Trade the 348 for a 2005 NSX? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Trade the 348 for a 2005 NSX?

Discussion in '348/355' started by VTChris, Feb 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. group77racing

group77racing Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2006
    Often Imitated
    Full Name:
    Never Duplicated
    No Shiot, if you could read "mid" mounted. its just a fwd platform stuck in the rear. Jeeeezz.

2. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Don't be ridiculous. I've agreed on it for years.

3. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    Whatever :D

4. gothspeed

gothspeed F1 World Champ

May 26, 2006
    U.S.A.
    Full Name:
    goth
    +NSX.... :)

5. Design Slave

Design Slave Karting

Dec 25, 2007
    Los Angeles
    I'll have to add my vote for the NSX.

The 348 seems to be one of the 'ugly cousins' of the ferrari family. Whereas the NSX is the flagship of the Honda line. I've driven both and bought the NSX over the 348. Driving it right now while shopping for a 360...

Pro NSX (I like the coupe over the Targa version)

1. Can be driven every day.
    2. Doesn't cost an arm and a leg to repair
    3. NSX technology better that the 348... more on a par with 355.
    4. Shifts like a dream
    5. Ladies can drive it too!
    6. REALLY cool after-market parts.
    7. Doesn't guzzle gas
    8. Bullet proof engine
    9. Light and nimble, with extreeeeeeeme acceleration. (Power to weight ratio)
    10. Before deciding, watch "Escape from Stockholm 3" (Funny didn't see the 348 in ANY Escape from Stockholm series)

Bonus: Insurance cheaper!
    Extra Bonus: Some Ferrari guys can be a bit elitist. Honda community really friendly. Hmmm mby I shouldn't have said that out loud. *grin*

6. netviper

netviper Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Saint Augustine
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Do people on this site really see going to a 05 NSX a downgrade from the 348? Seriously? That car has some of the worst press I have ever read about a Ferrari. I have been in one and I was less than impressed. A 355 would be an upgrade in my opinion. A 360 is way better than any stock NSX IMO. It is also 2x the price. The 430 is incredible. No comparison there either.

Most people on this site have never driven a NSX and have no idea what they are talking about. Of course, half the people on this site don't have Ferrari's either and have no idea what they are talking about.

Seriously though, If I had $70K to kill, I would just get a Z06 and beat up on 95% of the Fcars on the road and track.

The ZR1 should be faster than the Scuderia for less than 1/2 the price. Yes it is a chevy and not a ferrari, but you can't deny the fact that for 100K GM has a car with a 5 YEAR warranty on 620+ HP that will stomp nearly anything Ferrari can throw at it. Ferrari has a 2 year warranty and half the people I know sell them after the warranty is up because they cost too much to fix when they break.

The GTR is also a nice option, but the cost over MSRP right now is not worth it and there is not WAY I am paying $1000 for a stupid inspection every time I take the car to the track just so I can keep my warranty. That is retarded.

7. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Personally, I would. But I like to change my cars just for fun anyways. NSXTER has a beaut of an NSX in Long Beach Blue that I would trade my car (plus some $$$) for in a heartbeat. He'll never part with that car though.
    Why would someone be offended by the subject (I didn't read the whole thread)?
    BT

8. 348SStb

348SStb F1 Rookie
    Owner

The question is, do you have any experience driving Ferraris; and in particular, have you driven the 348?

9. sspooner

sspooner Karting

Jan 14, 2007
    Sunnyvale, CA
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Funny, I've been in an NSX too and was less than impressed.
    The really funny part was that he hated it when people kept asking if it was a ferrari.

:-D

Also, we're overlooking the part that no matter what the NSX owners here are saying about 348's, at least one amongst them thinks the 348 is better, or he wouldn't be willing to trade.

:)

10. netviper

netviper Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Saint Augustine
    Full Name:
    Dave
    No I have never driven a 348. I have driven a 308 and 360. I have been a passenger on a race track in a 308, 512TR, 550, 348, 355, 360, 360CS, 430, F40 and the 599.

I love Ferrari, so don't get my wrong, but IMO the NSX is a superior car to the 328-348. Just my opinon. Yours may differ. (obviously since you own one)

Have you ever driven a 2005 or 97+ NSX?

11. 348SStb

348SStb F1 Rookie
    Owner

I would invite you to read my previous post on this subject in this very thread, although I will warn you that you may not like what you will be reading! The short answer is, yes, I have a huge amount of experience driving (as daily drivers) 3 out of the 4 different NSX generations.

Anyway, I don't wish to be a hijacker of this thread, as an exchange between you and me is probably not what the original poster desires.

12. tchaic

tchaic Formula Junior

Jul 11, 2004
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris M.....
    Yes...

I had a 355 for 3 years and loved every minute of it and put over 60,000 miles on it. I had a 355 Spyder for about 1 year and loved only 1/2 the time spent with it. The other 1/2 I wanted to set it on fire because it was in the shop! I think 2006 was the last year for the NSX not 2005 though.

13. gothspeed

gothspeed F1 World Champ

May 26, 2006
    U.S.A.
    Full Name:
    goth
    ..... and here I was thinking this was going to be a fun thread........:( ........................... no one denies the pluses of an NSX..... there are plenty........... just like the pluses of any other car on this planet........sheesh.... :rolleyes:

14. netviper

netviper Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Saint Augustine
    Full Name:
    Dave

I have read similar stories on the 355.

2005 was the last year for the NSX.

