parents knew that. Yet they still wanted me to finish Grade 12. I am doing ok now, but I could have had a couple of years head start like my friend Ben did. :) I know if I ever have any kids, I will encourage them to get out there and have a go in life, if they want to. I wont badger them to stay in school, like my parents did with me. :)

15. R2112

R2112 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2006
    TX
    +1

Eric, I can't speak for anyone else but after reading every post in this thread, you have shown someone something very special. You have enlightened someone and given this person the opportunity to view a trait in you that unfortunately is being seen less and less in life. The trait I'm speaking of is humility. It is a truly beautiful thing to see in someone on any level. In case you haven't guessed, the person you have shown this to is me.
    My wife and I are expecting a child in a couple of months...a boy. He will be our first. Technically though, he's our third. Two years ago we lost our twin boys. Complications with the pregnancy caused my wife to go into labor. They were delivered to soon and could not be saved...(that is a pain and a sense of loss that I did not know existed) Their death's changed me forever. Because of them, I see life differently now. I'm going into this pregnancy fully aware of what he is to us...a gift and a blessing. I am both excited and terrified at the same time! There are so many things I want him to see. So many things I want him to experience and discover. There are certain traits I hope and pray that I am strong enough and wise enough to show him. At the top of that list is humility. As well as integrity, self respect and respect for others. Oh, and of course a certain affinity for highline autos and supercars :)
    I know it might sound a little wierd but because of your humbleness and what you have said. You have strengthened my desire to show and teach that trait of humility to my son as best I can.
    Thank you Eric and congradulations on you life. I realize it's not perfect and is probably harder than I could imagine at times. However, you appear to persevere, better your situation and in the process, better yourself. And that is all one can hope to do.
    I wish absolutely the best of luck to you Eric!

btw, your car collection is stunning...I'm excited to see what's in store for your collection in the future!

-Clint

16. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    I thought you said you had kids m8!?!

Oh....sorry, I remember now. You said you may have some little PAP's runnin around you just don't know it :D:D

17. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    I believe this was described in the Bible as something called the Apocalypse..

18. Dave1442397

Dave1442397 Karting

Feb 11, 2007
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    One of my buddies was working at GM 10 years ago, driving a clapped out minivan and living in (literally) a trailer with his wife. Now he has over $30mm to his name, lives in a mansion on 45 acres, and has a collection of toys that boggles the mind.
    The best thing about it is that he's a much nicer guy now than he was in the old days when he was all stressed out worrying about money.

As he says, if you answer the door when opportunity comes knocking you're on the right path. Too many people spend their lives knocking opportunity and end up broke.

19. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Nice post! Love these stories!

20. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    +1 Excellent Posts.

21. lmunz22

lmunz22 Formula 3

Jan 16, 2007
    Eric, where will you be the 2nd week of June? It would be awesome to see the Enzo...

22. ElegantChaos

ElegantChaos Karting

Feb 28, 2007
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert L.
    LV Eric.
    To start, nice collection. its your money, do what you want with it. let the haters hate...someone's got to cook the fries at burger king right. =)

Thanks for sharing some of the details of your life with us. Being someone thats watched my mom go into debt with credits cards and other things i've learned from her mistakes and steered away from things like that for now until i can afford the bills.
    I'm currently trying to make a fortune out of nothing. Your story makes me want to finish the book i started. its makes me want to go down the straight and narrow avoiding drugs and alcohol.
    I mean i could easily make tons of money selling cocain for some people i know but i know thats not a long term option or do other things that aren't very legal at all and get caught one day. but then i'd be going backwards and not forward. I have so many other ideas for making money that are legal ways so why take the chance.
    But it takes money to make money, and i just need that start up money.

Your proof that anyone in america can make it if they put their mind to it and learn from their mistakes.
    Thanks and good luck with everything you do.

23. cntchds

cntchds Formula 3

Oct 22, 2005
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Peter Hatch
    If I may. :)

I think that in my own life it is nearly the opposite. Now I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade, because I know as well as everyone out here that it is possible to go out into the world with even less than the required education and make a good life.

The problem with organised education is that every person is learning the same thing, the same way. To get above that crowd, you have to go above and beyond school work, and take interest in things that are not in the normal curiculum. This makes getting jobs and so forth much more difficult.

So I think that I have somewhat of a more appropriate statement.

I believe that organised education, without incentive to excel past the normal curiculum is a worthless cause.

This being said then all other forms of getting ahead in life apply. Just like how your friend now has a plumbing, and now water bottling company. He couldn't have done that with just standard book knowledge.

This, however, also opens up the areas that do require more thought and energy put into resource than the class itself provides. Making schooling still not a completely worthless way to spend your time. :)

Peter Hatch

24. TG

TG F1 Veteran

Oct 26, 2004
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Taylor
    I don't get it, so do you deal now???

25. cntchds

cntchds Formula 3

Oct 22, 2005
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Peter Hatch
    Just to get the last bit out of my system.

I'm really not sure which is worse. Someone who drops out thinking they are Mr. Hotshot and that they should be top dog right off the bat, or someone who has all of the book smarts but they lack any passion for the job itself, and are automatically made into the same Mr. Hotshot that the other guy wanted to be. Both of which worry me. You always hear people say things like "I want to be a... because it makes a lot of money". If you have no passion, and you become a doctor just for the money, then how well do you think you will do in your practice? On the other side of the spectrum. Think of the few people who are out in the world working on experimental medicines that are actually successful because they have researched by themselves, because they have an incredible passion, but could never stand sitting in a classroom.

Just a kid babbling, so pay little to no attention.. :p

Peter Hatch