So, to all those ordering Cali's... | Page 3 | FerrariChat

So, to all those ordering Cali's...

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Frunkey, Jun 30, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. modena1_2003

modena1_2003 F1 Rookie

Aug 17, 2005
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Pap, the heat has not been good to you mate!

_J

2. cavallinorattrappante

Jun 27, 2008
    I agree

3. SL%%

SL%% Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2008
    honestly I don't mind what people would say. everyone is entitled to their opinions and how they see them. like me, exterior wise, the front is nice but the rear is a mix of Fiat and IS-F, interior, to me, Ferrari did a great job. I mean, you get new instrument clusters, new "bridge" at the same time new aircon knobs to name a few. i guess what Ferrari is trying to do is to explore new potentials, new category of taste, new market that they haven't really tapped on. with the california, its going to be a head on now with the SL63 AMG (if you're going to base on design and the roof mechanism). i liked the F430 Spider but hoping it had the steel roof mechanism of the SL and now Ferrari did with the california. possibly, the california is also a test mule for the future F142 in terms of how people would react with the new model. if its accepted and well regarded, maybe we can get some hints from the california going to F142. so i think it was really a bold move for ferrari to try and attract new potential customers wherein those customers prefer a sports car characteristics with a sense of a little touch of modern luxury.

4. jbdmd

jbdmd Formula 3

Sep 30, 2007
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Doc Jay
    #54 jbdmd, Jul 5, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2008
    +1 :)

I remain enthusiastic and "on the list". I am excited about the possibility of a relatively affordabe GT car from a company with a serious racing heritage. I am hoping it will be more 599 then Lexus SC430

5. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    my 355 doesn't have a "race" mode... and it doesn't have 460hp... wow... my car sucks then huh :)

6. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin

for the longest time, i thought the biggest poseur mobile was the 360. only when the CS came out did i start respecting that car... well that and the fact that the belt service doesn't cost as much... LOL

I mean seriously... how many rapers had 360s when they came out? talk about posers... DMX filmed an entire video sitting on the hood of a 360 while it rolled down the street...

7. Frunkey

Frunkey Karting

Jun 18, 2008
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Not quite! The 355 is a fantastic vehicle, and existed before there was "race mode." The fact that they have a "Race" setting will clearly delineate future models: cruisers (no Race) and bruisers (Race).

Yipe! Rapers!

8. SS2012

SS2012 Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2006

How ironic..... if you are not a poseur, why would you care who else drives the car?

I love the 360 since the first time I've seen it in flesh. I couldn't care less if 50 cent buy one and slap on 22" dubs on it. I don't see why you would think the 360 is a poseur car but respect the CS - unless the particular CS you saw was sprinting acorss the apex on a race track.

9. jbdmd

jbdmd Formula 3

Sep 30, 2007
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Doc Jay
    #59 jbdmd, Jul 5, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    you're right!!

anybody want a 360?

do the wheels make me an 'extra special poser' or just a '430 wanna-be'?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    That is a gorgeous car, and the wheels make it that much better looking as I never liked the Star Wheels on the 360.

11. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Your kidding right?

12. psorella

psorella Formula 3

Oct 22, 2007
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Lino
    #62 psorella, Jul 8, 2008
    Is this too much bling?I don't stop getting compliments on how distinguished the car looks...Don't have a rap album out yet ;).I consider the 360 the modern Dino...Gives me goosebumps everytime I turn the key.Looking at the Cali,takes it one step further-Style,function,performance and driveabilty and I hope to own one in the near future...

13. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap

:eek::eek:

14. jm348

jm348 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 21, 2007
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff M

Neither does mine....and my hot wife drives it...damn I must be gay :eek:

15. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    I will readily admit that I am very sceptical about the entire concept of the Cali, to me it seems to be a car targeted at America, nothing wrong with that but can help thinking that the essence of what Ferrari is has been diluted by this car

BUT, I will reserve any definate judgment until, I have read reviews, talked to people that have driven it and until I have seen one, only then I feel can I make any constructive conclusions regarding this car.

16. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap

Well........the car IS called the California. ;);)

17. djui5

djui5 F1 Veteran

Aug 9, 2006
    Phoenix, Arizona
    +1

18. Sanj-

Sanj- Karting

Jul 1, 2007
    Vancouver
    some ferrari's need not be recreated. but i do like the california.

19. ronsupercar

ronsupercar Formula 3

May 2, 2002
    Orlando Fla.
    Full Name:
    4RE-Ron

Not only cup holders, It seats 4. This will sell to all of those husbands not allowed to leave the house in the F-car without the kids....

20. jm348

jm348 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 21, 2007
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff M

21. James-NZ

James-NZ F1 Veteran

Jun 26, 2007
    Hamilton, NewZealand
    Full Name:
    James
    These are the best 2 posts i have read regarding the current situation at Ferrari, thank you Vince for putting into words what i have been unable to do for a while now.

As for the Cali, I could take it or leave it, Its a nice car I'm sure, but I can remember when a new Ferrari model would make my heart jump every time i thought of it or saw a picture, something is missing here, I don't get excited when i see it.

22. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    #72 PAP 348, Jul 15, 2008

:D:D