The Hockey Thread! | Page 7 | FerrariChat

The Hockey Thread!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Forza-Italia, Mar 24, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. danbb31

danbb31 Karting

Oct 19, 2005
    Vancouver
    Full Name:
    Danny
    Anybody watching the WHL Championship, game 7 going into double OT, unbelievable a hockey fans dream, and what a game back to back no penaltys except a 4on4 and FOG!!!

And both teams play again in the Memorial Cup Round Robin.Too bad there has to be a loser tonight.

2. Supercarlover

Supercarlover Formula 3

Sep 30, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Joshua B.
    From Texas: "GO SENS GO!!!"

3. Forza-Italia

Forza-Italia Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2004
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Somebody shoot the bastards and put them out of their misery now. I'm so tired of having to watch this crap in a city like ours.

4. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Dont bother Joe....i gave up on them many moons ago....i even change the channel when i see the news and they talk highlights.

Last night i cant beleive i actually watched some of the replays....this year is my first year where i gave up my seasons tickets...i will never go back...good ridence to them.

5. m3forlife

m3forlife Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2005
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I have simply made the move from Leafs to Raptors, at least somebody has a good team this year.

6. Forza-Italia

Forza-Italia Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2004
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I gave up seasons tickets about 15 years ago....If everyone does what we both did....we'd have a contender within 2-3 years. Fat chance of very many giving up their tickets though. There's a line up waiting to take them anyway.

7. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Hi Joe. This is so true. And I have no idea why. MLSE should consider themsleves very very lucky. But for how long?

8. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    As long as they make a profit by investing nothing at all.

I say we get rid of Sundin, and take the 7 $ million and get Wendel Clark, Doug Gilmour, and Gary Leeman back for this season, and we'll still have money left over for Grant Fuhr. We could use some 50 goal scorers and a decent goalie!!

LOL

9. LambogatiINC

LambogatiINC Formula 3

Aug 14, 2004
    Toronto/Chicago
    Full Name:
    Sal
    theres 2 reasons why ppl line up to buy season tickets,

1) to watch the other team! give up hope on the leafs, why not start to support another team?

and

2) which is sadly the more correct answer (well i think atleast) because they know they sell them for 200% their value when time comes, everything with the leafs (from the admin to some of the fans atleast) is all about making money...last week when the habs played the leafs, 300 level seats were going for 170 EACH, not even a pair, obstruction seats were $100!!! theres a lot of psyco leaf fans out there that'll do anything to go to a game, paying that much more for a ticket is one of those things...

10. Ragin Bull

Ragin Bull Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Mike Gallo
    Joe, they are still going by the Ballard theory, if the building sells out, who cares how good they play........

11. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

I am contractually bound to not comment here.

12. Dino Martini

Dino Martini F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2004
    Calgary Alberta
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Why is the Hockey Hall Of Fame in Toronto?

Thats the closest the Leafs will ever get to the Stanley Cup..

I shouldnt be joking, Calgary cant even win a game.

13. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    This is the same story as the Chicago Blackhawks......the owners were making a good profit for years, and the team was a half-decent contender. More recently they've gone downhill with crap players and poor results. The "psycho" fans soon lost interest and realized that they the glory and love for the team is worthless if they have to pay 150$ to watch them lose.

I guarantee if the Leafs keep up with the poor results people will slowly lose interest, and the team will hit a "recession" and will need to pull up some big moves before investors jump ship.

My friends and family have been hardcore fans for years, but up until last season did we realize that the effort to go to the games, or watch them on TV at nite is really just a waste of good time.

I'd rather watch people get kicked in the balls on "Americas funniest home videos" than watch the Leafs lose constantly.....its seems the more intelligent and less painful choice....LOLL

14. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Exxxactly...

15. Ragin Bull

Ragin Bull Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Mike Gallo
    What kills me the most is last year, they actually had a celebration for the 1967 team......They basically celebrated the fact we haven't won a cup in 40 years!!!!! What a slap in the face to us fans, I can't wait for the 50 year celebration : (

16. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Mike, never mind this crappy team. Check your PM's, I gotta Lambo question for you. Your expertise is needed in the Lambo section LOL :D

17. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Joe, i would have done it a few years ago, but my son (now 8) liked the experience for awhile....last year he said to me at a game, dad, why do we come here to watch them lose ? I said, we dont have too if you dont want too, he said he was tired of seeing them lose....go figure a 7 year old in the dumpster....you cant make a 7 yr old unhappy if you tried......i wish i could have let the team and management talk to him (he and kids like him are the future of this sport).....i gave up pretty much the rest of the tickets to freinds and family...and i didnt renew this time around.
    He hasnt asked, or missed them in anyway shape or form..........neither have i to tell you the truth. I wonder how many other 8 yrs olds dont care about the leafs ?

18. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    #168 starboy444, Oct 10, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  19. Razzer92

Razzer92 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2006
    good thing canucks arn't that bad

GO CANUCKS GO!!!

20. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    School out early today?

21. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    With that poor grammar, I don't think he goes to school. :D

22. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    You could be on to something...

23. goezfaster

goezfaster Karting

Sep 18, 2007
    Today?
    Full Name:
    Earnest
    Go Wings? Ok, Ok, I won't say anything else....

24. Razzer92

Razzer92 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2006
    no i didn't get out of school early today....... :rolleyes:

25. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    So you skipped school to be on F-chat?