360 or Maserati | FerrariChat

360 or Maserati

Discussion in '360/430' started by 360Fanatic, Feb 20, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 360Fanatic

360Fanatic Rookie

Feb 20, 2008
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Nick B
    I am in the market for a new car my debate is that with my last 355 i bought it at 85k and then had to put 11k into the car after about 2 years and i feel like i have just had to invest so much in the car that i feel like it was not even worth it. Now i was thinking about either a 00-01 360 or a new Quattroporte or the Gransport i know that it would be cheaper to go with the Maserati but I was thinking I want the car to last for a good amount of years to be my car i drive about 5% of the time. Now with the Maserati the cars Resell value would drop dramatically correct? And the 360's value would of course lower as i racked the miles but would remain the price better correct? I just have so many different thoughts to both sides i was just hoping you guys could help me decide. Thank you!

2. MufflerMan

MufflerMan Formula 3

Jun 12, 2005
    Sacramento Ca
    Full Name:
    Colby Sandman
    None of these are super reasonable purchases. They are all luxury items and you should follow what interests you the most, not necesarily what is the better of the choices. Your name you use should make the choice for you.

P.S. Fill in your profile and you will get more responses, people here like to know who they are talking too. Welcome to F-chat.

3. 360Fanatic

360Fanatic Rookie

Feb 20, 2008
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Nick B
    Thank you this is the first resonable post i have gotten. Most people respond to my jokes with sarcasim... I already have a CS i was just wondering if anyone had a experience with a 360 and Maserati and the ups and downs. Thanks though!

4. Fmax

Fmax Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2007
    Prague, CZ
    Full Name:
    Max

Well, to be sarcastic again you already are 27 and own a CS and a 430, well at least according to your profile. What are you woried about resell value for because you are obviously a multi millionaire. If you drive a CS why why are you asking questions about a modena? The CS is a 360. Sorry man but your questions sound naive to me from someone who already "owns" 2 ferraris.

5. NomadM3

NomadM3 Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    Full Name:
    Damon
    Why are you asking this question if you already own two modern Ferraris?

6. jbdmd

jbdmd Formula 3

Sep 30, 2007
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Doc Jay
    I think your question is striking people on this forum a little strange. We are thinking something like "Why would a guy who has a CS and a 430 be asking such simplistic questions about a 360??" Many may also find it difficult to take you seriously b/c your writing style comes off a bit...well....adolescent. Also, you filled out your profile a bit strangely. You said you have no "current Ferrari's" but under "other cars owned" you put a 360 CS and a 430. Look, we want to help you but as you can imagine this board has its share of "Wanna Be's" who are not always truthful...heck I wanna-be driving a 599 :) But, please work on being more forthcoming and think out/type out your question a bit better and you will likely get more help. Also, include pics of your cars, we would all love to see them.

Best

7. 360Fanatic

360Fanatic Rookie

Feb 20, 2008
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Nick B
    Haha... Yeah i figured most people would be confused why I would go from a CS to a 360? Well here it is a found a beautiful Dark Blue 360 F1 Spider with Black rims that i fell in love with. I started this topic because i have never owned a Maserati and was wondering if anyone could give me the ups and downs. But as of now i have convinced myself other wise and I am going for the 360. About my age FMax when i turned 22 the "Family Business" was handed down to me which was recently appraised at being worth close to 250million. And being young and in love with Ferrari's why not? I have a 5 car garage attached to my house and just built another 4 car garage in hopes to extend from 2 to 4.

8. Fmax

Fmax Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2007
    Prague, CZ
    Full Name:
    Max
    Well, we are going to need pics now of the cars,the house and 5 car garage for your fchat initiation then. Cars would be a good start.

9. masar

masar Formula 3

Aug 19, 2007
    Czech republic
    Full Name:
    Petr
    Now with your corrected profile about personal Ferrraris is everything more clear :) Good luck with the blue Spider, post some pictures later...

10. vdb

vdb Karting

Jun 3, 2007
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    Virgil DiBiase
    Yes, pics please...

11. 360Fanatic

360Fanatic Rookie

Feb 20, 2008
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Nick B
    Will do ill take pictures of the house and the ladies as soon as it stops ice/snowing out... :-/

12. Fmax

Fmax Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2007
    Prague, CZ
    Full Name:
    Max
    You mean you have owned these 2 ferrari cars only through the winter and never taken a picture of them? Or do you own an old instamatic camera without a scanner? The first thing I did was take some pics with my camera phone.

13. 360Fanatic

360Fanatic Rookie

Feb 20, 2008
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Nick B
    To be completely honest i dont even own a digital camera anymore mine was stolen a while back and I never took enough pictures to think about buying another one... All my pictures are taken on my iPhone! Ill put them up as soon as this sleet stops were supposed to get 24 hours of sleet here...

14. MufflerMan

MufflerMan Formula 3

Jun 12, 2005
    Sacramento Ca
    Full Name:
    Colby Sandman
    I could go for a picture of them in the garage.

15. The Ape

The Ape Formula 3

Feb 28, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ape
    Anyone who has a 250 million dollar business would not be boasting about it on a public forum. Your posts make no sense at all. If your so well to do than go buy a Maserati and return it if you dont like it. OR do what I do and rent the car for a week before buying one. Whatever the case may be I think your being dishonest.
    Where is Simon......we need some quotes from him and fast

16. Derek Trotter

Derek Trotter Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 28, 2007
    Cambridge, UK
    Sniff, sniff..........what's that smell?

17. Fmax

Fmax Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2007
    Prague, CZ
    Full Name:
    Max

yep, the BS radar is bleeping on max reading del boy.

18. The Ape

The Ape Formula 3

Feb 28, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ape
    Smells like Teen Spirit

19. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    So you are part owner of a quarter billion business and you are worried about depreciation on a 100k$ car ?

Lets see the Iphone pics of the current 5 cars garage...

20. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    ...sorry, nobody with a business worth that would say that; they would require more discretion...secondly 11K in maintanence is not worth mentioning if one has such assets...

21. jbdmd

jbdmd Formula 3

Sep 30, 2007
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Doc Jay
    How much does this happen guys??

Lets say this guy turns out to be a kid playing with dads computer. How often do you guys see this? Disappointing that people at any age would pretend to be something they are not.

22. stitcher

stitcher Karting

Dec 14, 2007
    So Cal

OK, so now you need to post picture of the iPhone.

23. The Ape

The Ape Formula 3

Feb 28, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ape
    C'mom....where's the pics!!!! Were calling you out bro....now step up

24. stitcher

stitcher Karting

Dec 14, 2007
    So Cal
    LOL - Bro, welcome to FChat!!!!

25. wrecktech

wrecktech Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2004
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Often and the "detectives" on here usually sniff them out in just a few posts. They can be merciless. Makes for some good threads.