Redmond and Bellevue drivers on 520 look out for the Po Po!! | FerrariChat

Redmond and Bellevue drivers on 520 look out for the Po Po!!

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by f355spider, Jul 1, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    #1 f355spider, Jul 1, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Eastbound 520, at the 51st street overpass, WSP is using laser quite regularly to nail speeders. Just saw this on the BMW list and thought I would pass the word.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. yb360

yb360 Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2004
    WA
    Full Name:
    John A.
    Thanks for the heads-up.

I wonder how well he can steady that thing with one foot on the wall and one in the air?

3. FerrariWA

FerrariWA Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2004
    Seattle/London
    Full Name:
    Thomas Summerfield
    I hope he falls back(I would add more to this but wont becuase it will probably get me flamed)

4. sammyb

sammyb Formula 3

Jun 23, 2006
    Where wife tells me
    Full Name:
    Sam
    I grew up in Medina (back when it was a nice slightly upper-middle-class suburb -- the days way before Bill G. moved in), but went to high school at Lakeside in north Seattle. Consequently, I drove 520 every day. I used to know every spot that WSP would use.

Back in these days, I only needed to slow down going eastbound at the Broadmoor/Arb onramp and at mid-span, because those were usually the only places WSP would stop to radar. Other than that, I used to fly in the old turbo Dodge with the digital speedo "pinned" at 85.

Ahh the good old days. Now I drive like a little old lady.

5. Jim Frentress

Jim Frentress Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2007
    Laguna Niguel, CA United States
    Full Name:
    James Frentress
    I'm amazed that on 520 anyone can actually speed anymore. Having lived on Clyde Hill and Medina for many years, I find I90 faster between Medina and UDist these days :)

6. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    HAHAHAHAHAHA. That is hilarious. The PO PO leaned back in his chair! funny stuff

7. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Thanks for the hot tip, they are definitely working the area.

Last week I also one parked in a patrolcar on the 70th St overpass of Northbound 405, this is 1 mile north of the 405/520 interchange at the top of the rise.

8. f360racer

f360racer Karting

Sep 14, 2004
    Renton, WA
    Full Name:
    PJ Z
    Sunday morning there was an officer in a Tahoe behind the sign and fence on the overpass. This was on I5 SB. This would be the new overpass for HOV lanes on I5. He was very well hidden, I could just see him at the last minute. I only noticed him because of another WSP that was behind me going at a fast clip, eventually exiting on the HOV lane to the left. My eyes followed him up the ramp and then I saw the other WSP, hiding.

Philip

9. BritBlaster

BritBlaster F1 Rookie

Jul 25, 2005
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    The clandestine operations continue; WSP skulking on the southbound on-ramp at Exit 9 (Newcastle) I-405. Only reason I saw him was that I took that as my exit -- anyone going south past Exit#9 would need a rear-gunner to defend themselves.... ;)

10. yb360

yb360 Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2004
    WA
    Full Name:
    John A.
    That's one of their favorite spots on S-B 405. They're there pretty regularly.

11. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Someone should send that photo back to the cops saying "we are watching you and your silly antics"

My my, what will they think of next for revenue generation. Go fight some real crime.

12. Dave46

Dave46 Formula Junior

Jun 5, 2006
    Central Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Davison
    That's putting a lot of trust in a 5.00 plastic chair. Those things tend to end up three legged sitting flat on the ground.

13. jh355

jh355 Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2004
    Halluci-Nation
    Full Name:
    Craven Morehead
    Someone needs to drive by with their James Bond Tire slasher in the rear wheel hub DB5 Aston Martin and teach that guy a lesson he won’t quickly forget.