TR Exaust | FerrariChat

TR Exaust

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by blown daytona, Jun 1, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. blown daytona

blown daytona Formula 3

Feb 6, 2008
    maryland
    My search for a really nice TR is finally over. I got an all original (inside & out) 91 with 5,700 miles on it. I want to put an exaust system on it (car is way to quiet) Any thoughts?? What are you guys running?? I was thinking of hyper-flow race pipes (both pre-cats & cats) and an x-ost muffler. Also, does anyone know if I need to reset the mixtire on the fuel distributers or will the feedback system automatically adjust for the difference.

2. JAYF

JAYF Formula 3

May 13, 2006
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Jay
    That combo is a bit too loud for me. I went with hyperflow pre-cats, cat delete pipes and a factory muffler. It has a better sound when idling albeit not to loud and really sound great when accelerating hard. It also much more responsive, and revs a lot easier.

3. Tifoso1

Tifoso1 F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Pacific NW
    Full Name:
    Anthony C.
    Any idea what type of power output you car is doing with that setup ? TIA.

4. 90koenigTR

90koenigTR Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    I. P. Freely
    If it's not a daily driver, louder is better!

5. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

We sent to a customer in California a few weeks ago:

HyperFlow Race pre-cats
    HyperFlow Race pipes
    X-OST/Maranello

The shop doing the installation was one of the most respected indie shops in California, and known for their TR expertise. The consensus was (their word, not mine) "dramatic" midrange power increase. Loud? Oh yes.

6. jselevan

jselevan Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    You have a P.M.

Jim S.

7. MannyGMT2

MannyGMT2 Formula Junior

Feb 27, 2006
    Montreal, Canada
    I got the X-OST and test pipes..... amazing set up... i have plenty of video clips ... pm me

8. KENCO

KENCO Formula 3

Nov 1, 2006
    FL
    Full Name:
    KJG
    Go with Ricambi. Period!

9. JAYF

JAYF Formula 3

May 13, 2006
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Jay
    I also got my HyperFlow Race pre-cats, HyperFlow Race pipes
    from Daniel at Ricambi. It is a great setup and the midrange increase is noticeable as stated and that is with a factory muffler. No idea about the hp increase, however it definitely feels faster and breathes a lot better. If you want loud, add the x-ost muffler to the above setup, however power output should be very similar no matter if you stick with the factory muffler or go with the x-ost. The power increase comes from the performance pre-cats and race pipes, from what I was told.

10. silvergts1998

silvergts1998 Formula 3

Apr 10, 2005
    ky
    Full Name:
    Adam
    I have a tubi with no cats and it sounds pretty good. Not too loud at idle but screams when you hit it. I am not a big tubi fan since I heard them on a lambo, but for some reason they sound great on the 512TR.

11. sparky p-51

sparky p-51 Formula 3

Aug 8, 2004
    klamath falls, Or.
    Full Name:
    steve
    Hollowed out pre cats, test pipes and two magnaflow 16" cans. Fairly lowd but not that high piched stuff. A lower deep sound. Excellent setup.

12. grantb

grantb Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Columbia SC
    Full Name:
    Danny Burnstein
    I have an 87 TR, and first tried a Stebro, not happy with the finish or the sound.
    Heard a TR with an X-Ost, and that was it.
    Got my system from Ricambi, LOVE it, the car sounds totally different, and in a very good way.
    Also the X-Ost looks great, it's nice to see the polished stainless through the back.
    Try going to You-Tube, I think there are a number of clips with X-ost systems.
    Good luck

13. blown daytona

blown daytona Formula 3

Feb 6, 2008
    maryland
    Thanks for the responses. Tomorrow, Ill spend some time on Utube and "demo" some systems. The wealth of knowledge and experience here is great. 10-15 years ago, I would have been flying by the seat of my pants, guessing at the proper system. Today I can just push a button and listen. Thanks again for the reponses!!!

14. vincenzo

vincenzo F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2003

how about some pics & clips?

Thanks,
    Vince

15. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    I have stock pre-cats with Capristo level "2" exhaust. (Competition only).

A nice full 12 cylinder sound that changes to an F1 style/12 cylinder shriek over 4k.

We made a couple of passes through a tunnel at Cannon Beach and it raised the hair on the back of our necks.

Many compliments and thumbs up on this one.

16. yellowtr

yellowtr Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I have an X-Ost, no cats...sounds epic. Added bonus is that it is not noise intrusive at crusing speeds :)