Summit Point - Shenandoah Oct HPDE | FerrariChat

Summit Point - Shenandoah Oct HPDE

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by Power_Mind, Aug 8, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Power_Mind

Power_Mind Rookie

Jul 6, 2007
    Registration for the October 6th/7th Summit Point HPDE on the Shenandoah Circuit is now OPEN

[​IMG]

As always Beginner and Novice groups are Instructed run groups. Intermediate and Advanced are instructed by request only.

With your registration you get:

An event t-shirt
    4 run sessions each day
    Lunch both days
    and just an all around great time.

To register please go to the website: http://www.trackdaze.com The registration page features a 128bit encrypted secure connection.

Shenandoah Circuit is a very technical and busy 2.2 mile road course with a scale replica of the Nürburgring-Nordschleife's famous banked Karussell turn.

If you have any questions please feel free to email: [email protected]

[​IMG]

2. Sechsgang

Sechsgang Formula Junior

May 29, 2006
    Wayne, PA
    Full Name:
    Drew
    damn, thats right after my race at summit...oh well...

3. Power_Mind

Power_Mind Rookie

Jul 6, 2007
    Registration for the Beginner and Novice groups are now at 50% full.

I'd highly suggest if you are planning on coming to the event you register soon.

4. davebdave

davebdave Formula 3
    Owner

Mar 18, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Dave W
    Do any of these events allow convertibles w/out roll bars???
    Dave

5. markr

markr Karting

Sep 15, 2003
    N. Virginia
    The way I read the TrackDaze regs, no it does not sound like it. That said, I signed up for the this event. Should be a good event.

6. Power_Mind

Power_Mind Rookie

Jul 6, 2007

Depending on what convertible you have, Summit Point may allow it with just the stock roll hoops.

7. markr

markr Karting

Sep 15, 2003
    N. Virginia
    I have run at FATT with a number of SRT10 roadsters, Elises, Miatas, and even and SLK55 all with factory roll hoops. So yes Summit will allow it. You can call and ask them there official policy as it is no longer listed on their site since they went to the crappy flash site.

8. davebdave

davebdave Formula 3
    Owner

Mar 18, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Dave W

Yea, No hoops. 92 Mondial cabrio. I guess i'll just have to find a back road in WV where I can have allmost as much fun.

I think I saw an event somewhere with a highway speed class for convertibles, but I can't remember where.

Thanks, Dave

9. Sechsgang

Sechsgang Formula Junior

May 29, 2006
    Wayne, PA
    Full Name:
    Drew
    FWIW, s2000s are 100 percent allowed at summit as I was just there with a couple of them at our PCA event...but you MUST have roll hoops...I wouldnt even want to be on a track without some sort of protection like that...coming into turn 1 at 150 mph (not common for MOST cars though) with that sand on the otherside that has been known to flip cars would be twice as scary for me if I didnt have some sort of protection...

10. Mbutner

Mbutner Formula 3

Aug 11, 2005
    Bay Area / Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Quick Draw
    Most cars are at 115 to 130 at the end of the straight... You running a modded viper? :D

11. markr

markr Karting

Sep 15, 2003
    N. Virginia
    When your reply popped up in my blackberry with that quote of "150" I was like ??? too. I am lucky if I am seeing 120 DEEP into the braking zone and that didn't change very much after the turbo.

12. KKRace

KKRace Formula 3

Aug 6, 2007
    Rockville/Olney MD
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I know the Ferrari Club/FOW has the track for Oct 20-21. They will definatly let you run with a convertable within reason. Seen plenty of Spiders, S2000 etc. CAC is new to me, anyone know anything about them? Who do they have instructing? What is the format?

13. markr

markr Karting

Sep 15, 2003
    N. Virginia
    What is CAC? I am running the Oct. 20/21 event as well. Many of the Elise's run with out their hardtops on during FATT.

14. Power_Mind

Power_Mind Rookie

Jul 6, 2007
    CAC-NorEastR32 is what TrackDaze use to be. We've been trying to get Summit to update their schedule with our new name.

there's still plenty of room left in the event too! ;)

15. KKRace

KKRace Formula 3

Aug 6, 2007
    Rockville/Olney MD
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Don't recgonize the name TrackDaze either, not that I pay that much attention. I've been around the point for a good number of years racing, instructing etc. Just curious if it's anyone I know instructing and what the format is? Instructors in the cars? Can instructors drive students cars with permision, passing zones/rules, number of race groups etc.

16. markr

markr Karting

Sep 15, 2003
    N. Virginia
    Email Eric, he can answer your questions.

[email protected]

17. Power_Mind

Power_Mind Rookie

Jul 6, 2007
    Our format it the following:

5 run groups (4 student, 1 instructor)

Beginner and Novices receive instructors, Intermediates/Advanced by request only.

4 ~25 min sessions each day.

2 Classroom sessions for all student run groups each day.

Instructors can drive students cars WITH the students permission.

Beginner/Novice/Intermediate passing done in the straights
    Advanced/Instructor passing anywhere on track.
    ALL passing is done with a point-by only.

hope that helps. :)

18. Power_Mind

Power_Mind Rookie

Jul 6, 2007
    Still time left to get in on this event.