VALENCIA European GP F1 Race SOLD OUT | FerrariChat

VALENCIA European GP F1 Race SOLD OUT

Discussion in 'F1' started by RP, Apr 11, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    (interesting the percentage of tickets sold to foreigners)

European Grand Prix organisers have revealed all tickets for the inaugural race at the Valencia street circuit have been sold out already.

The 112,771 tickets were put up for sale at the start of the month and only 8,000 were left after the first day.

On Friday, organisers said there were no tickets left.

Nearly 40 per cent of the seats have been sold abroad, while the other 60 per cent have been bought in Spain.

Jorge Martinez 'Aspar', Chief Executive of organisers Valmor Sports, said he was "very happy with how tickets have sold."

"We knew that there was lots of expectation but frankly it never crossed my mind that a sellout would be reached in 10 days," he added.

"From now on we will have to reconsider the demand and give way to the different kinds of products that we have created, such as the Motor Box Experience that will take place in Feria Valencia, which is a great opportunity for the younger fans to enjoy Formula One in Valencia, with all the incentives and at a very competitive price."

The race will take place on August 24.

2. robert_c

robert_c F1 Rookie

May 12, 2005
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Robert C
    My guess is that if FA was doing better, more Spanish tickets would be sold.

3. Wolfgang5150

Wolfgang5150 F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    It was also reported that tickets for Barcelona are not selling as well as year's past. Alonso' mid-field showing combined with Valencia contributing to that..........

4. jbanzai

jbanzai Formula 3

Feb 1, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Full Name:
    Julio
    The Valencia GP is August 24th. Guess what is Valencia and all the coast in Spain is full of in those dates... Germans, Italians and British....

Not only that most of that 40% that went to foreigners was sold straight on the first day of sale to pre booked orders, like BookF1 and Travel agencies. I got mine day one and went through hell to get it in the first 4 hours, by 14:00 the computers were saying that all was sold out. The remaining 8000 sold in the next 10 days, were just becuse they came from cancelled reserves or changes.

I know lots of friends that could not get a ticket.

- Julio.

5. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Valencia has an enormous attraction: This race is just as cool, beautiful, spectacular and easy to go to as Monaco but likely at half the cost (or less). And with the harbor area beefed up already for the Admirals cup, what's not to like? Definitely on my list of things to do.

Thanks for the heads up Ron.

6. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def

Anybody here going? I would love to see photos upon their return. Isn't this also a night race? This may be the race to attend in the future. I hear food is great in this part of Spain, tacos, burritos, enchiladas, etc.

Maybe I am thinking about a different Spanish speaking country? :{

Oh, yes, that's Cailfornia, not Spain.

7. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I was trying to convince my buddy to attend Valencia, but I think he is opting for Spa instead. Can't argue against the track there, but I wish him luck finding a hotel room.

I can't wait either to see pictures, my sense is that it will be spectacular views.

No, not a night race, only Singapore at this point. Wouldn't make sense since Valencia being in Europe already is in prime time TV.

The food in Spain is out of this world finger licking good. But more along the lines of tapas, paella and sangria. :)