Legal city race anyone? | FerrariChat

Legal city race anyone?

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Bari989, Mar 16, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bari989

Bari989 Rookie

Mar 16, 2008
    #1 Bari989, Mar 16, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I have an idea to create a circuit/sprint race in Keizer. I have talked with many chamber members and a few police officers, they seem willing to put forth the effort to create a path through the city. I'm organizing this race for next year for May 17th or 18th of 2009. I need to get a list of people and cars that would be willing to come to Keizer, OR. So, are there any of you that would be willing to travel to Keizer, OR and do a race through the city?

Also, I need some ideas on what kinda of race you would want.

This is what I was thinking
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Ackmann

Ackmann Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2007
    Salem Oregon
    Full Name:
    Wayne Ackermann
    I live at the lake in Keizer and will be willing to help 100% on this. Already working with the alfa club on the Monte Shelton NW Classic rally. Let me know what you need or when you want to meet and discuss. Love the idea and very good at helping put on events so PM me and we can exchange info. TSD Rallies are legal and fun, especialy if the police will close part of the courses and let you hang it out a little. I run my cars around alot of the course you've laid out and they hare great strait streches with 15&20 mph corners connecting. Only other concerns will be some of the neighbors acceptance.

3. Exotica Motorsports

Nov 1, 2003
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Jason Godsil
    I would love to but I don't think the insurance company would like it.

4. Bari989

Bari989 Rookie

Mar 16, 2008
    live a little! You never know what will be around the next corner, regardless of speed!

5. 993 911

993 911 Formula Junior

Jan 16, 2007
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Jack D
    I'd be down.

6. dinogt4guy

dinogt4guy F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2004
    Hewitt, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Kurtis Fordice
    Sounds like fun. Will these be street cars or actual race cars? Going against the clock or head to head racing?

Cheers!

7. ndnguyen

ndnguyen Karting

Jul 27, 2005
    How about closed loop multilaps racing?

8. Ace503

Ace503 Formula 3

Feb 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Korben Dallas
    +1. Either close the loop and have several laps, or make the course longer.

... now you have my brain ticking... what about a hood to coast sprint for sports cars? :D

9. sunnynw

sunnynw Rookie

Mar 17, 2008
    Bari,
    Please feel free to contact me directly to discuss your plan, our group might be able to help you.

stagerally at oregonrally.com

Regards,
    Teresa Buren
    Oregon Rally Group
    Stage Rally Director

10. 993 911

993 911 Formula Junior

Jan 16, 2007
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Jack D
    In this state of tree huggers? Good luck persuading them to let us drive downtown anymore.

11. zippyslug31

zippyslug31 Formula 3

Sep 28, 2007
    PDX
    Full Name:
    Kevin M.
    I'd certainly be down and I'm sure you would get a ton of ppl coming out of the woodwork.

But there inlies the problem: how can you safely operate such an event? As previously mentioned, insurrance?
    This seems like a pipe dream to me, but I'll go on record as saying "it would be fun".

Good luck getting the numerous roadblocks out of the way.....