Headlights Help | FerrariChat

Headlights Help

Discussion in '308/328' started by rokodude, Mar 1, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rokodude

rokodude Karting

Dec 3, 2007
    Overton Nevada
    Full Name:
    Michael J Greco
    I have a 1986 Mondial 3.2.My headlights don`t come on when they raise up,but come on in the lowered position.As soon as they come wu the lights go out.Could I have one of the relays in the wrong position?Double checked by part number.They seem to be in the right place.Thanks in advance for your help.

2. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    It's either a bad relay, or one in the wrong position. Since several of the relays are the same, try switching them around to see if the symptoms move to some other system.

Then try searching Tech Q&A for headlights, the 308s have essentially the same system & this has come up several times.

3. SeattleM5

SeattleM5 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 9, 2006
    Kirkland, Washington
    Full Name:
    Ettore Palazzo
    I had the same problem in my 86 328 after I changed out all of my relays for new ones. The problem is likely with your "Relay for light lifting motors (with low beams on)." The 328 manual calls for a Bosch 0332014113 relay in this position, so I was a bit confused when the old one I pulled out was a Bosch 0332204101. Figuring the previous owner had screwed up and put the wrong relay in sometime in the past, I decided to put in the 0332014113 as per the manual. Had the same symptoms you did, changed the relay back to the 0332204101 and everything was back to normal. Hope this helps.

4. rokodude

rokodude Karting

Dec 3, 2007
    Overton Nevada
    Full Name:
    Michael J Greco
    I swaped the relays.Everything now ok.Thanks for the info.Made a noye in my manual.

5. bocaspyder360

bocaspyder360 Karting

Jan 18, 2008
    I have the same issue on my 308 but its a connection problem at the steering wheel.. the light stalk.. sometimes when I turn it to have the lights come on they do... other times it doesnt till i jiggle it...