Euro F40 doors & seats | FerrariChat

Euro F40 doors & seats

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by RED HEAD, Jan 9, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RED HEAD

RED HEAD Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    H
    I think that my F40 is missing some chrome plates that mount on the inside of the door on the lock just next to the carbon fibre panel. Can anyone confirm that this is the case? I have a 1990 car. Having looked on the door diagram on Eurospares website I believe they are listed as LH & RH door mouldings.....

Also wondered if anyone has tried to clean their seats? Mine are okay although there are one or two spots on the driver's seat - concerned about taking the red dye out or making them worse!

Thanks,
    H

2. red-riot

red-riot Karting

Nov 14, 2003
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I have a 90 as well and there were no chrome covers over the latching mechanisms. I've seen them on other F40's (later model years) but I haven't had a chance to look at other 1990s.

3. RED HEAD

RED HEAD Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    H
    Interesting to note you have the same - thank you. I think the mouldings were on my old 328. It does look as if a plate is missing?...

4. red-riot

red-riot Karting

Nov 14, 2003
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Jon
    The plates are real for the F40, they are listed in the parts manual. I just don't know if they where there for the 1990's

5. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Dear Comrade RED HEAD,

My car is of nineteen ninety two vintage and is fitted with the chrome plates that you have mentioned. I am unable to upload photograph's onto the Forum but would be pleased to relay an image via e-mail should you care to provide an e-mail address.

With kind regards,

512 Tea Are