328 How to recondition parking/fog switches? | FerrariChat

328 How to recondition parking/fog switches?

Discussion in '308/328' started by ducowti, Apr 8, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ducowti

ducowti Formula 3

Jan 27, 2008
    NY/SC
    Full Name:
    David
    My rear fog switch is bad; I searched and found how to recondition/repair hazard and window switches but not parking or fog (same type of course). Can anyone help with this or am I on my own to break it trying to get it apart :)

2. ducowti

ducowti Formula 3

Jan 27, 2008
    NY/SC
    Full Name:
    David
    #2 ducowti, Apr 8, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Well, I got the switch apart and spent a lot of time futzin with it, sanding contacts, etc, and couldn't get it to work the fogs. Anyway thought I'd post a few pics of how I got the switch apart for anyone else doing same:

using an eyeglass flathead screwdriver (smallest one) I pried the outside housing away from the 4 tangs that grab from inside enough to shim the pried housing with toothpicks (to keep the tangs from catching); one at each tang. This is important since it's very difficult to hold two shims (screwdrivers I first tried, one each side), hold the switch in one hand w.the other grab the inner's male spade (short one) using pliers, which is the next step.

If you've shimmed the tang points enough w.the toothpicks it'll slide right out as you carefully pull w.the pliers.

Maybe someone has a better way of skinning this cat but it worked for me!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login