Got Ghosts ? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Got Ghosts ?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by anunakki, Aug 6, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bounty

bounty F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    I have had sleep paralysis as well. Strangely enough I got it in only one apartment and not any other place I have ever been. I also think that hearing noises and having his gf hear the noises as well cancels out sleep paralysis - since it is an episode isolated to one individual...not two at the same exact time.

Sleep paralysis is a very strange thing though and it definitely made me paranoid, panicky, and you get a strange sense that you are being controlled by a paranormal "thing." You just can't understand why you can't get your body to move and because you don't know of sleep paralysis you get paranoid because you think someone or something is causing you to be paralyzed. You can move your head and your eyes are open but your body is still in a complete state of sleep....strange and now that I know what it is...I no longer fear it.

"Also, my brother used to sleep walk every once in a while and has been known to rearrange our living room and play with the TV in the middle of the night without knowing it, so are you sure you're not cruising around the house in the middle of the night?" -----Bingo?

2. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER

Ive read this in a science mag as well, it stated how researchers thought they could get audio from ancient roman pottery or other objects

As for ghosts, well I am sure they are real, after all they are just spirits without bodies, and we are just spirits existing in a physical/spiritual realm

As the Australian Aboriginies say, "We are not physical beings haveing a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a physical experience."

3. RoWis

RoWis F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Vancouver, B.C.
    I assume you were watching Penn and Teller

4. BLUROAD

BLUROAD F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2006
    Tustin Ranch, Cali
    Full Name:
    Enrico Pollini
    Do a Title search and make sure you know all the history of your home...

5. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    Uhh, the pottery thing is actually based on science not fantasy. The notion that "video tapes are based on rust, sooooooo, when nails rust they act like videotape and when the right 'electrical' (oooh, something folks dont understand!) conditions are present, past events are replayed", is just absurd. Its like saying "you need water to survive, so if you are dying and pour water on your wound you will recover". The same amount of smarts are used in both statements :)

The pottery thing - well, the way a record player works is the armature vibrates according to irregularities in the surface of the record. Its like a motor- you put energy into a motor and it turns. You turn a motor and you get energy. It's a two way street. If you take an object thats formed from an armature that vibrates based on sound, then when it hardens and you put the same armature on it, that sound can be replayed back. So when they are making pots using tools, sounds in the room at the time would have a very slight effect on the surface finish of the pot. If we use that surface finish sort of like the surface of a record, we can turn it and "play back" the sounds.

The sounds are a complete mess - its not like you hear intelligible words or anything, its sort of like static with a pattern.

But it's based on science, not fantasy. The rusting nails thing has got to be one of the dumbest things I have *ever* heard. No offense to the guy who suggested it, but it's just silly.

6. SRT Mike

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    Hey, there's folks who will gladly pay lots of $$ to go see televangelists who will "heal" them. There are folks who believe that putting an ad in the local newspaper with a prayer will make their prayers come true. There are people who genuinely believe fortune tellers and "psychics" have special powers to predict the future. There are people who really believe astrology is real. There are people who think the earth is 10,000 years old. There are people who really believe that when you die you come back as an ant, then a rat, then a dog, then a horse, then a human. There are people who believe an alien named Xenu banished them to earth to die at the bottom of an erupting volcano and they became infested with creatures that they must purify themselves of (there are 'churches' in every major city for this one).

There is not shortage of gullible people who will believe anything :)

7. Dcup

Dcup F1 Veteran

Jan 3, 2005
    Between 2 Implants
    Full Name:
    Claude Balls
    you have a dog ??? next time watch the dogs reaction - example - perked up ears, watching something move across the room that you cant see..... animals are known to be able to sense these things.
    ps.. do i believe ????? damn skippy !!!

8. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    They did the pottery thing on MythBusters and it was busted.

9. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    My experience was not sleep paralysis. It was just an old lady sitting on the chair at the end of my bed moving her hands as though she was knitting, simple as that.

I didnt feel as though she would attack me etc, I was purely petrified because i had never seen anything like it before.

I firmly believe it was a replay of an event which happened in the room many years ago, possibly even in the same spot.

10. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Ever wonder why they're always doing something like knitting ?

Why arent they ever replaying masturabation or brushing their teeth ?

11. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    hahah :D The question I'd throw out is why do these things always seem to happen to people when they're asleep in bed.. HMM!

-R

12. Ferrari0324

Ferrari0324 F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    HAHAHA!!! It's soo true too.

Scariest thing to ever happen to me was when I was at a friends house, we were in a bathroom trying out the "bloody mary" theory in front of a mirror. I Swear! as soon as we finished it, his dog ( a huge golden retriever) came chasing after us in the bathroom, barking his head off. We slammed the door closed in time, but that was scary as hell.

13. SRT Mike

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    :D

"The sounds are a complete mess - its not like you hear intelligible words or anything, its sort of like static with a pattern."

I didnt watch the end - I remember when they were freaking out because they could head 'something'. At least there is *some* theory behind it that is somewhat sound, but that nails thing..... gawd

14. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    I believe it's time for another beer!

15. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    You don't have ghosts. You have a midget or pixie infestation...

16. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Call GHOSTBUSTERS!!!

17. DropGems

DropGems Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Atlantic City, NJ
    I totally don't believe in ghosts. There's still no real proof of anything supernatural after all this time so I'm a total skeptic. As for sleep paralysis, I get it like once a month ever since I was like 8 years old. It's trippy and I can see how people mistake it for something supernatural because when you're in it, it seems like you're actually awake in reality.

18. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    This thread is seriously freaking me out. I have goosebumps. AND i'm home alone. Thanks guys

19. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    don't look behind you....

20. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Don't worry, actually you are not alone:D

21. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

There is also no proof of the existence of God. But we have to believe in something don't we?

22. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I'd punch every ghost in the face

23. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    don't act irrational or something... ;)

24. Martin H

Martin H Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2006
    Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Martin H
    Sweet baby jesus, the damn pixies are back!! Run, run for the hills while you still can!!

25. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Yep, and don't forget the ghost of your grandma is watching you masturbate when you think you're alone. ;) :D