The most annoying 'feature' about your car is... | Page 3 | FerrariChat

The most annoying 'feature' about your car is...

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Bullfighter, Feb 10, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    B*TCH is a female dog.

What's the problemo?

Dr. Phil

2. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap

Many words are censored here mate. :):) Dont stress too much. :):)

3. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Most annoying TWO features on my ferrari are. The bloody window does not wind right down but sticks up about 12mm, thus making it awkward when resting me arm on the door top while chilling:D:D
    Second, when i am at the petrol station to fuel up. My bloody filler cap just wont open until i have looked like a complete idiot for 5 minutes while trying to open it. AARRGG!!!!

4. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Probably the design of having to flip the targa top around to stow it behind the seats. They reversed the design from the 328 and now have the 'pins' come out of the back of the top, making it necessary to turn the top so it fits correctly behind the seat.
    BT

5. James_Woods

James_Woods F1 World Champ

May 17, 2006
    Dallas, Tx.
    Full Name:
    James K. Woods
    Testarossa 87 (not quite mine yet, but deal is proceeding) - front trunk carpet is tan, interior is black. Owner (original owner) claims that is really the way the factory sent it over. And those "motorized mouse" seat belt retractors.

Porsche 993 - that stupid "immobilizer". You can't start it by just turning the key - you have to first push a button in the key fob, then start. Every time.
    And, if that little battery in the key chain wears out, you can't even get inside the car without an act of congress on the anti-theft. Get it wrong and it permanently kills your ignition until you get to a dealer. Change your battery, and it permanently kills your factory radio until you get it to a dealer.

Corvette ZR1 - The secondary injectsion turns itself off every time you start it up and you have to key the "valet key" to get it back on or get your a$$ kicked by a mustang. Every time. I have learned to drive around the 1st to 4th economy robot shifter.

I am sure that when the Ferrari comes home in the spring, I will find some more things - but it is still in "honeymoon" status for now. Just like the first 3 months or so on a new job.

6. 78-308gt4

78-308gt4 Formula Junior

May 22, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    For me it's the fiendishly expensive 14" V rated tires...

7. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I remember that - horrendous. Also, having to set the handbrake to put the top down on my cabrio seemed overdone.

Overall, I appreciate the older Ferraris for not nannying me to death.

8. FasterIsBetter

FasterIsBetter F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2004
    NoNJ/Jupiter FL
    Full Name:
    Steve W.
    On the 308, and it was the same problem with my old Mondial QV -- the European cigarette lighter! Where the heck am I supposed to plug in the 12V blender and the portable TV/DVD player?? Go for a nice spirited ride in the country with a beautiful blonde, stop for a picnic in some fabulous bucolic setting, and can't even whip up a nice frozen Margarita without totally rewiring the car. Hrrrumph! LOL

9. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Push down on the cap as you try to unscrew it and it should come out easily. The pressure in the tank keeps the friction on the threads high, but pushing on the cap eases that.
    BT

10. speedy_sam

speedy_sam F1 Veteran

Jul 13, 2004
    TX
    Full Name:
    Sameer
    1991 348 TS

Stupid seatbelts with the mouse motor. One day in the distant future I will get a proper harness installed and be done with it.

11. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    The 599 is without a doubt the best car that Ferrari have ever built, but in their zeal to make it "user friendly" the car deaults to Auto mode in the transmission upon startup. It is really annoying, but obviously very easily remedied by pushing the auto button. It would be nice if the car had a preference setup option where that feature could be set to default the way the user wants it upon startup.

12. mgtr1990

mgtr1990 Formula 3

Mar 30, 2005
    Naples Florida
    Full Name:
    Martin Graham
    I agree on the alarm cant comment on the other issue

13. Ferrari250GTO

Ferrari250GTO Formula 3

Nov 1, 2006
    Philadelphia PA
    My finger can barely fit in it :(

14. procure95

procure95 Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2006
    PA, USA
    Full Name:
    Giovanni (John)
    in what?

15. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    The most annoying thing is the lack of air vents at the ends of the dash. On a warm day with the A/C on, all the cold air comes from the center of the dash, while my left side bakes.....

A close second is the sheer complexity of the HVAC, with completely separate and non-integrated systems for the A/C and the heat/fresh air. You have to be an ingegnere to figure it out; luckily, I am one!

16. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    I'm down with that...! I want the problems these guys in this thread are having...! I want a dodgy headlight stalk switch button knob thingie. I want a fickle alarm resetter trigger-ma-bob. I want to have a hard time getting to my battery.

Here are some of the problems I have - maybe someone wants to trade. When I lift in a decreasing radius turn, my car doesn't spin out. My car shifts itself. My car has two extra doors! My windows roll up just as quickly as everyone else's windows at JiffyLube - and that's two problems right there...! My car is easy to enter and exit. No one mistakes my car for a Mustang. I never get pulled over because a cop just wants to "have a look". Only when my windows are up, stereo's off and my foot is all the way down can I hear my engine. My exhaust is completely silent. If I used it, my a/c would work just fine. No one looks at me weird when I drive my car in the rain. I don't have to have the engine removed and serviced every 30,000 miles.

So who wants to swap...? :)

17. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I don't know. Is your car a chick magnet?

18. procure95

procure95 Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2006
    PA, USA
    Full Name:
    Giovanni (John)
    Sounds like a fair trade. I will...........:D

19. docweed

docweed Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2004
    Morgantown,WV
    Full Name:
    Chuck Stewart
    Leaking oil.

20. James_Woods

James_Woods F1 World Champ

May 17, 2006
    Dallas, Tx.
    Full Name:
    James K. Woods
    The one that is bugging me right now: Front spoiler + almost any driveway --- == $1000 fiberglass repair bill.

As for the other obvious ones -

2nd gear? I have learned to double clutch or skip shift to third.

Slow windows? I have learned to open the door to put my security card in the reader. I also have a toll-tag.

Air conditioning ices up and quits when you need it most? This is when you use those slow windows. It will melt soon enough.

Chick Magnet? no comment, except to use in moderation.

21. Ken

Ken F1 World Champ

Oct 19, 2001
    Arlington Heights IL
    Full Name:
    Kenneth
    That's not a bug, it's a feature. You're supposed to warm these things up, so correct procedure is to start the car, then get out, kiss your date, open her door, let her in and walk back to the driver's side. You get an extra 30 seconds at least which is the most critical period for wear on an engine.

Of course only an Italian engineer would think of this; a Japanese engineer would have a remote start feature.

Ken

22. Thatsmytoy

Thatsmytoy Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Bill
    On the 99 550, its the emergency brake handle location to the left of the driver's seat.