Wally Parks R.I.P. | FerrariChat

Wally Parks R.I.P.

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by Choptop, Oct 1, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Choptop

Choptop F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2004
    Carmichael, CA
    Full Name:
    Alan Galbraith
    The founder of the NHRA passed away. My Dad, ChopPop (R.I.P.) used to run around with Wally and his younger brother Kenny in high school. Back then they raced in the streets of South Gate, CA and got chased by the cops alot. Wally figured out a way to race legally and modern drag racing was born. ChopPop told tons of stories of fast cars and raising hell with the Parks Bros. Lives well lived.

http://www.nhra.com/content/news.asp?articleid=24561

2. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    #2 AnotherDunneDeal, Oct 2, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Wally was a wonderful person and had a passion for drag racing that was very deep. I have been following drag racing and doing it since 1958 and had many an opportunity to speak with and spend a little time with Wally. I still remember the NHRA Safety Safari and its educational program that helped spread the popularity of drag racing and helped it become a recogized sport.
    Wally, you will be missed my old friend. I know that if there is a racetrack in Heaven, you will be there and helping to organize and promote. God bless you.................

Wally and Barbara Parks
    Wally and Steve
    Wally and Chris Karamesines
    Wally and Tommy Ivo
    Wally in the tower
    Opening day of Wally Parks NHRA Motorsports Museum
    Image Unavailable, Please Login