Tubi exhaust for 360 modena | FerrariChat

Tubi exhaust for 360 modena

Discussion in '360/430' started by Cavallino 458, Jun 24, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cavallino 458

Cavallino 458 Karting

Jun 24, 2008
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Vic Rob
    I am considering a Tubi Stage 2 for my 360 Modena - all of the clips on the net sound fantastic. I have heard the Capristo and Kreissleg but I am favouring the Tubi. I have heard that they can be somewhat droney at idle? Has this been a problem for anyone else? Thanks

2. sailquik

sailquik Formula 3

Feb 27, 2006
    In a temperate zone
    Full Name:
    Charlie
    Welcome to Fchat and don't be shy about filling out your profile; we don't bite :)

Tubi is great, is not "droney" at all at idle. If anything, it sounds great between idle and (+/-) 2500RPM, gets too quiet between 2500 and 4500 and sounds great again after that...but I wouldn't call it an unpleasant drone at any speed.

The only other exhaust I've heard that I can comment on is the X-ost and that sounds good as well, but I don't like the way it looks as far as the welds and metal formwork.

In any case, this is all a matter of personal preference, so go to a local F-car get together and try to see and hear as many systems as you can before making a decision.

3. Cavallino 458

Cavallino 458 Karting

Jun 24, 2008
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Vic Rob
    Thanks for the feed back sailquik. It can get a bit confusing esp when local dealer doesn't really know much about the Tubi.

Will try to check one out before I go ahead.

As you gathered I only just signed up yesterday and I am getting used to navigating around the site. Cheers

4. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    any aftermkt exhaust for the 360 is better sounding than the stock! u cant go wrong with tubi or capristo

5. ferrariblue

ferrariblue Formula Junior

Jun 12, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Cody
  6. F360-1386

F360-1386 Formula 3

Oct 8, 2006
    Markham, ON, Canada
    Full Name:
    51216M
    I don't disagree with you that the stock exhaust sounds (just) OK; with the tubi on, it sound much better but dead; If put on sport cats, the tubi goes live .. it sounds deep and great.

I went through the 3 stages with my 360 Modena: drove with stock exhaust for a season then added tubi last year and just added the hyper-flow cats .... it is much much better .... it is not just loud but harmonically deep.

7. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    u say this because u never had a tubi or capristo installed in your car

8. ferrariblue

ferrariblue Formula Junior

Jun 12, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Cody
    I've heard about a lot of problems with the CEL lights going off with Tubi exhaust. Is this a true fact?

9. Red4RECAT

Red4RECAT Formula Junior

Jun 5, 2006
    MD
    Full Name:
    Cyndi T
    My 360 has StageIII Capristo and I have to tell you, I got a headache every time I drove it for about two months. I am used to it now and am considering putting on hyper-flow cats. Now I wonder if I will get those headaches again?

The upside is it sounds AWESOME!

10. VR4

VR4 Karting

Apr 22, 2004
    vancouver, wa
    Full Name:
    steve
    i could see that happening with a cat replacement but not exhaust.

tubi on an otherwise stock 360 sounds absolutely incredible. ive never heard a stock 360 but compared to a 430 with the diverter valves bypassed....ill take the 360 with tubi any day of the week

11. KINGS POWER

KINGS POWER Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2005
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    King
    Another option is the Larini. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Of87RQ7zue8 This is my car with Larini sports exhaust and GT PRO highflow cats.

I also highly recommend a set of highflow cats, this will make the most dramatic change in sound.

12. mgtr1990

mgtr1990 Formula 3

Mar 30, 2005
    Naples Florida
    Full Name:
    Martin Graham
    I have the Tubi NGT and Hyperflow cats on my 360 sounds very aggressive but not too loud I agree the Tubi with the Hyperflows is a better sound than just the Tubi