Track days in Europe for 599 | FerrariChat

Track days in Europe for 599

Discussion in '612/599' started by Har, Jun 7, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Har

Har Rookie

Apr 14, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Full Name:
    H.N.AR
    i'm trying to locate a track to enjoy my 599 in Switzerland, France or surrounding countries, can i get advise from members who actually drove their cars in Europe on a track, i will be spending my summer in Geneva, Switzerland and would be willing to drive to the closest track to enjoy my car. I'v never been on a track day before, please advise on what to expect or how to go about a track day?
    thanks for your feed back guys.....

2. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher Karting

Feb 25, 2006
    Switzerland
    welcome to switzerland, one close circuit is circuit de bresse http://www.circuitdebresse.fr/ or what i would prefer is dijon http://www.circuit-dijon-prenois.com/ I have a link with all circuits in europe as well its in german but you can see all the tracks. I also drive a 599 and a CS in switzerland, the alpinepasses are great to discover (but be carefully the police is everywhere)

3. bjc138

bjc138 Karting

Sep 2, 2002
    DC
    Full Name:
    brian
    Given that it's going to be your first track event, I would suggest that you attend an event where you will be able to get some expert/professional supervision/instruction. The 599 is a *lot* of car in both performance and weight terms.

I've recently returned from an event at Circuit de Bresse in my 599 and, while it's a very new and technical circuit, it's very tight and won't allow you to get out of 4th gear in the 599. It's much more of a Challenge Stradale playground :)

There's a track day in Magny Cours on Aug 7th and another Ferrari-only track day in Le Castellet on August 30th. PM me if you'd like the details etc. Both of these events are very well run by people that I've been trackside with for the last 6 years!

4. M-individual

M-individual F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2007
    GTO, 458C, GT3RS
    Paul Ricard in the South of France is a nice track. I tested the new M3 there last fall and found it to be a very technical and fun track. Would certainly be nice to take a 599 there as there are plenty of high speed corners and enough "room for error".

Did Spa-Francorchamps this weekend and had loads of fun. Very, very nice track but this may be too far away for what you are looking for.

Cheers,

M

5. ddemet

ddemet Karting

Dec 11, 2003
    Switzerland (VD)
    +1 to both dreamcatcher and bjc138

I would strongly advise against going on a first trackday with a 599 without any previous tuition. Maybe you should consider the official Ferrari courses on the Fiorano track before venturing with your own 599 on a track.

In any case I would think that the 599 is not particularly suited for tracks and much more adequate for mountain pass drives (see 599 vs Scuderia thread).

BTW welcome to the Fchat community of the Leman...

6. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    For the 599, id go to SPA or Magny cours.

7. Har

Har Rookie

Apr 14, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Full Name:
    H.N.AR
    Many Thanks to all of you who were kind to give valuable information, i'm currently evaluating different options based on your advise and will report back with developments.