Lurkers -- come out and play | Page 23 | FerrariChat

Lurkers -- come out and play

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by GrigioGuy, Feb 3, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    Welcome to F-Chat Steve...best of luck on your timetable...of course, with the way Ferrari is doingthings now, you may have to order the car as soon as it's announced so you can wait to get it!!! :D

Looking forward to your entries in Business and P&R....

Mike in Kuwait

2. OKA

OKA Karting

May 7, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Very well said

Hi everyone. I'm 33 from Houston. I've been lurking for a few weeks now. I've learned alot about the car that I love. One thing I didn't know is that alot of people like to work on their own Ferrari. I was a member of the corvette forum. I learned alot there about my Corvette so I didn't have to take it to the Stealership to have it worked on every time a some thing came up that I thought was a major issue that turned out to be very minor. Like a little fuse needing to be taken out for a minute and put back in.

I'm looking for my first a Red/tan 360 right now. I feel alot better buying a Ferrari now because I know I am not alone and everyone here is willing to help each other out.

3. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    Julia,

Do it... you'll NEVER regret it...

Mike in Kuwait

4. Komotep

Komotep Karting

May 5, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    steve
    Thanks for the warm welcome Mike.

5. rauldejalapeno

rauldejalapeno Karting
    BANNED

Apr 21, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy Bush
    Hello, everyone! I'm Randy from Plano, TX. I just moved here from SW Colorado in late February to take a tech position with Boardwalk Ferrari/Maserati here in Plano. European cars have been my love since I started as a tech with a Renault dealer in my hometown of Pittsburgh, PA in 1979. I've been a tech for 32 years and have my Technician Masters certification with Renault, Porsche, Audi & Saab. As you can see, this means I've done the German thing, the French thing & the Swedish thing & they were all great. However, I've always admired the raw beauty (& performance) of an Italian car, weather designed by Pininfarina, Bertone or Touring. In 2006, I was at a point in my life where I really wanted to do something different & make a great finish to my automotive career (I'll be 52 on Friday). As chance would have it, my girlfriend & I went to Italy in September of that year for 2+ weeks. That sealed the deal! I was totally hooked by the gorgeous cars everywhere! By November, I was laying down plans to go to work for Ferrari/Maserati with the intention of retiring to Italy at some point. I sent my 1st resume to Boardwalk in Feburary of 2007 & started a year later. Now here & in the fray, I absolutely love every nut & bolt (& data byte) of both the Ferraris & Maseratis! They're all I could have hoped for & I really appreciate my customer base....fantastic people & VERY enthusiastic for their cars. I've been watching this board for a while & I really like all the contributions from the various members. I've learned a great deal just lurking & observing. So just wanted to say "Hi'.

6. cyclistdan

cyclistdan Rookie

May 12, 2008
    Howdy from Houston.

Just signed up and wanted to say hi! I'm 28 and a banking and finance grad working my way up in a growing bank. I've been a car nut sence I was in diapers. My dad claims my first word was Lamborghini! No Ferraris in the family now but my dad did have 3, 275 gtb/4, 250 SWB berlinetta, and a 330.

My brother got a job as a tech for Aston Marton/Lotus and found me a great deal on an Elise which is an incredible little car. My dream Ferrari is the 550 Barchetta and a 275 gtb/4 NART spyder.

7. Infinity_Racer

Infinity_Racer Karting

Apr 1, 2008
    Central Fl.
    Full Name:
    Gus B
    im pretty much a lurker here and just wanted to say hey. My name is Gus and i currently live in central florida. i am 32 years old. probably some of you guys saw a 06 blue gto at the 2008 celebration exotic car rally. (embarassed) my wife was driving and i just had to work! my wife and i are currently debating on getting a 348 and trading in the gto but i just cant let go of that car. i always loved ferrari's ever since the miami vice testarossa. well...that's enough of my story.

