Spring fling scenic drive, italian car gathering and barbecue | FerrariChat

Spring fling scenic drive, italian car gathering and barbecue

Discussion in 'New England' started by alfa-guy, Apr 23, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. alfa-guy

alfa-guy Rookie

Jan 27, 2004
    I'm organizing a scening drive out to the Berkshires this saturday, the 28th with FCA-NE and would like to extend an invitation to any of the people here who would like to attend.

The scenic drive will start in Westfield, MA at 10:30am, from there it will be about 1 1/2 drive ending at my shop in Lenox, where we'll have an informal barbecue for all.

please email me directly at alfaguy*acme-ltd*com or call me at 413.446.1640 for more information if you would like to attend.

Thanks,

Jeff

2. LookingForACure

LookingForACure Karting

Apr 9, 2006
    Boston environs
    I'm in and would love to caravan from the Boston area. If anyone else is interested, let's set a time and place near the the intersection of the 'Pike with either 128 or 495 (depending on greatest, mutual convenience).

As an alternative to the 'Pike, if anyone knows an interesting route to Westfield, please share!

3. alfa-guy

alfa-guy Rookie

Jan 27, 2004
    "I'm in and would love to caravan from the Boston area. If anyone else is interested, let's set a time and place near the the intersection of the 'Pike with either 128 or 495 (depending on greatest, mutual convenience)."

I've had a couple of other people express an interest in driving out to westfield from the boston area together. So, once you decide on a place and time, I'll let the others know, and hopefully they'll join up.

Thanks,

Jeff

4. BigHead

BigHead Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Outside of Boston
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Alas, by far the quickest and easiest way to get to Westfield from the Greater Boston area is to take the Pike. You could take Rt2 out to I-91, but it adds a fair bit of distance, and you still don't get to drive the most fun parts of Rt 2, which is west of I-91. If you're looking to add some scenic roads to your drive to Westfield, you could get off the Pike at I-84, get off I-84 immediately in Sturbridge, and head west on secondary roads.

But consider just going directly out on the Pike, then taking Jeff's scenic drive from there. Jeff is a class act and a great host, so I'm sure that his route will be plenty fun.

vty,

--Dennis

5. alfa-guy

alfa-guy Rookie

Jan 27, 2004
    Dennis -

Thanks for the vote of confidence :)

Yes, the drive is on some great twistie roads, which should be lots of fun as long as we don't encounter any Sunday drivers just poking along ...

Jeff

6. alfa-guy

alfa-guy Rookie

Jan 27, 2004
    Here are the details of where to meet:

Exit 3 off the mass turnpike, as you exit the toll plaza, bear right. Take your first right into the Wendy's parking lot. We'll meet there at 10:30, and leave PROMPTLY at 10:45.

It should be a good time, the roads are great, and we'll have plenty of food for all here so come on out, excercise your cars, and make some new friends.

Jeff

7. LookingForACure

LookingForACure Karting

Apr 9, 2006
    Boston environs
    Considering the weather forecast for tomorrow, who else is planning to go for the ride through the Berkshires?

8. alfa-guy

alfa-guy Rookie

Jan 27, 2004
    #8 alfa-guy, Apr 29, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    well, despite the weather forecast, the weather cooperated with only a few minor sprinkles.

Everyone who came had a great time, the drive was great, and the worst that happened was a blown tire on a 575 near the end of the drive due to a nasty frost heave.

We may make this an annual event as several people asked if we were going to do it again next year ...

Here are some photos.

Jeff
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. vunico