The Alberta Thread! | Page 138 | FerrariChat

The Alberta Thread!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by brim, Jan 1, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rmk

rmk Formula 3

Mar 24, 2002
    #3426 rmk, Aug 11, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. mrkklst

mrkklst Karting

May 29, 2007
    Calgary
    Full Name:
    Mark
    RMK you rock! Thanks for snapping those pics @ Kulu. I love the 599 and that SLR is badass!
    Also nice snapping of those 430's.

And for some reason traffic today was terrible.
    I also took the Kulu route to avoid driving on McLeod (and I was curious), but mostly
    traffic sucked!

3. David888

David888 Karting

Feb 4, 2007
    Calgary, AB
    Full Name:
    David
    Deerfoot South past Southland drive was closed, this may have caused the backup on McLeod. I hope to head down to see the 599 myself soon!

4. NHeerDesign

NHeerDesign Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2006
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Nick
    Ditto on the visit to Kulu. Thanks rmk

Rosso Corsa 328GTS by Stephen Ave. today at around 5
    Grey V8 Vantage across from the Jack Singer at around 4
    Some Ferrari (relying on my dad here for info) going up Stephen Ave. around 9:40

5. 348FTW

348FTW Rookie

Jul 29, 2006
    Posse of Ferraris suspected in dangerous driving case
    Gwendolyn Richards, Calgary Herald
    Published: Monday, August 13, 2007
    Five luxury car drivers are being investigated for speeding and dangerous driving.

High River RCMP are looking into a report four Ferraris and a Lamborghini were speeding more than 200 kilometres per hour on Highway 22 by Highway 540 yesterday.

The investigation is still underway and officers are calling on anyone who may have seen the luxury vehicles on Sunday to contact them.

[email protected]

http://www.canada.com/calgaryherald/news/story.html?id=04093bb0-50c9-4341-b4fd-f712fd3c350a&k=92098

6. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

7. turbotrip

turbotrip Karting

Sep 9, 2006
    Calgary
    alright folks, time to fess up who was it? and why wasnt I invited lol

8. AIR4C 1

AIR4C 1 Formula Junior

May 3, 2005
    Calgary, Alberta
    It is just brutal that these people head out and do rediculous speeds and ruin it for the rest of us that like to go and enjoy our cars and each others cars while driving. If you have one of these exotic cars and enjoy driving but do it safely, you get pulled over automatically because the police figure you are driving like the reputation these people create. Someone is going to get killed and it will likely be someone innocent.
    Keep the race driving on the track guys.

9. 483hp

483hp Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 17, 2005
    www.fca.alberta.com
    Holy cow, saw it on the news on TV as well.

10. David888

David888 Karting

Feb 4, 2007
    Calgary, AB
    Full Name:
    David
    I found and article from the SUN with more detail and they mention video on youtube.

"Witness reports have been pouring in and videos posted on the popular video-sharing web site YouTube confirm that car and racing enthusiasts are using rural highways as their own race tracks, said Marzinzik."

I wonder if they are indicating that there is video of these specific cars racing on Alberta highways, or just videos in general.

http://calsun.canoe.ca/News/Alberta/2007/08/13/4415195.html

11. kokinos

kokinos Karting

Jan 20, 2005
    Calgary - Merc Rider
    Full Name:
    Chris H
    keep the applause to a minimum, it was me in my pink enzo

12. wheredidtheygo

wheredidtheygo Karting

Jan 23, 2006
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Michael C.
    we own our cars to drive as they are ment to.. I am sure Enzo is turning in his grave at the "lack" of use of his babies.. There is a difference between speeding and unsafe driving, its the unsafe cars that are the danger.. The person who enjoys 100 k runs on the road is no different than the person doing 200k on the road, our cars are built to do that as long as we are not weaving through traffic... 150 in a Honda is much more dangerous then me at 200.. An exotic at that speed handles and responds better than most cars at 100.. As long as you know YOUR limits and what the car can do you are not unsafe on the road. I hate when people confuse speed with unsafe driving..

13. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Hi Michael.