8. George Matthews

May 17, 2008
    Oxford, England
    Full Name:
    George Matthews
    My name is George Matthews. I am a student at Oxford and have a weak spot for fast cars. I go to every Ferrari show I can possibly go to and hope to work as a salesman in later life. I have sat inside many supercars including Ferrari's and am delighted to be part of the Ferrari Chat team.

9. DaudiW.

DaudiW. Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2006
    Europe & USA
    Full Name:
    William David
    well, if you CAN have both... why not? The two cars are respectively different on purpose isnt it.. The 599 is one of the best Ferraris ever made, and THE best front engine Ferrari. It is probably better than most of its European rivals aswell (Vanquish, DB9s, etc)
    If you need that sort of cruiser, keep the 599 - if you want the fun factor and the slight clash of flamboyance and pure class, keep the 430 as well.

Whether you asked or not:
    I would not want both in one stable.. I would actually prefer to have the 430 with a mucielago and/or the 599 with a Gallardo SE... If i still wanted a front engine performer whist having a rear engine Ferrari, i would rather save the money and go for an AMG 63 of the CL or SL.

10. modmaki

modmaki Formula 3

Sep 11, 2006
    Michigan,USA
    Full Name:
    Mo Makki
    Hey Youper...we at FOC-Michigan will be taking a wine tour and an over nite trip to upper-lower michigan...keep an eye on the michigan thread...your welcome to come down from the UP and see us....MO

11. Freelander

Freelander Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2007
    Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Travis R.
    Not sure if I'm considered a "lurker" or not, but most people probably don't know me. So I'll go ahead and introduce myself.

My name is Travis, I'm 22 years old and live in a town you've never heard of in central Kentucky. I love to travel. Anywhere. My girlfriend lives in Mt. Dora, Florida so I visit her quite often there. I've been all over the east coast, and have been in every single New England state except Vermont. I've never been any farther west than west Arkansas. I go to a private University in west Tennessee. Thanks for having me here :)

Oh, fun fact: I love exotics (obviously), but I can count the number of Ferraris I've seen on half of one hand.

Cheers.

12. BShof

BShof Rookie

May 17, 2008
    SA TX
    Full Name:
    B. Shofner
    My name is Brian, 27, and I've only been lurking for a week. I like to get a hold of the board culture before I post so I'm not "that" guy who comes crashing in. Not an owner just yet, but certainly will be. While I appreciate Ferrari's history, I'm spoiled with technology and love the latest and greatest and thus I'm much more passionate about current models. Can you still be considered a Ferrari enthusiast with this attitude? Just recently got interested in exotics and have focused on Ferrari the last month or so, so we are on our third or fourth date and quickly falling in love. Looking forward to getting to know some of the guys on the board and sharing a passion about F cars.

Freelander, you wouldn't happen to be from/near Campbellsville KY would you?

13. Freelander

Freelander Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2007
    Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Travis R.
    I have several friends that go to Campbellsville University. I'm only about an hour away :)

14. BShof

BShof Rookie

May 17, 2008
    SA TX
    Full Name:
    B. Shofner
    My dad's side of the family is from there. Unfortunately fried food and tobacco has wiped out a lot of us up there. Beautiful part of the country though. I go to Louisville a couple of times a year and love the trip.

15. jais

jais Karting

May 27, 2005
    ATL
    Not sure what the record here at FChat is for lurking but I joined in May of 2005. So my first post was 3 years to the month of joining. At this rate of posting I will be well over 300 years old by my 100th post so I need to pick up the pace.

Basically, I decided to wait until I was an owner first. Personal choice and definitely not a negative reflection or comment on non owners who contribute regularly. I have owned a fleet of BMWs and have been a regular poster on the M6 board where I posted frequently before my M6 arrived.

Last month I became the proud owner of a red on tan, 2007 F430 (I'll post pictures this weekend) as well as a new E92 M3. I'll also subscribe this weekend as well.

16. Bukem

Bukem Karting

Sep 27, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Ben M
    I think I might have your record beaten. I joined in 2003 whilst looking for a 360 Challenge, and have racked up just over 220 posts since. I like to save them for more profound moments - a quality over quantity perspective.