15. netviper

netviper Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Saint Augustine
    Full Name:
    Dave

I read your opinons on the NSX in this thread but I am still not convinced you have driven one..

95/96 were the worst years for the car. The gearing was slightly better than in 91-94, but the car was a lot heavier with the same HP. They were the slowest of all NSX's. Yet you say they are the best years????

The gearing on the 91-94 was not good at all. 2nd gear was too tall. There was a noticeable drop in power when the car drops out of vtec between 1-2. yet you say the 5-speed was perfect???

97+ are the best years for the NSX IMO. The steering is certainly not overboosted. The gearing is PERFECT. The car stays in the power band in all shifts. The NA2 NSX is significantly faster than the 91-96 cars.

I never had a problem with any clutch in my NSX's. The 97 clutch was a little heavier than the earlier cars. At least that is my experience.

16. Armenhaz

Armenhaz Karting

Nov 8, 2005
    Glendale, CA
    Full Name:
    Armen
    5. Ladies can drive it too!

OK, that's it, if I had any thought of recommending the NSX, #5 really killed it!!! I would stick with the 348 since the LADIES CAN'T DRIVE IT!!!

17. netviper

netviper Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Saint Augustine
    Full Name:
    Dave
    LOL. Keep in mind any grandma can drive an F1 tranny..

18. 348SStb

348SStb F1 Rookie
    Owner

You are entitled to your opinions, and I am entitled to mine. I think that the 1997 and 2002 revisions were steps backward -- not forward; and I stated my reasons why. Those are my opinions and they are well taken (in my opinion). You disagree, and that is fine. Disagree but please do not tell me they are incorrect opinions because there never has been such a thing in the history of the world. There have been poorly formulated opinions, but I assure you mine on this subject are not.

But what is this nonsense that you aren't convinced that I have driven one? I have thousands and thousands of miles driving the '96, '97, and '02 NSXs -- all as daily drivers. What in the world are you talking about that I haven't driven one?

19. 348SStb

348SStb F1 Rookie
    Owner

I see where this is going... sorry Goth (and others).

20. gothspeed

gothspeed F1 World Champ

May 26, 2006
    U.S.A.
    Full Name:
    goth
    .............+1.........:eek:

21. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    As a 328 I owner, I sense a potential opportunity to be offended! :)

You either sign up for the Ferrari experience -- exotic style, exotic engine sounds, hardcore driver's car, stupid parts prices and expensive maintenance -- or you buy something else and rationalize whatever else you bought.

The 328, like a 348, isn't going to blow too many 2005 cars off the track. Nor would a Daytona or Dino 246. There are a lot of reasons to own these cars, and beating the current year Corvette isn't all that relevant. The 328 tops out between 155-160mph, and anything beyond that I'll have to concede to the guy in the faster car.

22. NSXLuvr

NSXLuvr Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2006
    Tx
    Full Name:
    Ritesh
    I am going to leave this thread alone....

Just to clarify a few things:

1. 2005 is the last year.
    2. 1995 - 1996 are considered the slowest years.

Fastest would be a 1999 Alex Zanardi coupe. Otherwise most people would opt for 1997+ coupe, or a 1997 - 2005 unless you want to mod. Pre 94 would be a good choice since it has OBD I so they have more mod potential.

GL.

23. Elliott

Elliott Karting

Jun 28, 2007
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Elliott
    Wrong place to post that!!
    Why are we even comparing a Honda product to a Ferrari! A honda is a honda, and a Ferrari is a Ferrari. Enough said!
    The NSX can try all it wants to be a Ferrari, but at the end of the day it will always be a Honda.
    The 348 is one of the most beautiful Ferrari's ever made! The reason the 348 is such a quintessential Ferrari and one that will always be one of the worlds most beautiful cars, lies in its timeless execution of the Ferrari image. It's design is not overburdened by unnecessary excess, it is purpose built.

Today I was driving through Sausalito(a small tourist town of Marin county over looking SF) and stopped to get some Ice cream, in a matter of thirty minutes at least one hundred people stopped to look at it! Not to mention the thirty plus people who not only took pictures of it but lined up to take their picture with it! That would never happen in a Honda.

24. wingfeather

wingfeather F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2007
    rock bottom
    What is their current flaghsip? Accord?

+1 People love a Ferrari.

25. bushwhacker

bushwhacker In Memoriam

May 25, 2006
    Phoenix Az.
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    What is with this subject that brings out every non existent or low poster that no one in this community has ever heard of? Please go back to where you came from. Most (not all) of you know jack of what you speak as you have never owned or experienced a Ferrari first hand and all you are doing is showing your Ferrari envy, whether you realize it or not. Obviously, some visitors here take great pride in stirring things up to create turmoil, not debate, in a usually peaceful, informative forum. I have owned both an NSX and a few Ferrari's and think they are both amazing examples of style and engineering for different reasons entirely, period!, end of story, so give it a rest. If you would try the search function on this site you would see that this subject has been hotly debated to death with some of the troll offenders being permanently banned or the thread being locked by a moderator, thank god. You might even learn something with a little research. Drive what you like and let the rest of us do the same in peace. You will not convince anyone on this site that your machine is better than the other guys so please let this ridiculous debate be over and don't drag us through another Ford Vs.Chevy childish bunch of crap. Chris buy the NSX to experience another great classic sports car of style and technology. But don't sell the Ferrari as you will regret it and as SOME of us know, there is nothing, and I mean nothing to compare with the Ferrari experience. To quote Ferris Bueller "It is so choice! if you have the means I highly recommend picking one up."