100km is the same as 200? It's possible that you and your car may be able to handle 200km as apposed to the Honda. But do you think all driver's of exotics know how to drive? I think not. Just visit www.wreckedexotics.com :) There are alot of guys there who thought they owned the road in their exotics. Not trying to be a sour apple or anything. I too have sped like everyone here....but how much is too much?

14. AIR4C 1

AIR4C 1 Formula Junior

May 3, 2005
    Calgary, Alberta
    I sure agree, that the cars should be driven, and not mothballed. However doing 200+ with several cars increases the risk no matter how you look at it. I have been on these drives and have seen or heard of issues with animals, cars in swamps, totalled Ferraris and recently a Lambo, and that is just in the past year or so. I appreciate wanting to drive the cars quickly because they are so good at speed. My point is, that people, and I know this for fact because I have been on the drives, get a pack mentality and drive not at 200 but much higher and the law doesn't like that too much. When others, and there are many, go for a drive in the cars and are not quite as aggressive, they are pulled over and questioned because of the brand of car vs the type of driving. Whether you like it or not, this kind of driving is seen as dangerous or the police would not be looking for these drivers.
    My comment is and was, that we should all drive our cars and enjoy them, if we want to get the most out of them, track them where the only people at risk are the drivers, not other traffic.
    I was driving in the city on Saturday and a Lambo, (won't say the type or color because we will all know who it is) was weaving in and out of traffic like a total moron.
    It is that type of driving that creates a public perception of rich, people with no concern for others. It is just stupid.
    Enzo would have much rather seen his cars on the track anyways as he only made his road cars to further his racing.

15. wheredidtheygo

wheredidtheygo Karting

Jan 23, 2006
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Michael C.
    Sorry for the rant.. I do agree with both classic and air4c.. I guess that to many times the one bad apple does spoil the bunch.. Ment no dis-respect to the people here I just dis-like being looked at when I meet the F group and am shuned because I drive my car.. I do understand your view and agree with it.. " For god sakes why cant we all be friends..lol.." ( except those peskey lambo people )

16. rpollock

rpollock Rookie

Nov 8, 2003
    Calgary, Alberta
    100 is no different than 200 because you are in an exotic? You don't have any chance of controlling the unknown (animals, other drivers, road conditions, mechanical failures, etc) and yet you perceive your in depth knowledge of your own limits and the cars limits will save you? Good luck, you will need it one day.

17. AIR4C 1

AIR4C 1 Formula Junior

May 3, 2005
    Calgary, Alberta
    HOLD ON NOW!!!! YOU WERE DOING SO WELL UNTIL THE LAMBO THING.
    As Frank Sinatra once said when picking up his new Miura "You drive a Ferrari when you want to be somebody... You drive a Lambo when you ARE somebody"

I love em all. Safe driving.

18. ffeverd

ffeverd F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Vancouver, Canada
    that was when Lambo wasn't German. and also, there's still no Lambo worth over a million dollar.

19. AIR4C 1

AIR4C 1 Formula Junior

May 3, 2005
    Calgary, Alberta
    Yes there is, and it is coming soon.

20. ffeverd

ffeverd F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Vancouver, Canada
    it's not officially out yet. we don't even know its name or how it looks like.

21. Prancing 12

Prancing 12 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 11, 2004
    The long way home
    The Miura SVJ would disagree!

22. rmk

rmk Formula 3

Mar 24, 2002
    Some Tuesday spots:

Black 360 coupe on 17th
    Black 355 spider infront of Melrose
    Red 430 coupe on 8th and 8th
    M6 x3 in Mission
    Black Arnage on 8th & 16th

23. nicholashon

nicholashon Rookie

Mar 3, 2005
    Calgary
    RMK:
    I was there for no more than 5 minutes... you are worse than parking patrol.

24. David888

David888 Karting

Feb 4, 2007
    Calgary, AB
    Full Name:
    David
    Damn I saw that black 360 on 17th also, I love the 360 in black!!! It's my first Ferrari Iv'e seen im black.

25. mrkklst

mrkklst Karting

May 29, 2007
    Calgary
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Hey rmk, how is it you can color coordinate your spots? 3 black exotics in one night?!
    That's sweet! I'm right up there with David, I've only ever seen 1 black Ferrari.
    Do you have any pics by chance?