Amelia Island Concours | FerrariChat

Amelia Island Concours

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by kvisser, Mar 3, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kvisser

kvisser Formula 3

Dec 11, 2004
    Damascus, MD
    Full Name:
    Ken Visser
    Is anyone attending this year? Its this coming weekend at Amelia Island in Florida. I confirmed my travel plans and am rather excited to attend for the first time. Any advice on which venues to concentrate on?

Drop in a line if you are going to attend.

cheers

Ken Visser

www.ameliaconcours.org

DON’T MISS…“The Legends of Road Racing Presented by GM” – Join racing greats Sir Stirling Moss, John Surtees MBE, John Fitch, Hershel McGriff, Vic Elford & Brian Redman for a two-hour seminar on their experiences in the Targa Florio, Mille Miglia, Carrera Panamericana and the Isle of Man TT motorcycle race. Make plans to be at The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island Saturday, March 10, 2007, 10am-12 noon

2. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Hope to see you there. Some of my best friends go & show. Keep an eye out for Charles Maher, a great Ferrari auto artist.

3. MARQ

MARQ Formula 3

Feb 9, 2002
    East Coast US
    Full Name:
    Marq
    Unfortunately, this is the first time in 4 years that I won't be attending. A favorite for me, besides the Concours itself, is the RM Auction. Some great cars and a lot of fun.
    Enjoy yourself. Its a hell of a show. They do a really good job with this event.

4. kvisser

kvisser Formula 3

Dec 11, 2004
    Damascus, MD
    Full Name:
    Ken Visser
    #4 kvisser, Mar 4, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I look forward to the rm auction. That should be real interesting. Do either of you have friends showing cars this year? If so what are they bringing?

I will be meeting a gentleman who is showing a lovely Allard Lemans special.

I will take many pictures to share next week!

warm regards

Ken

I'm attaching one photo of a class winner from last year. (not my picture, lifted from the amelia island website)

kcv
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. open roads

open roads F1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2007
    Sarasota, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Stan
    I wish I could go this year. This is a great event.

Road racers are being featured this year. I would make a very special effort to hear the drivers speaking. I can only imagine the stories that they will tell.

As always,
    Enjoy!!

6. MARQ

MARQ Formula 3

Feb 9, 2002
    East Coast US
    Full Name:
    Marq
    The whole weekend is a first-class well-organized perfectly-run event. I am so very sorry that I'll miss it this year. To all of you who are going, have a blast!
    Please take plenty of pics for those of us who can't attend this year.
    Thanks!

7. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    I'm concoursed out right now (Cavallino, Cars on 3rd, Morgan Adams), so I'm going to Homestead for the FXX / 430 Challenge / F1 Cliente this weekend. Have fun!
    :)
    BT

8. yoda

yoda F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2004
    UT
    My parents are heading out tomorrow and my Uncle has signed up to be a bidder. But I don't think he has anything particular in mind yet.