Need help with 87 Testarossa wheels, struts | FerrariChat

Need help with 87 Testarossa wheels, struts

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by FERRARI DEMONIO, Nov 12, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FERRARI DEMONIO

FERRARI DEMONIO Karting

Nov 12, 2007
    Full Name:
    JAMES
    have a 1987 Testarossa with single bolt wheels. Anyone knows how to upgrade to 5 bolt pattern or who makes decent wheels other than Hre? how do i change my shocks for the front trunk, do i have to take out my headlights? i would really apreciate any help?

2. ArtS

ArtS F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Central NJ
    James,

Welcome aboard!

If you use the search function (look at the toolbar above) , there was a thread posted several years ago on the front hood struts - I think it was a step by step type of deal but my memory is a bit fuzzy - it should be relatively easy to find.

Regarding the wheels, I think you'd have to replace the hubs, which may be pricy. If you want a more modern look, they do make some pretty cool wheels for splined hubs - it would probobly be a cheaper route than replacing the hubs and, in my opinion, much cooler.

Regards,

Art S.

3. FERRARI DEMONIO

FERRARI DEMONIO Karting

Nov 12, 2007
    Full Name:
    JAMES
    any specific brand that you might know? for single bolt wheels

4. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Call Moorespeed in Austin and speak to David.

He converted Dana's Boxer512bbi to 5 hole....he'll know the parts you need. Some of them he had the have machined, IIRC.

Tell him the Ferrari Art Car sent ya! LOL!

5. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Proceed with caution as this has to be done right. Offset and ride height are pretty critical, not to cause more problems.

6. Hawaii

Hawaii Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2007
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Emery
    Speedline and compomotive make aftermarket wheels for single hole and they are about $4000-$5000 per set of 4.

7. gabriel

gabriel Formula 3

You have to do a lot more than replace the hubs.

I have only heard of one person that actually ever did it - many tried and were unable to do it - and the total price is probably 5 figures for it all now.

Basically, if you want a 5 lug wheel, you will have to go and buy the correct model year.

The struts are a pain in the butt. - do a search here.
    There are a lot of threads concerning it.