Anyone know anything about a Autobianchi... | FerrariChat

Anyone know anything about a Autobianchi...

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by 4re308, May 24, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    I found a 58 or 59 Autobianchi Bianchina transformabile, it needs total restoration. I would love to talk to someone that knows Bianchinas and other interesting Fiat based microcars?

2. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    #2 Miltonian, May 24, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I know a little bit about them. A good friend of mine had two Fiat 500's and an Autobianchi Bianchina, but got rid of them years ago. Then a neighbor a block away had one, but it needed an entire front clip, total trash, and he wanted big money for it. I have a 600 Sedan and a 600 Multipla.

I see that there are a few places that can supply quite a range of 500 parts, they seem to be much more plentiful than 600 parts for some reason. And I've seen quite a few 500's on ebay that have been recently imported from Italy.

I have the 95-page Giorgio Nada book (In Italian) on the Autobianchi, don't know if it's still available, and I could probably dig up some old road tests from my collection if you'd like to see them.

For those who don't know, here's what they look like.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Autobianchi used to make a model known as the A112 that was cool, especially the Abarth version. I liked them when I drove them in Italy.

4. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    I'd love to have an A112. Not the same as the Bianchina of course, the A112 being a front wheel drive transverse 4 cylinder water cooled, and the Bianchina being a rear wheel drive 2 cylinder air cooled.

5. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Yup thats the one! Same color too! Hmmm, do I even want to start restoring this car and trying to find the trim and all the other bits that are missing? I am also looking for an Isetta 300. Love those microcars.

6. Pantdino

Pantdino Formula 3

Jan 13, 2004
    Full Name:
    Jim
    A Transformable restored to perfect condition sold at the RM auction in Monterey last year for $39,600. I remember looking at it and thinking that ANY trim missing would be totally impossible to find, as it was different from the Fiat 500 stuff.

Fiat 500's are more numerous in Europe still because they were made long after production of the 600 had stopped and they have a following of people who love them.

7. dbcooper

dbcooper Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2005
    Costa Mesa,Ca.
    Full Name:
    Tim Romero
    Back in the mid 1980's.I sold Dayco racing fuel atRiversideRaceway,Riverside,Ca.
    One of my fellow fuel jockeys owned a Bianchina.We aquired it from a foreign auto wrecking yard that I was running.The car was complete and original.We used it for our pit car and track side transport.One day we stupidly piled approx 7-8 of our too fat friends into it and took off towards the pits(this was possible due to the retracting cloth roof)about midway one of the axle shafts snapped in two and ended our fun.We never fixed the car and my friend left it the weeds in the back yard of a rental house when he moved out.I regret to this day not retrieving it for my self.they're a real cool and fun car.