So who owns or is a part owner of a racing team here? | FerrariChat

So who owns or is a part owner of a racing team here?

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by Ryan S., Apr 16, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ryan S.

Ryan S. Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
    Seeing as how my dreams of being F1 champion are falling apart very quickly i now must turn to the owner side of things. I know its just pissing money away for the most part but i am pretty good at that so i think i would be a good team owner. Just curious about any good tales/advice/etc. etc. of being a team owner or part owner...

2. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Do slot cars count? If so Andreas is the Penske of the slot car world.

3. Ryan S.

Ryan S. Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
    Yes, they do...My father and brothers were into all that but sadly at the time I was much too young to give any worthwhile advice regarding how my dad was or should of been running the team. If I remember correctly they had mediocre results at best(fairly positive they would of done much better if i had been old enough to put in a word of advice or two) but they did have some sweet equipment. I remember my brother having this really neat 917 looking car, always jealous of that thing

4. ProRallyCodriver

ProRallyCodriver Formula 3

Oct 25, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    Full Name:
    Dave Shindle
    Send me the $ and then come hang out at our races. Then sign some mega corporation as marketing sponsors/partners to pay all the teams expenses and turn a profit. Its that easy. PM me for where to send your $.

BTW, I work for Penske but way down on the totem pole.

5. Anthony_Ferrari

Anthony_Ferrari Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Sheffield, UK
    Full Name:
    Anthony Currie
    I have a slot car set too! I also play in a fantasy F1 league. Have you tried http://www.GPManagerPro.com/?aff=T6181? It's a great GP Manager game. I've just started my 6th season and I'm now producing my own engines. One of my drivers is injured so he's out for 3 races.
    Good luck with your real/non-virtual career.

:)

6. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

Part owner.

7. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    I am 100% owner of my racing team and can honestly say there is a lot of money in racing because I put it there.
    Badda bump.

8. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

More deserving of a rimshot.

9. Bukem

Bukem Karting

Sep 27, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Ben M
    I'm involved in a new team about to enter the FIA historic GT & Touring Car championship in Europe. We've got a 1976 BMW CSL (batmobile) that's finally finished (full rebuild - back to metal, engine rebuild), prepared by Tech Speed in the UK (great little prep outfit, once ran Gil De Ferran in British F3).

Car's had a full shakedown at Silverstone, & we've got two former FIA GT drivers / owners. Car raced 24 of Spa (pre-rebuild) and went very well.

I'm heading up the marketing, sponsor liaison, car washing and wheel nut tightening if needed! It's a fun little hobby team but damn it's hard work. We were looking at doing the 360 Challenge a couple of years back, but the old adage of 'never race with your own money' made that a little tricky!