Overcharged phone! | FerrariChat

Overcharged phone!

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Kruger, May 29, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Kruger

Kruger Karting

Dec 31, 2007
    Alta Loma, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    #1 Kruger, May 29, 2008
    Last edited: May 29, 2008
    Yes on the Memorial Day run, I was following Edward (known as the "Bird Hunter", jk) and the Crazy White GT3, WOW nice driving. My phone was plugged into the cigarette lighter charging. It was hard to keep up at 130 Mph. They seem to forget a cop car WILL NOT give chase at that speed but more importantly forgotten invention of the helicopter in 1907. At 130mph your cigarette lighter can fry your phone.

My phone can be replaced at any cost but I post this for the unforgotten importance of the "CONTACTS LIST", worth tens of thousands for some. Either back up your contacts to your computer, outlook in my case and thank god I did or loose all your info because your phone may not turn on again. But for best results when you see a cat n mouse game about to proceed, unplug the charger n hit that down shift.

2. gothemi8

gothemi8 Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2007
    So Cal/Central NY
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I'm just curious but do you know if your voltage regulator works properly? I saw this before school and asked my auto teacher about this. He said that no matter what rpms the engine is turning the voltage regulator should still only allow the same amount of voltage it would at idle. Then theres also the regulator on the cell phone charger itself for the phone to have the voltage it needs. I'm sure you know all this but I read this thread this morning and it really got me curious.

3. Kruger

Kruger Karting

Dec 31, 2007
    Alta Loma, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric

Actually I know nothing about this, I don't know if the regulator is working properly, but Verizon has told me this does happen. I fig my speed probably did help.

4. akinla

akinla Rookie

May 14, 2004
    What crazy gt3?

5. Dilancer

Dilancer F1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Dilan B.
    LOL. I think yours! :p

6. gothemi8

gothemi8 Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2007
    So Cal/Central NY
    Full Name:
    Alex
    oh maybe that could be the issue. But then again everything else electrical works right? I'm not the best person to ask about this but if every else in the car is in working order then I'm pretty sure the cars regulator is fine its just a strange occurence that it happend at such high speeds. Hopefully those with greater knowledge will comment on if I'm right on this or not.