Looking for Ferrari Service options near Northern VA | FerrariChat

Looking for Ferrari Service options near Northern VA

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by GeoMetry, Apr 20, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GeoMetry

GeoMetry Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2008
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Richard
    It has been a while (17 years) since I sold my previous 308. I used to have it serviced at American Service Center in Arlington. I now have another 308 and fortunately I live about 5 miles from Ferrari of Washington (FOW) out here in Loudoun County. They treat me quite well and when I drop the car off they even give me a ride home. I was just wondering if there are any other options I should consider in the area. I have heard about Competizione up in Gaithersburg. How do they compare to FOW? Are there any other qualified service locations in the area? How do the costs compare? Recommendations?

2. davebdave

davebdave Formula 3
    Owner

Mar 18, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Dave W
    I wouldn't take my car anywhere other that Competizione! Super clean shop. You mentioned before that you are a do it yourself-er. Fernando and Richard will honestly tell you what is involved in a job and you can decide if you want to take it on. They are reasonably priced and have saved me a ton of money. Fantastic people too.

Congratulations on the 308.

I'll see you around in NOVA
    Dave

3. John Dowling

John Dowling Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2006
    Richmond, VA
    Full Name:
    John Dowling
  4. GeoMetry

GeoMetry Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2008
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Richard
    So both of the respondents so far drive past FOW in order to get their cars serviced at Competizione.

5. davebdave

davebdave Formula 3
    Owner

Mar 18, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Dave W

Yes,
    I use the parts dept at FOW from time to time and they are very friendly there. If you can find a new part elsewhere (online), they will often match the price.

I can't say anything bad about the FOW service department, it's just that as a rule I never take my cars to a dealer to be serviced. My impression is that I get better attention to detail, and value at Competizione.

Dave

6. SEAL2CC

SEAL2CC Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2005
    I have my cars taken up - or drive them - to Competizione..

7. THE BEAST 360

THE BEAST 360 Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Nathan K
    FOWho?
    IMHO The best guys around are Richard, Fernando and Alex at Competizione!

8. davebdave

davebdave Formula 3
    Owner

Mar 18, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Dave W
    I haven't met Alex yet, I didn't mean to snub him before...
    Dave

9. ALPO

ALPO Formula 3

May 13, 2005
    Annapolis area
    Full Name:
    alpo
    Add a TR and 360 owner to Competizione fan club...had some issues w/both FMoW and MoB on the TR which were eventually resolved by Fernando and Richard. No need to go into details, just give them a try. Both are former ace techs at FMoW. Best service I have ever had in >15 years of F-car ownership.

10. GeoMetry

GeoMetry Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2008
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Richard
    Well the results are overwhelmingly in favor of Competizione. I guess I have to give them a try. This only sucks because I live a stones throw from FOW. Actually I am probably less than 10 miles from Competizione but the Potomac River is in the way.

11. fasthound

fasthound Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 23, 2003
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    OK, so I guess I have to ask....if FoW give you good service and they are so close to you, why are you looking elsewhere? Don't get me wrong...the guys at Competizione are fantastic, factory trained technicians and great guys to deal with and you absolutely won't be disappointed, but if you like FoW and they treat you well, why drive so far out of your way for an alternative? Just curious.

12. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    +1 competizione. It's worth the drive. pretty sure their rate is below fow as well.

13. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    Welcome back dummy.