More Mclaren Pics | Page 4 | FerrariChat

More Mclaren Pics

Discussion in 'British' started by 410SA, Apr 30, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 1_can_dream

1_can_dream F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    Lol now don't get the thread moved into politics and religion. Thanks for the pictures they're great.

2. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    If you don't mind me asking, any plans to add an F1 to the garage? :):)

3. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    I have an incurable need to collect great cars and an F1 is certainly on the list, but not a priority yet. They have risen in price quite dramatically in the past couple of years, making several other cars more plausible, and probably a smarter buy in terms of long term collectibility. I'm focusing on great road cars of the 50's and 60's these days and I have a very clear prioritization of what I'd like. It's sometimes more a case of what is offered. There are less than 100 F1's out there and almost all have disappeared into long term collections already but every once in a while someone puts one up for sale.

4. jorge.rios

jorge.rios F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 2, 2006
    Monterrey
    Full Name:
    Jorge
  5. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Dear Comrade 410SA,

I have no idea of your chronological age but such undignified posts as this may well be perceived by many to render the perpetrator into the perceived realms of the emotional immaturity of the keyboard warrior. Such people are never successful but wish to attack those that are and thus feel a sense of the power that they have for so long been denied.

I trust that you will enjoy a good day and continue to amuse yourself as indeed you have me!

With kind regards,

512 Tea Are

6. audihenry

audihenry Formula Junior
    BANNED

Mar 27, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Henry
  7. JH

JH F1 Veteran

Nov 14, 2002
    Odense, Denmark
    Full Name:
    Jonas H.
    512 is about the weirdest poster I have come across in my many years on this board. Duuuude, what the hell?

8. cridom60

cridom60 Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2007
    France
    Full Name:
    dominique
    funny thread, but I still prefer F40 GTE, facing Mc Laren F1 in Le Mans race also as well as in BPR races with some success, and easy to prepare if necessary to fight Mc Laren on the road or on the track. Less expensive also.
    And I really prefer Ferrari's!

9. greghurst

greghurst Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2003
    Casa de Hurst
    Full Name:
    Greg Hurst
    the 2nd car, the one with the red logo on the steering wheel, is now for sale in Singapore

10. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    For someone who has been banned and recently let back in, I think you had better listen to what 99% of this threads readers are saying.

Mon the F1, its the king of kings, just like Henrik Larsson! :D

11. bgck13

bgck13 Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2007
    Somewhere
    It was successful in originality and in setting a real benchmark for supercars.
    It might have broken the "rules" by not having its own engine design, however, it does outperform the majority of the cars who did use their own engine design.

12. bgck13

bgck13 Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2007
    Somewhere
    Hey comrade, Do you actually OWN any of these supercars?

13. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

Mclaren wasnt a 2 years old company when they won Le Mans.
    No comment on your 2nd point. Le Mans was never an easy race..

14. bgck13

bgck13 Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2007
    Somewhere
    It was amazing to see what the M did. The viper is the other one that did it for me. It came into lemans and mopped it up. All of the other manufacturers had talked down on the viper, its big front engine, and where it had come from, but that didnt stop it from whooping up. That is until everyone cried and the big restrictions came. The McLaren is a hell of a car, but because it didn't follow the "universal auto build book" there will always be die-hards who try to deny its claim.

15. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Dear Comradebgck13,

Yes, but not the Maclaren and would never wish to own such a contrived conveyance, fitted out as it is with spare parts from here, there and everywhere - not the least of which is a BMW engine.

I note that you are a student of twenty four years of age partly employed by your fathers company and am presuming therefore that you also own at least one of the Supercars within this category.

With kind regards,

512 Tea Are

16. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    512, can you please answer us two things, what supercar do you own in this category and is it genuine? Reason i ask is i read that you had an F40 replica, not true? If not, maybe you could show us some pictures of the real deal in another thread?

Anyway, once you clear that up, maybe you could leave this thread because it has been slightly dented by your involvement. The majority of us are enjoying the McLaren kingdom and chat, equally as much as the Ferrari one. We dont mind where we discuss it, especially when it is provided by a respected and highly contributing member of this forum.

:)

17. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Around 10 or so years ago, I did a placement at one of my fathers business's in Shepperton, on the outskirts of London. His then secretary as cute as she was, had a fiance who worked for McLaren and did a lot of the fibreglass mouldings. She realised my love for cars and brought me in a few goodies, a couple of CF rectangular keyrings, another cut to the letters MAT and best of all, a CF steering wheel centre with the F1 badge and the 6 holes drilled out etc.

I've still got the steering wheel centre and i dont think its laquered but the one in the picture looks as though it is. Its in my games room on a shelf so i'll take a little picture of it when I'm home at the weekend.

18. BLUROAD

BLUROAD F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2006
    Tustin Ranch, Cali
    Full Name:
    Enrico Pollini
    #93 BLUROAD, Jul 2, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    WTF are you Rain Man??? OR Higgins from Magnum PI??? Dude you seriously need to lay off the tea and check my homepage stat. Maybe even self ban yourself for awhile long enough to take the Poll out of your arse...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    The majority of cars on the road today share parts with each other. Even supercars can share parts between manufacturers. Heck, look at the Diablo using the 300zx's front lights!

The McLaren is a work of one man's involvement in the entire process, with every single part from various manufactures and designers. Nothing was compromised and everything was over the top in regards to it's design requirements. That, among many other things, makes it a supercar.

20. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    :D

21. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Dear Mattymoose,

Come on now, I suspect that you simply adore the opportunity to attack someone from your keyboard. Indeed, if this is not the case then the simple thing to do is switch me off - please bear in mind that all I have ever stated are my views, and in which there has not been one iota of aggression. So, please, either switch me off or carry on attacking me if this is what makes you happy. But be aware, please, that I have no wish to communicate with you upon the level that you have chosen and therefore this will be my only response.

Thank you for writing to me and I offer you my good wishes for the future.

With kind regards,

512 Tea Are

22. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    I give up, this is pointless

23. greghurst

greghurst Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2003
    Casa de Hurst
    Full Name:
    Greg Hurst
    #98 greghurst, Jul 2, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  24. furious_ferrari

furious_ferrari F1 Rookie

Nov 25, 2005
    Vancouver, Canada
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Those are the actual cars owned by an F-chat member?

25. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    I know it is difficult if not impossible to argue wth a zealot, but certainly the comrade's assertion regarding the engine needs a rebuttal. The F1 engine was provided by BMW, but it was and remains a bespoke, custom engine, purpose built for the Mclaren F1 and never used anywhere else and certainly not in a BMW ever. The vendor, in this case BMW, is no different than Denso as a vendor to Ferrari, or even Bosch and Delphi. I hardly think that the 599's integrity as a Ferrari is at risk because it uses a suspension component supplied by a General Motors subsidiary or a body designed by Pininfarina.

Regarding the comrade's assertion that I am a keyboard warrior, it is absurb in any way you care to define it. I am simply an involved car collector and I refute obvious BS whenever the opportunity arises.

I also believe, and this sometimes puts me at odds with my many British friends and relatives, that Great Britain has declined as a world power, quite steadily since the end of WW II. I believe that the unions were a great contributor to this decline but the stiff upper lip sensibility of the British combined with paternalism and an inability to see how the world has changed also added to the devolution. The comrade's style of posting is indicative of this state of mind and his and reluctance to address issues and questions directed at him is another hallmark of British reluctance to engage. Winston, come back - all is forgiven.