Maranello | FerrariChat

Maranello

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Oldnslow, Jun 2, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Oldnslow

Oldnslow Rookie

Mar 28, 2006
    I will be in Modena in early Sept and plan to visit the Ferrari museum (probably on a Saturday). Any suggestions on special things to see and do? I don't own a Ferrari (I'm a Porsche guy) so can't get into the factory, but would be interested in any suggestions on interesting things to do, Ferrari related. Thanks

2. tatcat

tatcat F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2001
    panama city beach FL
    Full Name:
    rick c
    #2 tatcat, Jun 2, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2008
    the test track occasionally has something going on. there are spots that you can see in from the street. the lambo factory and pagani are nearby too. they're quite accomodating to visitors. don't forget the balsamic vinegar and parma cheese and proscuitto ham. you could have lunch at the cavillino restaurant.

3. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    search button. there are many threads on this. a particularly good one in the mid-atlantic section.

4. PSP

PSP Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2001
    Lake Forest, CA USA
    Full Name:
    Patrick S. Perry
    Oldnslow from LGK?

5. tactical

tactical Guest

Jan 23, 2008
    Mate Even as a ferrari owner getting a factory visit is like getting blood from a stone.
    One suggestion is call into the zonda factory which is about 30 mins away from maranello. They are very friendly and although ringing ahead is polite, they will still welcome you into there small showroom. I met Mr Pagini on my second visit with out an appointment. Very friendly towards my family.

6. robertpel9

robertpel9 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2004
    Orange County CA
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I went here in the fall and we took a day and went to the Lambo factory where they took me right into the work cells, got to interact with some workers basically explained the production process and showed the differenced between the G and M car. One of the workers took a piece of scrap leather and embossed it with the lambo logo as a souvenir. Good place

We then went to the worlds largest Maserati collection on the Panini farm, i HIGHLY recommend this. The owner was there and spent 2 hours with me going thru many model, it is all maseratis downstairs including grand prix cars and a motorbike museum upstairs. Easily the nicest garage i have even been in.

We then went to the Ferrari factory obviously could not take a tour (I am not an owner) had lunch at Cavillino and did some shopping then went thru the museum which was ok

Ended the day at the Ducati factory

All in all a BUSY day but a great one nonetheless the Lambo tour and the Panini museum easily the highlight of the trip.

Good luck,
    Robert