Billy Lane - Choppers Inc. DUI Arrest | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Billy Lane - Choppers Inc. DUI Arrest

Discussion in 'Motorcycles & Boats' started by starboy444, Feb 23, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Yes, they can sue him in turn. I would suspect they are counter claimants against him in the suit.

2. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    I knew a guy who owned a bike shop who got a second DUI and killed the passenger in a wreck who was on the back of the bike. He is in jail doing time. I think he got 12 years. Of course he got out earlier and violated his parole by doing drugs and is back in jail.

3. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Its a dilemma as to how one can be so creative and so stupid.

4. Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo Formula Junior

Jul 22, 2003
    DC Metro/MD
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Ha! Yeah, no doubt, but it's all relative I suppose. :)

5. Dave328

Dave328 Formula 3

Nov 24, 2002
    Katy
    Full Name:
    Dave
    WOW! Fur a major league pitcher, you sho do know lots of dat lawerin stuff!!! :D:D:D:D

Dave

6. djui5

djui5 F1 Veteran

Aug 9, 2006
    Phoenix, Arizona

No they're not, not at all. FL courts are really hard on a lot of things, like school attendance, child support, and DUI's. Also drug offenses, they crack down like the mother ship sometimes. The judges are f'n *******s in FL. I expect him to do a lot of time for this, personally.

7. ChunkyMonkey

ChunkyMonkey Formula 3

Feb 27, 2006
    Texas, duh
    Full Name:
    Chad
    as he should get....I'm tired of seeing all this special treatment for "stars" sometimes.....I am fan of his motorcycle designs, but he really f'd up this time....

8. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    Maybe he can build a prison-themed chopper, bright orange with a black stripe and with real jail-cell bars welded together as the frame.

9. JLP

JLP Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2006
    Bay Area, Ca
    Billy needs to round up as much cash as he can and hop on a boat and head to Argentina. No extradition laws

10. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    I like to toss back a few myself...but, drinking and driving is never acceptable... if found guilty after a fair trial, the guy should go to jail for a long time IMHO...

11. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    That's a good one. Maybe they can make an episode of it for Biker Build-Off

12. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    WHEN, somebody tell me when...The carmakers will install a sobriety check module in the ignition.....I'm a Biker, but I say Burn this MF at the stake!

DUI offenses can be eliminated if congress wants it....Like Epa regulations are more important.

NO Tolerance....He should be a dead man Walking.

13. ChunkyMonkey

ChunkyMonkey Formula 3

Feb 27, 2006
    Texas, duh
    Full Name:
    Chad
    There is a local lady here who someone in my PD cited for speeding. Simple speed and did not have her purse supposedly so no license as well. This higher up official(from another city PD) came asking for some leniency from this officer. The paperwork was already submitted, so the officer would have to ask the judge. He got the woman's name again and ran her history....3 DWI's! ! ! !, multiple speeding violations for 25+ over the limit withing the past 4 months alone, AND a suspended license due to the DWI's....The officer looked at the other city official and laughed at him out of embarassment. Said no way, and he hopes she enjoys her time in front of the judge, he would be sure to be there for court. I don't know how the hell the other people who cited her could let her go or "throw out the ticket" knowing the record she has, DWI's and all. Annoyed the s*** out of me. Maybe because my Dad was almost killed by a drunk driver, I dunno.

14. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    I thought about that idea years ago. I think this will work, only if there is the drunk driver in the car. No one else. The only problem I see is, if there are a few sober people in the car. The driver, who has "only had a few" will ask a sober person in the car to blow in the bag/module whatever, to start the car. If they dont, then the driver may get aggrevated and maybe assault someone. That or they will ask a passer by/stranger to blow in the bag/module ect.....to get the car started for them, because they have only "had 1 beer". If they come across rejection from this, then they made get upset and attack an innocent bystander. I dont know. I guess if it saves 1 life, then it is a good thing. I reckon they should just deal out harsher/longer jail terms if caught DUI. I am sure that will make motorists think twice before drinking and driving. Killing someone or not, make the rules tough and they make think twice about risking a long term jail term just to DUI. :):)

15. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
  16. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    I just realized Billy's last name is LANE.

a twist of fate and irony??

17. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    #42 Peloton25, Jul 21, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2009
    Rather than start a "Whatever happened to Billy Lane?" thread in the Silver Subscribed forum, I figured I would just bump this one with the latest news. Note the update towards the bottom.

I will be quite disappointed if he gets off without serving some real jail time here. House arrest or some form of probation just doesn't seem to be representative of justice in this case. :mad:

>8^)
    ER

18. jca998

jca998 Karting

Jun 10, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Jean C
    Stallworth.

That's all I have to say.

19. Tom Selek

Tom Selek Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2006
    1500klms from Jim
    What was the out come , sentencing was today?

20. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Yes, today is the day. I haven't seen anymore schedule changes. I looked for any news so far and don't see the final outcome yet.

>8^)
    ER

21. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    He was sentenced to 6 years in jail, 3 probation, forfeiture of license for the rest of his life.

F-him.

22. Jaeger

Jaeger Rookie

Jul 1, 2006
    Southwest USA
    Full Name:
    Jaeger
    Is this the usual- where sentenced for 6, but you get out in 2 (good behavior yada yada)?

23. CornersWell

CornersWell F1 Rookie

Nov 24, 2004
    Let's also not forget that there will be, if there aren't already, civil suits filed. This guy is toast. Jail is just the beginning. Virtually everything this guy ever earned (or will earn) will go to the estate of the deceased. Insurance will not help this guy.

CW

24. CornersWell

CornersWell F1 Rookie

Nov 24, 2004
    Customarily, in some jurisdictions, for every day served, you are credited for having served two. So, that cuts the sentence in half. This may not apply to criminal felonies, but only to misdemeanors.

However, there is also parole, which is based on a review of the inmate's record while incarcerated, the remorse shown, and a number of other factors. It's not a slam dunk.

That said, jails are overcrowded, and the DoCs are trying to move inmates through as quickly as possible.

CW

25. JohnLClark

JohnLClark Karting

May 15, 2005
    Pittsburgh
    The sad thing is he will get business out of this from people who will think they are a badass from riding around on one of his custom bikes. Also he can build the bikes but he can't ever ride them on the road, that part is really going to hurt him.