Alarm battery on 355 | FerrariChat

Alarm battery on 355

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by speedracer999, Apr 17, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. speedracer999

speedracer999 Rookie

Oct 10, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Brad Hong
    Can a bad or dead alarm battery prevent the car from starting (the starter does not energize)? The alarm still makes the chirping sounds and flash lights when button on key fob remote is pushed. How does this battery go bad? From a bad battery or alternator?

2. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    I don't think so. My alarm battery was dead and I could start the car just fine.

3. speedracer999

speedracer999 Rookie

Oct 10, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Brad Hong
    Is this the battery for your remote or alarm battery in front driverside wheel well?

4. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Alarm battery in front wheel well.

The Remote works fine.

5. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini
    There are threads on this try the search engine. I know there is an outside source for the battery beside Ferrari and it won't cost an arm and leg.

6. J. Salmon

J. Salmon F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 27, 2005
    VA
  7. speedracer999

speedracer999 Rookie

Oct 10, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Brad Hong
    Any simple things I can check before towing it to a shop? symptoms that led up to the problem: 1) once i turn the ignition key, the car would hesitate before the starter energized (anywhere from 1/2 - 2 seconds), could not unlock my doors a couple of times with the remote, random problem lights would come on for a split second(f1 tran light, suspension light). Now the car won't crank at all. all other electrical things seem to work but the car just won't crank. I had the battery checked and it is good with a full charge. Could it be a bad starter? is there a simple way to check? I thought about jumping the car.

Thank in advance