Oak Street 2007 | FerrariChat

Oak Street 2007

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by norbert, Mar 12, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. norbert

norbert Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2003
    Charlotte, NC Area
    Full Name:
    Norbert Ertel
    Haven't been on "Chat" for several months. Went to the Events list on the Region web site. Oak Street is not listed. No date yet or no event this year?

Norbert

2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I *believe* it is not going to happen this year, which is really a major bummer.

No Ferrari booth at the Chicago car show, no Ferraris on Oakstreet, no Muskegon air show. Dare I even ask about Automobili Italiani?

All the more reason to go to FCA Nationals at Watkins Glen!

3. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Wow! What is going on this year??

4. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Good question. Several reasons:
    - I think we have seen a bit of an oversaturation of events in the past few years. Events competing with each other over the few summer weekends and hence taking away from each other.
    - Add to that rock solid sales of Ferraris with longer waiting times, then you realize they really don't need right now some extra exposure. Some of the really big events were sponsored to some degree by Ferrari or its dealers. If that money doesn't come in, you can't have the event.

I think it is cyclical and at some point some events will be back. Ferraris on Oakstreet was very cool in the nineties, then went into hiatus for a few years. I'm just glad I had a chance to be part of it the last four years.

5. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Me too, although I've only been there last year. It was a great time, beautiful weather, beautiful cars, and I really enjoyed Tavern on Rush. I took my family down there with me, and even my sister and mother who aren't into cars had a good time. It's a shame if they don't have Ferraris On Oak this year.

6. Mike E.

Mike E. Rookie

Dec 16, 2003
    Park Ridge Ill.
    Full Name:
    Miike Epifanio
    Due to construction that will be going on on Oak St. The Oak St. council has decided not to do the show this year.

7. MikeF

MikeF Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Bloomington IN
    Full Name:
    Mike Fisher
    How about Automobili Italiene? Didn't see it on the events list either.