BBS wheels | FerrariChat

BBS wheels

Discussion in 'Texas' started by mac59, Jul 1, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mac59

mac59 Rookie

Nov 15, 2003
    #1 mac59, Jul 1, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Does anyone know the best place ot buy a bbs wheel. I hit the curve Friday night in my 355. I'm looking for a rear, rg5 lm-1 1- x 18 60mm.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    The damage doesnt look so bad.... Just kidding. Nice car!

Would you be interested in having it repaired? We have had really good experience with having some of the 2 pc AMG wheels repaired. We use Alloy Wheel Solutions where I work.

PM me if I can Help

Steve

3. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Chromed rims are very expensive to repair plus repair shops will not guarantee the outcome, you might want to check with some of the F-Chat sponsors or the Tire Rack for a replacement.

4. mac59

mac59 Rookie

Nov 15, 2003
    I dont think repair is an option, It is bent pretty bad. The tire was knock to the side.

5. mac59

mac59 Rookie

Nov 15, 2003
    Anyone know what the going price of this wheel is?

Mike

6. jeffb99tx

jeffb99tx Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    www.wheelcollision.com

They have a section for Ferrari wheels and list a price of $750 for a wheel from a 355 or $650 with exchange. They ask that people call them to see if they have anything in stock. Also, be sure to find out if they are used / refurnished or if they are brand new. I am sure there are other internet providers that can sell you a Ferrari wheel. I have not used them but their prices appear to be in line with other suppliers for wheels of more typical cars.

Good luck,

Jeff
    Dallas

1994 Alfa Romeo 164 LS
    No Ferrari at this time but you never know.

PS - I just realized your wheels are not stock, so this may not help. Good luck though.

7. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    You can also try wheelsamerica locally for repair possibilities.
    They also carry a stock of replacement wheels.
    Check AAA autosalvage in FW as well.

8. jeffb99tx

jeffb99tx Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I do not know if you ever found a replacement for your tire but if you want to get an opinion if the rim is fixable, try Star Tire here in Dallas. They do repair work as well as refinishing tires. I had them refurbish the rims on my Alfa and they look brand new. They were reasonably priced, had a fairly quick turn around and did a great job. They are located on the east side of Harry Hines just south of Walnut Hill Road. They also have experience with Ferrari wheels.

Good luck and I hope this helps.

Jeff
    Dallas, Texas