I now don't own a car at all, but am involved in an FIA certified historic race team. I have extensive Ferrari experience though, from the mundane to the super-exotic and I know a few faces from here really quite well. I'm not shy, but a voracious reader, so I post - mainly in racing - where and when I think my expertise might be insightful and interesting.

City living is not conducive to ownership, though partials (like Ecurie25) are likely to get some of my money in the near future.

17. modena1_2003

modena1_2003 F1 Rookie

Aug 17, 2005
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Who is the FastLaneDaily.com lurker here?

While watching the May 27th episode, they spoke of the FXX with camo that has been a hot topic in the Supercar section of FChat for a little while now.

Everything the host said sounded like posts from FChat. Hmm....

Its good to see our words count comewhere! :D

_J

18. mvtm

mvtm Karting

Apr 19, 2008
    Venezuela
    Full Name:
    Maria
    My name is Maria.I am Italian and i live in Venezuela.I am 19 year old College Freshman.
    I came here because; 1.I dont know. 2.I wanted to lurk in a new board. 3.I like to read. 4.I have lots of free time.
    Emm.. Yes but No.Sincerely i believe Ferrari's are more of state of art.They are beautifully designed,and they can complement a beautiful home.

19. IcantDo55

IcantDo55 Rookie

Oct 16, 2005
    Va Beach
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Name is Mike, been lurking here for a few years. Love Ferrari's! Been to many a show and was @ the opening of the Wynn in Vegas to see his Awesome collection. Currently own a SC Mustang 600+ hp and a home built Turbo Miata that I auto-x.

Someday hope to get my hands on a Ferrari. Drove one once when I was valet parking when I was 18, wow I'm getting old that was 18 years ago.

20. tohubohu

tohubohu Karting

Jun 23, 2008
    NY NY
    Full Name:
    John Ford
    Negotiating a Maranello purchase as we chat. Will keep you posted

21. Orlando360

Orlando360 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 24, 2008
    Orlando and Richmond
    Full Name:
    Ray E
    My name is Ray. I'm an attorney practicing in Florida, Virginia, and DC. I just bought my second Ferrari and found out about this site from my salesman and a friend of mine. This site is a lot to take in! The tech info is great! Wish I know about this site when I had my TR! I've been lurking for a few days and finally decided to take the plunge.

22. Ibn Rushd

Ibn Rushd Karting

Jun 23, 2008
    Ottawa, Can
    Full Name:
    Shaan
    Hi,

My name is Shaan, and I'm 20 years old. I'm currently a student studying at Carleton University (Computer Science). I'm born and raised in Ottawa, Canada. It's also the home of my two businesses that I run along with going to school full time. One is a tech business, as in helping people with computer maintenance, websites, as well as anything computer related. The second is a wholesaling operation that I took over from my father as I do not want him running around all that much anymore.

I believe there are a few others here that i recognize from other forums, where I have the same screen name (Ibn Rushd) or my other name (Brown Chaos). I've been interested in Exotics since 1991 when i first played "Road and Track presents: The Need for Speed". I've been hooked ever since.

23. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Welcome Shaan to Ferrarichat, stick around & you might learn something.

24. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Welcome everyone to FerrariChat.com!

25. PanteraVegas

PanteraVegas Rookie

May 12, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Robert Douglas
    Hi all,

I've been reading for a while, and thought I should finally join as I keep getting closer to a Ferrari purchase.

I currently own a De Tomaso Pantera widebody (550hp, nothing stock but the interior) and a Porsche 996 C2 (really my wife's car - I drive it whenever I want to actually hear the radio).

Vegas is where I hang my hat, and I own a branding/graphic design firm. Starting a clothing company with designs for automotive enthusiasts in the next few months. Don't worry, I would never spam.

I know many of the Vegas members of this forum, and have even been "spotted". Actually that is when I joined, mostly so I could say "wahoo, that was me."

R.