Hmmm.......I think i got insulted. | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Hmmm.......I think i got insulted.

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Pizzaman Chris, Mar 25, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ZINGARA 250GTL

ZINGARA 250GTL F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 21, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Laugh, M8? As well you should! Proves blonds aren't all that dumb. Gorillas? Seen any GEICO ads. lately?

2. fifrules

fifrules Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2006
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Jon Kepler
    Insurance companies don't like random engine fires very much, it messes with their margins. :p

3. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    WOW! Sounds pretty serious.

Whatever void that car filled just got emptied by a retard.

4. srslusso

srslusso Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2005
    Encino,Ca.
    Full Name:
    Steve S.
    I have owned over 70 cars throught the years including a Lusso and a significant custom bodied Ferrari. The car without any doubt that attracted the most attention for several months after I got it was the very first VW Scirocco in California in 1975 when the commericials were running with the car dashing over the sand dunes etc.
    In 2nd place I have the first VW Phaeton sold in the USA, almost everyone had a comment on it when it was new.
    In contrast, very few people knew years ago what a Ferrari was, today I have noticed if the car is not red it attracts much less in the way of non enthusiast looks. When a friend had a Black F 40 everyone just assumed it was a kit car.

5. procure95

procure95 Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2006
    PA, USA
    Full Name:
    Giovanni (John)
    Didn’t happen yet but I wont chase customers out the door either. Who cares what he thinks as long as he keeps buying your food you can keep driving your Ferrari. You are better off him thinking it is a kit car anyway otherwise he would think you are overcharge on your pizza.

6. No Doubt

No Doubt Seven Time F1 World Champ

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
    I got that compliment while taking my 348 through the local Hardee's drive-through.

No big deal. She meant well, poor thing.

Many Alabama Hardee's are staffed by work release prisoners (complete with prison boots and drop-off/pick-up service by the white AL DEPT of CORRECTIONS vans), and she's always been kind as well as dressed as a prisoner.

Heckofaway to beat paying Minimum Wage. Anyway, she hasn't had much of an education and I suspect she's had a hard life so I just take her words as being the best that she can offer.

Life goes on.

7. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Next time you see him if he insists on it still being a kit car, ask these 2 questions:

1) 'What will it take to prove to you it's not a kit car ?'

2) 'How much cash can you round up to bet me - cash for title ?'

Listen to his BS reply, then walk away when he doesn't take you up on it.
    Registration maybe ?
    When he says 'you had it reregistered as a Ferrari', ask him why you would do that when the taxes and insurance would go through the roof ??
    ... Then walk away..

8. ZINGARA 250GTL

Owner

Jun 21, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Most likely best simply forgotten.

9. modena1_2003

modena1_2003 F1 Rookie

Aug 17, 2005
    Full Name:
    Jon
    YOU DRIVE A FIERO!!??

Kidding... ... This is ridiculous. Though I can sympathize. Was driving an Elise from Baltimore to O.C. MD, and the man at the toll booth before the bay bridge was convinced it was a tuner MR2... So.

Best
    Jon

10. ZINGARA 250GTL

Owner

Jun 21, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Ken
    now you know why he's in the booth and you're driving the Elise.

11. MedMech

MedMech Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    The difference is she has no clue but does not try to fool anyone into thinking that she does. The guy arguing about the Fiero is an idiot that thinks he is smart.

I don't mind the person with no clue and often help them but I go out of my way to square up the idiots but its fruitless because they are idiots.

With that said I usually feel like the idiot because I wasted precious time on the fool.

12. BlakeAO6

BlakeAO6 Rookie

Mar 22, 2005
    Ft. Worth/Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Blake Armstrong
    He's your customer, he makes you money to be able to afford that car. Just let it go, big deal.

13. procure95

procure95 Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2006
    PA, USA
    Full Name:
    Giovanni (John)
    Can you believe someone asked me what year is my Lamborghini? The nerve of some people. :D

14. James_Woods

James_Woods F1 World Champ

May 17, 2006
    Dallas, Tx.
    Full Name:
    James K. Woods
    And consider the horror of buying Carrol Shelby's own personal Cobra for whatever Barrett-Jackson can gin you out of, and then seeing everybody checking under the fenders to see if it is fiberglass...

At least there are still more real Ferraris around than there are replicars!

15. Hessian

Hessian Formula Junior

Jan 22, 2005
    Charlottesville, VA
    Full Name:
    Jonathan S.
    It is important to ignore all of life's petty slights, and keep one's perspective. However, one might be upset one's spoil wasn't recognized for what it was regardless of the model

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showpost.php?p=136488332&postcount=33

16. ZINGARA 250GTL

Owner

Jun 21, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Giovanni(Italian), Ivan(Russian), Ian(British), Sean(Irish): How can you be insulted when you, on your profile, don't claim to own one? I'm a long time Ferrari owner and I would have asked you the same question because, while I admire Lambos, I'm not an aficionado. You can't expect the average product of the failed educational system in the US to know how to spell Lambo, much less Lamborghini. At least the dolt was smart enough ask its age. Wait until some obnoxious nudnik has his GF jump up on your fender for a photo shoot. Then, sir, will you be truly insulted. Capito? Capish if you're Sicilian.

17. ZINGARA 250GTL

Owner

Jun 21, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Sure I can. There are a gazillion Shelby replicars out there. I go to Spring Carlisle every year and there are more of those than ants at a picnic.

18. ZINGARA 250GTL

Owner

Jun 21, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Ken
  19. ZINGARA 250GTL

Owner

Jun 21, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Do forgive me. The man who chooses to argue with a fool, becomes one.

20. procure95

procure95 Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2006
    PA, USA
    Full Name:
    Giovanni (John)
    What an idiot!! I have two on my profile and atleast i have a profile. Comprada

21. ZINGARA 250GTL

Owner

Jun 21, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Ken
    I think you will agree that to the really, really untrained eye.....................

22. Hessian

Hessian Formula Junior

Jan 22, 2005
    Charlottesville, VA
    Full Name:
    Jonathan S.
    Bien sur.

23. ZINGARA 250GTL

Owner

Jun 21, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Nein, herrein. I thank you for calling me an idiot. That says more about you than it does about me. I see no Lamborghinis in your profile. I do see two Ferraris. I have no profile because I need no slander. I rarely hit hard. When I do I will let you know. This is a "tongue in cheek thread." Enjoy it.

24. Hessian

Hessian Formula Junior

Jan 22, 2005
    Charlottesville, VA
    Full Name:
    Jonathan S.
    Just last weekend, I had opened the garage door and was working in the driveway while the dust cover was still on the Ferrari. An older gent drove slowly in his pickup stopped, smiled, and asked, "Is it a Corvette?" I said not exactly and peeled the cover off of the back. He responded by apologizing for "insulting" my car. My response was to smile and tell him that I took no offense, I wouldn't mind having a Corvette as well.
    Most of these folks are enthusiastic about cars, they're just not obsessed with Ferraris. I was disappointed that the old guy didn't accept my offer of a ride.

25. ZINGARA 250GTL

Owner

Jun 21, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Sure. You acted like a gentleman. Enjoy your status. You deserve it. Had I been he, I would have gladly accepted the ride. No surprise. Charlottesville is the traditional home of gentlemen. Best.