Kiwi Spotters Thread! | Page 30 | FerrariChat

Kiwi Spotters Thread!

Discussion in 'Australia' started by vimal_enzo, Aug 1, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jeffQV

jeffQV F1 Rookie

Feb 13, 2004
    NZ
    Full Name:
    jeff
    J-E-A-L-O-U-S!! mind you whats all that wet stuff? Up here (Whangaparaoa) not a cloud in the sky, hit 20 and a blue 550 sailed past, almost a perfect day except although flat calm, no fish!

2. b27

b27 F1 World Champ

Oct 11, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Brett
    Great Pics James.

I am amazed that you drive from Hamilton up to Auckland for a drive then back home (you show you live in Hamilton). Good run though from memory unless its changed heaps. Used to be some good left right left right..... sweepers round Waikato. Probably bypassed now. :(

3. James-NZ

James-NZ F1 Veteran

Jun 26, 2007
    Hamilton, NewZealand
    Full Name:
    James
    A blue 550, very cool!!!

It really was a great day, top down the whole time, no rain and nice blue sky's. Crazy considering the weather we have been having, as you noticed by the very wet roads. :)

How come no fish? Wrong bait? :D

4. James-NZ

James-NZ F1 Veteran

Jun 26, 2007
    Hamilton, NewZealand
    Full Name:
    James
    Thanks mate! Yeah i drive up every month for the run, this month was great because we ended in Hamilton so the drive home took 5 min, normally we end in Auckland and i have to make my way home, the average fun run can put about 500kms on my car easy, today was a touch over 300kms total.
    The drive up to Auckland is great now, mostly 2 lanes each way so you can keep a good average speed, not like the fun that road used to be though, I'm sure we could share some stories about late night runs........

5. b27

b27 F1 World Champ

Oct 11, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Brett
    That we could.......... :D

Raced karts for a few years b4 coming to Oz, and had many a good drive to events south of Auckland. :D Highway 27 was my favourite when heading towards Rotorua or Taupo.

They had a few good street events in the old days. My old SR5 Hilux ute was set up well. Had a few years of fun.

Moving way off topic. Can't belive the Taupo cicuit today, it is sensational. Used to be almost a goat track. :)

I've been in Oz for 16 years and haven't seen a cicuit modified to the level of Taupo in NZ. I believe Manfield is going to be updated as well? All we are doing over here is closing them. Sydney is a good example which is sad. In my time here we have lost Amaroo, a great circuit, and now Oran Park is going. Its only a matter of time before Eastern Creek goes as all well (I do hope I am wrong) as major events have gone. I hope it doesn't go because its a great cicuit.

Anyway,

6. fastmikey

fastmikey Karting

Aug 11, 2006
    Auckland
    Full Name:
    Mikey
    is that fine looking testarossa mattyj's new ride? He'll have to paint it white to go with his other movie car!!

Awesome pics, shame I missed it.

7. James-NZ

James-NZ F1 Veteran

Jun 26, 2007
    Hamilton, NewZealand
    Full Name:
    James
    I am not sure on the Testarossa but it would be real sweet in white! :D

It is a shame you missed the run, the weather was great. You gonna be around next month? Lots happening by the sounds of things......

8. jeffQV

jeffQV F1 Rookie

Feb 13, 2004
    NZ
    Full Name:
    jeff
  9. James-NZ

James-NZ F1 Veteran

Jun 26, 2007
    Hamilton, NewZealand
    Full Name:
    James
    #735 James-NZ, Aug 2, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Busy day out on our roads today, the weather wasn't the best but people still bringing out the toys, I picked my car up in Auckland and spotted a Bentley, grabbed the photo for you Rob/Bob/Robbie/Mr B/Pickle.

Also saw a 599GTB gloss black headed north on SH1 and a black 612 in Newmarket.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. jonnypops

jonnypops Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2006
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Jonny
    Welcome to the forum kiwi. Looking forward to seeing these photos!

Saw a very nice AM Vanquish in the garage of Novotel Hamilton on Thursday morning.

11. jonnypops

jonnypops Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2006
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Jonny
    Having a look over the Targa competitors list for late September and its looking like we're in for a stunner! A few that catch the eye are
    last years 308 GT4 with the N.A.R.T livery
    a Rotaried Porsche (dear god...)
    lots of MR2s, M3s, and standard Porsches
    Steve Millen's firebreathing Ford GT
    and one that i cant wait for... F355 Challenge. oh. god. yes :D

check out the full list in the following link

http://www.targa.co.nz/data/media/documents/Targa%20Competitor%20List%20Aug%202008.xls

The prologue stage has moved from the wicked Old Quarry Road in Ardmore to the streets of Manukau. Anyone else looking to attend a few of the stages?

12. jeffQV

jeffQV F1 Rookie

Feb 13, 2004
    NZ
    Full Name:
    jeff
    Can somebody turn the bl**dy water off, I live on top of a ridge and I can't walk on the grass!!!

13. j_lomax

j_lomax Karting

Nov 21, 2007
    Wellington, New Zeal
    Full Name:
    Josh
    Was a very random day today. Spotted a DB9 at lunchtime
    Then when i was going home i spotted Terry serepisos's Baby blue 430 spyder. dunno if i like the colour of it.
    And then, about 5 min after seeing terry's 430, I saw A Navy blue 430 spyder coming along the main road by the station. Im sure it was callum's one actually.

Quite a good day for cars haha not for weather though that's for sure.

14. Giles3

Giles3 Karting

Sep 17, 2004
    Palmy - New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Matt Giles
    Over the past week have seen both a yellow 430 and black Gallardo in Palmerston North. I know the G is based just out of Palmy, but don't know about the 430....might have just been driving through the city?

15. James-NZ

James-NZ F1 Veteran

Jun 26, 2007
    Hamilton, NewZealand
    Full Name:
    James
    Auckland motor way this morning spotted Lotus esprit, Lamborghini Gallardo, Lotus Europa, Aston DB7 (I was driving it for some of the morning ;) ) Audi R8, and numerous Porsche's. Great day for spotting but no Ferrari's :(

16. James-NZ

James-NZ F1 Veteran

Jun 26, 2007
    Hamilton, NewZealand
    Full Name:
    James
    Yellow 430 Spider with red leather?

17. aarhap

aarhap Karting

Feb 25, 2007
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Hopefully Steve's GT handles a bit better than last time it was here. But I'm sure it's still going to thrill! I'm quite looking forward how the '08 Nissan GTR coming over from Australia is going to compare to the mighty GT and also Joe McAndrews GTR...

18. aarhap

aarhap Karting

Feb 25, 2007
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Matt, did you see the black Aston DB9 (Plate is "BL DB9") around on Thursday and Friday? I saw it heading towards Palmy going through the Manawatu Gorge. Sounded SO good...

19. Giles3

Giles3 Karting

Sep 17, 2004
    Palmy - New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Matt Giles
    Was a spider - not sure about the leather (was driving in opposite directions). You know where this one is based? Not in Palmerston North I assume.....

I missed the DB9 Aaron :(

20. jonnypops

jonnypops Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2006
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Jonny
    #746 jonnypops, Aug 25, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2008
    Holy smokes totally missed that entry! that sure will add to the excitement. Lets hope theres a competent and daring driver behind the wheel

edit: ahh - just read that its Mr Tony Quinn behind the wheel! I believe he usually drove the V.I.P Petfoods Porsche 996?

21. b27

b27 F1 World Champ

Oct 11, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Brett
    Yes, he IS Mr. VIP Petfood. :D

22. James-NZ

James-NZ F1 Veteran

Jun 26, 2007
    Hamilton, NewZealand
    Full Name:
    James
    #748 James-NZ, Aug 27, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  23. Arvin Grajau

Arvin Grajau Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2006
    Wurundjeri man.
    Full Name:
    Arvin Grajau
    like the Aston

24. James-NZ

James-NZ F1 Veteran

Jun 26, 2007
    Hamilton, NewZealand
    Full Name:
    James
    Thought you might, I drove it about 100kms and all my hair turned grey, damn thing makes me feel old just looking at it! :p